• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Incentive Pay Category For Cadets Joining The CF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if the OP had bothered to read these twelve pages, (s)he would have had their answer.  As is, we have spent twelve redundant pages repeating the same FACT over and over and over again.

TOPIC LOCKED !

Hey folks

I joined just under three years ago, and was given a semi-skilled incentive:  Private 2 pay from the day I started basic training.

--> What I don't know is if that advancement to a Private 2 pay is considered 1 year advancement towards my Corporals or not.

Coming up to my third year in about a month and I'm wondering if that means I'll be promoted to CPL (With of course QL5 completed) or will I stay at a Private 3 pay.  I've been asking around, but it seems that no one really knows that answer to this. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.  I looked into perhaps using some cadet time to getting that 6 months towards my corporals, but I think its been far too many years since I was in cadets).

It would have read:

1 year time credit towards pay; or

1 year time credit towards promotion; or

1 year time credit towards pay & promotion.

If you signed up with "1 year advanced towards pay" as semi-skilled - and "promotion" wasn't mentionned, then it is not applicable to the promotion.

As an aside, your "cadet time" would have been looked at (if) had you reported it when you applied. "Cadet Time" is not based upon "time" - it is based upon "the courses you actually did as a cadet". Some cadet courses are worth diddley squat. "Cadet Time" does NOT count towards service as "Cadets" are not members of the CF. If, however you did a specialty qual course while in cadets, it may - such as basic para.

As well, you can't just "apply" to have "anything" put towards getting your Corporals earlier ... accelerated promotions are not "applied for" in any way, shape or form by the member themselves; rather, the CoC must observe an outstanding ability by the Pte to perform at the next level and must then recommend that the Pte be accelerated.

According to CFAO 49-4 Annex A Promotion Eligibility Criteria promotion to Cpl requires the following:
4 years qualifying service
QL5A Qualified
Medical - meet minimum medical category for the MOC
Availability - be available for unrestricted employment in MOC

Accelerated Promotion is the same except with 3 years qualifying service. The used to be a 10% ceiling on accelerated promotions, this has been removed and ECS/MAS are expected to implement their own controls so that only truly outstanding Ptes are accelerated. So as ArmyVern stated, if accelerated promotion is not mentioned in your message when you joined, then unless you are in the top 10% (or limit established for you MOC) you will require 4 years of qualifying service.

What I'm talking about is different that an Advanced promotion request. Essentially if you have the proper Cadet time (courses/time/etc etc) or college (semi or fully skilled etc etc) then you can bump that 4 years down to 3.5. Its on a case by case basis from my understanding, but I don't understand where they have the criteria listed.

But thank you ArmyVern, I'll have to get the OR to pull out my old posting messages to Basic and see what the wording is.

SuperAVS said:
What I'm talking about is different that an Advanced promotion request. Essentially if you have the proper Cadet time (courses/time/etc etc) or college (semi or fully skilled etc etc) then you can bump that 4 years down to 3.5. Its on a case by case basis from my understanding, but I don't understand where they have the criteria listed.

But thank you ArmyVern, I'll have to get the OR to pull out my old posting messages to Basic and see what the wording is.

It (cadet) is looked at as part of the enrollment process as I said below.

Did you advise the CFRC and provide documentation of your cadet time and courses when you enrolled?

Absolutely, though the reason I'm again looking into again is to see what else I should be entitled too but wasn't informed of, or perhaps the recruitment centre may have not known of. Can't hurt to see about getting 6 months taken off that 4 years to Corporal. Like anyone, I could use the money!

SuperAVS said:
Absolutely, though the reason I'm again looking into again is to see what else I should be entitled too but wasn't informed of, or perhaps the recruitment centre may have not known of. Can't hurt to see about getting 6 months taken off that 4 years to Corporal. Like anyone, I could use the money!

1)  What particular cadet courses do you have that you are so convinced are going to get you 6 months towards your promotion?

2) did you put forth your documentation to the CFRC when you enlisted?

3) If you DID hand in your documentation ... why then do you think that "the CFRC might not have known"? Credit towards certain (not all) cadet courses is nothing new for them ... it's actually been around for decades now. Mine was credited way back when I joined two decades ago ... you really are not "special" or "unusual".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back