• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

interview

i found that in my interview, we basically went through the information that was on the application package, so one of the things you can do to prepare yourself is to be able to discuss every activity/trade/qualification you listed on the forms and your experiences in those events. As it has been mentioned before, you should do some research on the trade that you are applying for and a brief history on the subject. I would recommend being honest on all questions, because often the interviewer wants to know more information, and if you lie..then that just leads to countless other lies. Just be confident in your answers, and a way to increase this confidence is through preparation.

I hope it's not too late to add something. But i'm also in the process of filling out the preparing for your interview sheet...and I was just wondering, should I put all my answers on a separate piece of paper (like typed or something) or am I better off just trying to sqeeze all my answers in the little bitty spaces they provide. Because if I'm not mistaken, the recruitment center expects me to send that sheet back to them. 

I'd like to hear more about this policy change that disappeared your security vetting wait...
Is this another sign of recruiting being streamlined?

AD said:
I hope it's not too late to add something. But i'm also in the process of filling out the preparing for your interview sheet...and I was just wondering, should I put all my answers on a separate piece of paper (like typed or something) or am I better off just trying to sqeeze all my answers in the little bitty spaces they provide. Because if I'm not mistaken, the recruitment center expects me to send that sheet back to them. 

I took the time to neatly type up the "preparing for the interview" forms on my computer, and I would recommend you do the same. The Officer who interviewed me commented it was well done and seemed impressed, so I would advise you to go the extra mile and type it up.

During the recruiting process I was always looking for a way to seperate myself from the pack, and seeing as how the recruiting process is competitive, I recommend you do the same.

Best of luck

Thats what I thought but I wanted to make sure just in case. Thanks a lot!

Che said:
I'd like to hear more about this policy change that disappeared your security vetting wait...
Maybe. It depends on the specific case (i.e. was StormTrooper out of the country within the past 10 years, etc.). If you have a question about your specific situation, call the CFRC. 1-800-856-8488.

Che, I think I might be able to answer that question.  A couple of months ago I was still waiting for my background check to come through (I lived in the UK for 2 years).  The CFRC called me and told me that I no longer had to do the pre-sec because they had changed the policy.  From what I gather, the pre-sec is only applicable if an applicant has spent more than 180 (I think that was the number) consecutive days out of the country.  If a person returns to Canada for any reason before the 180 days has passed then they only have to do the ERC.  The great thinkg is, the 180 limit resets itself every time you come back to Canada.  I lucked out actually, I had come back to Vancouver for Christmas twice and twice in the summer.  So my 180 day lmit reset itself every time I came back.  So there is a way of getting around it.  Even if you come back for only a couple of days then you can save yourself alot of grief during the application process.

That preparing your interview sheet, its only 1 page front and back right?

*making sure i didnt misplace anything*

Che said:

Now if they'd only streamline the friggin VFS.

Che said:

I really have no idea why it happened. In my case, they decided to run the background check on me because I have lived in Canada for less than 10 years (6.5 years), and I was born in a "scheduled" country. I'm not much of a traveller, so I haven't been outside the boarder since I moved here. I wouldn't mind seeing the army run background checks on people, after all, you can never be too careful; but the "1-3 year" wait period was just rediculous. I'm interested to find out more about the new conditions after this policy change.

Hello all,
I recently passed my CFAT and had my medical done... it all went well, now it is time for the interview... They usually are nerve racking, but I ve given plenty of interviews and I am confident in my interview giving abilities, but never ever have I ever been in an interview of this scale... so I am feeling the butterflies...
I am applying for Pilot as my first choice, and air navigator as my second choice,
I was wondering if you would please give me some tips/tricks that would help me perform well at this stage... how do I prepare for, I no knowledge of your occupation is quiet important, but thats all the info I have,
What type of question would they ask; I am not asking for specific questions but a general idea would be really helpful... or anything that would help

I dont know if that would make any difference, but my entry plan is CEOTP,

Thank you :salute:

Its true we are not alllowed to discuss any of the questions from the interview. It is however basically the same as the "Preparing for You Interview" sheet. Also it is not a serious interview. I walked in all nervous and the first thing he said was to relax lol. It was pretty informal and I wasn't being judged on my posture/apperance as you would be in a noraml job interview. Its just a series of easy question which they have to ask, but don't put a whole lot of focus on. Unless of course you start saying crazy/pyscho things lol.

I just posted this to another "pre-interview jitters" type question.

"I just had my interview last week, and really, you have nothing to worry about. Mine was conducted by a Navy Lieutenant, really laid back kind of guy with a good sense of humour. A lot of people on here describe it as one of the easiest job interviews they ever had. I was skeptical of this before hand, but it really was an easy interview.

As long as you've been honest on your application, you have nothing to worry about. It was actually the most enjoyable part of the application process."

Seriously, RELAX. The CFAT is more uncomfortable than the interview, honestly!!!!

I also found the interview more laid back, the Captain was pretty funny and we talked almost like friends it was a good experience. Doesn't mean you will get a Captain like mine though so I suggest going in professional until they give the que that it can be more relaxed.

There's no way to "prepare" for the interview because it's about you! The CF wants to know about you and your life.
Don't over think this, I just had mine for Reg Force and it lasted about 25-30 minutes and I talked to the PSO like a person.
So relax and for heavens sake tell the truth. 

CombatMP265 said:
There's no way to "prepare" for the interview because it's about you! The CF wants to know about you and your life.
Don't over think this, I just had mine for Reg Force and it lasted about 25-30 minutes and I talked to the PSO like a person.
So relax and for heavens sake tell the truth. 

It's about you and also about your knowledge of the organization.  So I believe there are many ways of preparing for an interview.  Read about the CFs in general (ie:  the CDS, MND, all the important figures of the element you want to get into, etc) and also about the trade you want to get into (training phases, equipment, etc)

Max

I just had mine for Reg Force and it lasted about 25-30 minutes and I talked to the PSO like a person.

Wow.  30 minutes only???  I had mine and he said it would last about an hour.  It lasted over two... I think I might have over done it in the details.  It got so casual, I kept on forgetting that it was an enterview, which I think might be the point. 

My interview in march was about 25 minutes.

It was the easiest thing, and the Captain was really cool. Nearing the end of the interview we started talking about this whacked-out pen he got in Niagara falls. The thing was amazing. I've never seen a pen like that before in my life.

It was the most enjoyable interview of my life.

I just had my interview and I was so nervous.. I pictured big bad infantry guy
but it was so easy just know your job, know why.
Don't lie on any scale start clean let them know everything right off the bat and it will all go fine

Lol I was nervous when he asked me if I was ever suspended I answered yes for fighting twice thinking that was gonna mark me down
then hes like.. eh..thats not a big deal, we're the army right ;)

mine lasted an hour and 30.. but there was lots of conversation and he had a lot of stories for me
Good times in that interview, really enjoyed it

Back