• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

interview

To my humble opinion, for having done my interview twice in the last year or so,

1- Know about a little about your trade
2- Know a little about the training you will have (duration, places, phases etc...)
3- Know a little about the CF
4- Be honnest
5- Know what you want and be confident about it.

Those the point I suggest.

PS my interviews  (#1 was at the CFRC was about a 45 minutes to 1 hours, and my second one (since it was a transfer after all lasted  around 75 minutes)

Both were less formal then I would have tough, those people are there to know if you answer to the type of people that the CF would like to have in the organisation. the second was less stressfull then the first to my opinion.

Hey hey guys,

Thanks a lot, it really really helps ... i ve been to many other websites and poseted blogs, but hardly ever get any response, and at this site got a tremendous amount ... just goes to show how much people actually care... it is great to no that...
I still have my heebeejeebees ( stands for butterflies in English ) but i feel way better now, i should be fine...
thanks for all your replies and keep em coming...

one quick question how ever, somebody just posted this :" Read about the CFs in general (ie:  the CDS, MND, all the important figures of the element you want to get into, etc)" I was wondering what CDS and MND stand for... frogive me i am not too good with acronyms

Thanks again
:) :salute: ;D

rajan45 said:
one quick question how ever, somebody just posted this :" Read about the CFs in general (ie:  the CDS, MND, all the important figures of the element you want to get into, etc)" I was wondering what CDS and MND stand for... frogive me i am not too good with acronyms

MND = Minister of National Defence
CDS = Chief of the Defence Staff

If you need any more help on acronyms, you'll find this page very helpful
http://army.ca/words/?function=showall&showlett=A

Cheers

Trust me Rajan, you will still have the butterflies AFTER your interview, but then it will be cause you're waiting for "The Call". Hell, I check for messages every time I take the damn dog out for a leak!!!

Haha thats so true iv been waiting for my call for a few days now and iv been like COME ON ITS BEEN A MONTH..lol

Call me old school, and maybe some of the recruiters on here could confirm, but I would and did where a suit! You look professional, they will probably think you want this bad! Bad  enough to wear a suit, even if it's for only 5 min, or 2 hours, Look professional, you probably are professional. Think of it this way, would you wear a suit to a job interview?

Rowshambow said:
Call me old school, and maybe some of the recruiters on here could confirm, but I would and did where a suit! You look professional, they will probably think you want this bad! Bad  enough to wear a suit, even if it's for only 5 min, or 2 hours, Look professional, you probably are professional. Think of it this way, would you wear a suit to a job interview?

yes i would definitely wear a suit.. and yes I do want this.. want this bad... hell i ll wear a suit for the rest of my life if i get this...hahah...
i have a suit ready for the interview... it is probably the best suit i have...
hoping for the best...

Motions are the worst.

Once you're in, you'll feel a big relief.

Rajan45,

I wish luck, you see that all the stress is worth it. But if you have done some interview in the past, you will this one different a little, and to my opinion better in a way and civvies interview.

Don't worry, it will go find as long as you demonstrate that you want it and as long as you are confident.  :salute:

Simple question, is the interview like a job interview where you can prepare for questions? If anyone is allowed to give me any information on what kind of questions they ask you, please share, if not, it's okay. I would just like to know if they're like job interview questions or just questions about getting to know who you are and what kind of job you're fitted.

PLEASE AND THANK YOU

I think a search function will help you a lot.  However, that being said it is a job interview. You have applied for 1-3 specific jobs depending on what you put on the application.  Be prepared to know what those jobs entail and what kind of things that people in those jobs do.  It is a job interview, dress professionally and be prepared.

I've applied for the infantry reserves in New West BC.
I've done my aptitude test my pt and both of my medical examinations.
I wanted to know how long it could take until an interview can happen ( I signed up about 2 and a half months ago)
And how I can prepare for it.
I've googled information on infantry but what I seem to be finding is just very general and doesn't give me much confidence about knowing everything I should know about infantry.
Also, if the interview is to be successful, are the chances of the regiment not having any open spots pretty high? and me having to wait a while....?
I'm aboriginal and want to get in as quickly as I can, Whether its the bold eagle camp or the reserves, but to my understanding, I cant apply for both and wait for which ever to get me in quicker.
I understand that the bold eagle doesn't start til the summer, but if this waiting period to get into the reserves could take that long or longer, it'd be better to know now. thanks.

I have been looking on the Forces.ca website for the "Preparing For You Interview" worksheet but it seems to have been removed (or else I am blind and can't see something that is right in front of me...) Does anybody have the link for this?

Thanks.

turtlerace79 said:
I have been looking on the Forces.ca website for the "Preparing For You Interview" worksheet but it seems to have been removed (or else I am blind and can't see something that is right in front of me...) Does anybody have the link for this?

Thanks.

http://www.11rca.ca/web_pdf/prep.pdf

I'll second how useful the worksheet is. The process of filling out the worksheet gave me a really good idea of what was expected/asked of me. Perhaps most importantly, it got me thinking about what precisely I was signing up for and what kinds of examples I would use to demonstrate my abilities.

Nothing demonstrates confidence and competence less then not having an answer for the interviewer, or having to hum and haw trying to find a suitable example.

That being said, the interviewer is not (likely) out for blood and will clarify his questions, etc. I had no problems in asking questions during the interview. Know what your Trade(s) do, know what sets you apart from the average, and dress like it's the most important interview of your life.

Hopefully this helps!

(Edited a line regarding which questions were asked)

Aside from the fact that you swear to the recruiter you won't speak about the interview or questions on it outside that room.......  :facepalm:

The interview prep worksheet was posted by the GC therfore is a pretty good way of preparing for an interview.  Other then that its just a job interview be confident and learn everything you can before you walk in that door.  It's been said before and ill say it again, Knowledge is power in the recruiting process

I had thought my statements were suitably vague enough not to reveal what occurred during the interview - save that the worksheet was a good place to start. Post has been edited however to remove the (potentially) revealing statement. Is there something else I missed?

I remember swearing not to reveal the formatting of the interview or revealing the questions asked therein, but I don't remember swearing not to discuss it period. I might have a faulty memory in this regard however.

Sorry I didn't mean yours in particular just some stuff in the last few pages is borderline revealing In my opinion. Just had my interview a couple days ago I understood it as just not talking about.the interview in any specific way.  Of course maybe im just a little to literal with some stuff.  It is basically just a regular job interview though.  Read all you can before hand and have confidence in yourself.  They don't expect you to act like your trained already because well......your not

Back