• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

interview

G-spot

Inactive
Reaction score
hey, I have my interview on march 16. I was wondering what kind of questions did the interviewer asked you

thanks, Graeme

Questions about your history and you family, as well as questions about the trade that you are applying for. Often scenarios are given as well and you are asked questions about them. Just be honest. Also, if you do a search you should be able to find quite a bit of info on the interview.

Like the title says its a stupid question, but what do I wear to the interview?

Best to look sharp. You don‘t have to be a total stiff, but you want to give an impression of maturity - and that your taking the whole thing seriously.

I‘d go with a sport coat and nice collared shirt; always smooth.

It‘s not a stupid question at all. Appearance says a lot in an interview. You don‘t want to show up looking like you just crawled out of a hole.

If I were a guy, I‘d be throwing on a tie for sure. A full suit and tie wouldn‘t hurt. If you don‘t have a suit then opt for dress slacks and a shirt and tie. Not sure what the norm is for a military interview but I would treat it just like any other job interview.

All the best. :)

I wore a suit and tie to my interview; it was what my father, and when I showed up and most of the other people were wearing baggy jeans and big columbia ski jackets; didn‘t matter though, they all looked like jackasses and I looked like someone they might actually want in the military.

It‘s always beneficial to look your best at any job interview, even more so at one with the military I would say.
Dress the best you can, but don‘t worry if you can‘t get a suit and tie.

Most people wear a suit, or nice dress clothes. It‘s completely up to you, but keep in mind that you are trying to make a positive impression to the interviewer.

He or she is likely to be very skilled and picky about judging someones appearance, so try to take care of skuffs on your shoes, run a lint brush over your clothes before you leave your house or maybe even just before you walk through the door of the recruitment center.
Maybe get a hair cut the day before, make sure you shave, clip your fingernails that sort of thing.
I had tremendous case of dry mouth when I did my interview last week (because of a new whitening toothpaste, not from nervousness) so I was so thankful that I brought a bottle of water in with me. You might want to do that, the interview can last a while.

It would be difficult to overdress, short of puttng on formal wear (tux or a gown), but you could certainly give a negative impression of yourself if you showed up in jeans and a tee shirt. They might be likely to assume that you aren‘t taking the process seriously in that case.

I‘m for sure not going to show up looking like I just came out of a hole, but have been to more than one interview where I came dressed in a suit and tie, and everyone else came in jeans and a t-shirt. It's a humbling experience.

Humbling for them maybe; You should never be humbled when the people around you are dressed sloppier.

Going for an interview in the CF is like going for an interview in the civilian world. You really want to impress the interviewer. Try to think in the interviewer‘s shoes. You can tell a lot about someone by their dress and deportment. The person interviewing you has probably interviewed countless individuals and will probably think more highly of you if you put effort in your appearance. Rule of thumb, if you‘re going as an officer wear a suit, and if you‘re going NCM the bear minimum should be a shirt with a collar.

Originally posted by Wesley H. Allen, CD:
[qb] Is that supposed to be funny? [/qb]
Anything referring to "wifebeater" does not strike me as funny. Where did people come up with that sort of analogy anyway? :confused:
Good posts, I‘ve been in a tizzy about what to wear..*going to get a suit* :p

The Military Career Counsellor consentrates mostly on the questions and the responses. They are directed not to make any predeterminations based upon appearance.

I would wear something that looks good but also comfortable. If you are not used to wearing a tie; don‘t wear one.

It‘s your career choice. Make the most of it.

I had the same question. The way I see it every other major semi military (like police forces) expect their interviewees to appear in a full suit, new shiny shoes and all. So I would expect the military to want the same treatment.

After all it is a serious, mature job (or a career) so you must show your serious and mature side.

I know what you mean when you say you felt weird being all dressed up when everyone is casual. My last job interview everyone was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I wore black dress pants with a white shirt and black tie. I felt like a goof at the time but a few days later I got a call from the interviewer asking me if I wanted the managers position. :D

Here‘s the deal... even if you do show up looking like a slob, it‘s not going to automatically count you out of a career in the military... that‘s why they‘ve got basic training, to beat dress and deportment into your head...

The interviewer is going to be concentrating primarily on the answers to your questions. If you seem disinterested (I‘m sure it‘s happened) during the interview, or you seem like you just don‘t care, you‘re not getting in.

That being said, as somone else pointed out, shirt and tie for an NCM, full suit for an officer is a good bet...

Regarding showing up over dressed for an interview, prior to joining the reserves (Or more accurately, after joining the reserves, but prior to my actual training begining, which took a good six months, but well worth the wait), I was desperately looking for a job... I dropped into one retail store, and they said "No, sorry no openings", but I was polite and friendly, and out going with the manager anyway, and said "Oh well. Thank you anyway, if you have anything come up in the future, let me know". At this point I was wearing a dark polo shirt with a pair of casual dress pants, looks spiffy without looking over dressed.

Anyway, as I was about to walk out the door, he said "Wait, actually, we‘re doing a group interview for a couple of posistions tommorow morning... can you drop by?"
"What time"
"Well, it‘s a bit early I know, but 8:30"
"Not a problem, I‘ll see you tommorow morning."

Now, I didn‘t know what to wear, so I figured safe bet, shirt and tie. As it was, most other people showed up looking like slobs (Maybe 30 people for 6 posistions), with the exception of myself and two others. We were hired.

If I remember correctly, I wore a pair of dress pants, nice shoes, a clean black t-shirt, and my leather jacket. While I wasnt the best dressed, one guy in a suit, I was certainly far from the worst.

Back