• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Individual Meal Pack (IMP) [Merged]

No lung in a bag thankfully.  But the Mac and Cheese was starting to go sour.

Beans and Hot Dogs is glorious as a breakfast. One of the few I can stomach.

I wonder if the jambalaya is as good ( :p) as the stuff we used to get in the cans (RP4s?) They did explode nicely though when tossed in the fire.

The "poutine" is decent as far as IMP go, but it is not poutine.  Potatoe sticks, chicken chunks, and the occasional jellied-cheese piece in a broth.

Some foods just dont travel well :camo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine#/media/File:poutine.JPG

tomahawk6 said:
Some foods just dont travel well :camo:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine#/media/File:poutine.JPG
Or, put another way, probably don't vacuum seal and reheat well :)

MCG said:
The "poutine" is decent as far as IMP go, but it is not poutine.  Potatoe sticks, chicken chunks, and the occasional jellied-cheese piece in a broth.

You make it sound so appetizing, Yummmmmmmmm. :boke:

cupper said:
You make it sound so appetizing, Yummmmmmmmm. :boke:

If you heat it really really well and smush it up, it tastes really good.  Cold not so much.

Pandora114 said:
I heard from a chef, who volunteered at the Annapolis mess, that Flight Feeding was considered a punishment for the cooks there for quite some time.  Comox FF is much better than Greenwood FF I guess.  It has improved since we got here at least.  No green meat, or fuzzy cheese...

When I first joined in the early 80's, I was a Cook in Cold Lake.  Found myself in Flight Feeding for about 6 months, our guys ate very well.  I didn't see it as a punishment but more of a nice break off the main kitchen floor.  Nice thing about being in FF was that they would take you up on the air-to-air refueling exercises (which by the way gets real boring after the first flight), on the NATO AWACS and even spent 2 weeks in San Diego.  Back then, all our rats where fresh (and yes, now that I read that it looks kind of bad but no rats where used or harmed), including the baked goods.

Back