• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Infantry Recruiting (Merged)

I have never worked in recruiting so this is just an assumption..  call your local CFRC and they can give you the definitive answer on this.

Say there are 200 people who want Infantry,  once they get through all their testing, etc they will be put onto a merit list for the Regiment they wish to join.  In that merit list you would be ranked against everyone else.

So that 200 could be broken into

PPCLI - 100
The RCR - 60
R22eR - 40

You could be ranked #60 for PPCLI,  and during 2013 100 positions for Infantry open up.  But if only 58 out of those 100 positions are for PPCLI you would be waiting until 2014, etc

You can always apply. Positions are filled for this fiscal year but you should still apply as soon as possible. Things will be slow and you will be waiting until the start of the next fiscal year (April 1, 2013). But the sooner you apply the better, that way you get your foot in the door.

Great. Thanks for the answer!

I've been in contact with the CFRC quite a bit. Thought I'd reach out to the forums to give them a break, haha.

RedLion said:
So, to clarify, I'll outline a hypothetical scenario:

1. Assume recruit-hopeful 'Jacob Canuck' is processed and merit-listed by September.
2. The first 2013 BMQ is in July 2013, so he misses it.
3. The second 2013 BMQ is in November 2013.
4. Jacob Canuck is on the merit-list for Infantry NCM by this time.
5. The recruiters go back to the merit-list for Infantry NCM, and select the next top guys for the 2013 BMQ.
6. Jacob Canuck is selected!

Is this how it would work?

Nope, doesn't work this way at all...  First off, BMQ dates have no relevance what so ever in the recruiting process, so get that out of your head!  Once you have been offered a position, then you will be loaded on the "next available BMQ"...

Timberwolf said:
You can always apply. Positions are filled for this fiscal year but you should still apply as soon as possible. Things will be slow and you will be waiting until the start of the next fiscal year (April 1, 2013). But the sooner you apply the better, that way you get your foot in the door.

I was under the impression that if Infantry Soldier is closed you can't apply for it. My CFRC said only when the Infantry Soldier trade opens in April, 2013 will they schedule my CFAT, and begin processing.

Can anyone confirm? Getting processed now would be swell, since I would be afforded the opportunity to get merit-listed before the occupation opens up. I've spoken very closely with my CFRC on both Officer and NCM options, and it's the same game.

One more thing for hopeful recruits; My CFRC said in February (February 4th I believe), they are no longer accepting paper applications. It will all be electronic via the CF online application. Not sure if this is a gradual phase in for different CFRCs, or a date being applied to CFRCs across the nation.

Also, thank you DAA.

RedLion said:
I was under the impression that if Infantry Soldier is closed you can't apply for it. My CFRC said only when the Infantry Soldier trade opens in April, 2013 will they schedule my CFAT, and begin processing.

Can anyone confirm? Getting processed now would be swell, since I would be afforded the opportunity to get merit-listed before the occupation opens up. I've spoken very closely with my CFRC on both Officer and NCM options, and it's the same game.

One more thing for hopeful recruits; My CFRC said in February (February 4th I believe), they are no longer accepting paper applications. It will all be electronic via the CF online application. Not sure if this is a gradual phase in for different CFRCs, or a date being applied to CFRCs across the nation.

Also, thank you DAA.

I'm in the same boat as you.
You can still apply for infantry soldier, or any other occupation, however there has to be an opening in the trade, or a demand for them to continue processing your application while you're in the middle of the process. It's the end of the fiscal year now, and the next presumed "opening" will be next spring apparently.
All of us appicants want to be merit listed, but some are further than others. I'm still waiting for medical/CFAT/Interview, etc... but I'm also in grade 12, so I have time.

Back