• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Individual Meal Pack (IMP) [Merged]

its already been said but, the key for me when eating rats is don't smell and don't look just eat and move one.

I used to care what meal I got but it was a lot of hassle to get the "good" one so now I don't care. Usually i eat them cold anyway.

Any Imp is edible if you follow  this one simple rule.  Go to Crappy Tire and get the camping spices, you know 10 differnet spices in 1 jar.  If you don't like the look,  or smell funky of a IMP  coat with your favorite spice.

Or you could bring eggs, and bacon  with a wee frying pan,  that is always a good way to make friends

Omelet with salsa? Yes!
Afghanistan 2002, American T rations "Green eggs and ham"  :blotto:The 'only' way to stomach them was with salsa. As for Canadian IMP's most of the meals today are edible to some degree but the breakfasts are still in need of some work. I agree with Daidalous, a few personal spices go a long way to improving any ration!

years ago, long long time ago.....
we'd get a "daily" IMPabout the size of a shoe box... with a stack of cans & the like.
best part that I would save for after the Ex were the crackers & sardines... they would go great with the beer ;)

Then they had the Jumbalaya..... a concoction of rice and other stuff. Rumour had it that it was something the MND thought was great and imposed it upon us / cursed us with... Yetch! Though we did find the tins made for good "grenades" to chuck at En trenches :)

Cdn rations were quite nice tks a lot when compared to what the Brits were getting (back in 70s)

One of the highlights from this MERX posting for pouch entrees and sides (also attached if link doesn't work for you):
.... Poutine 240g x 60 032 ....

Wonder how those fries'll reheat in the bag?  Mmmmm......

I don't know if I should be excited...or grossed out...

The fries won't be crispy....the whole point of eating Poutine is to scarf it down before the fries turn to floppy limp sticks.

Pandora114 said:
The fries won't be crispy....the whole point of eating Poutine is to scarf it down before the fries turn to floppy limp sticks.
Sorta what I was thinking - and I've seen what retort pouching technology has done to "bread", so I'm curious what "poutine in a pouch" will be like.

I always figured ration packs were full of healthy, full, and nutritious foods -- like cherios and pop-tarts.
Guess I wasn't that far off  ;D

It's nice to see some outcome from the money we've invested into "embrace cultural diversity."  ;)

Pandora114 said:
....the whole point of eating Poutine is to....
.....soak up some of the beer at last call. 
:cheers:

Therefore, phase 2 for the ration packs:
unibroue.jpg

Pandora114 said:
I don't know if I should be excited...or grossed out...

Doesn't matter, has gravy

Sooner have poutine in a pouch than what my troops were fed this morning.

Jim Seggie said:
Sooner have poutine in a pouch than what my troops were fed this morning.

Wait!  You guys get cereal in your box lunches???

At least the box lunches from CFB Greenwood have been improving for flight crews.  Meat isn't green any more and the cheese isn't fuzzy. (no joke) Husband still brings his home since he doesn't really eat them.  Kids love em...except yesterdays...egg salad..that was kinda gross.

(Husband saves his box lunches to give to the kids, they'll eat anything)

Journeyman said:
It's nice to see some outcome from the money we've invested into "embrace cultural diversity."  ;)

.....soak up some of the beer at last call. 
:cheers:

Therefore, phase 2 for the ration packs:
unibroue.jpg
Mmmmm - the only thing better than poutine in a pouch is beer in a bag, right?

milnews.ca said:
Mmmmm - the only thing better than poutine in a pouch is beer in a bag, right?

JM would probably like it in an IV bag....  ;D

Pandora114 said:
Wait!  You guys get cereal in your box lunches???

At least the box lunches from CFB Greenwood have been improving for flight crews.  Meat isn't green any more and the cheese isn't fuzzy. (no joke) Husband still brings his home since he doesn't really eat them.  Kids love em...except yesterdays...egg salad..that was kinda gross.

(Husband saves his box lunches to give to the kids, they'll eat anything)

In the 80's Air Forces box lunches were leagues above the army ones. We were constantly amazed at what we got in a AF box lunch, fried chicken is one of the things I remember, army ones were quite forgettable.

Back