• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Incentive Pay Category For Cadets Joining The CF

Status
Not open for further replies.
geo said:
Cameron... there is nothing wrong with having been a cadet & saying you have been a cadet.
However, there is something wrong with taking a superior attitude about it - leaving people the impression that you know it all and have seen it all.... only later to demonstrate by your deeds that you don't.

By your deeds & by your acts you will show how good (or bad) a soldier you are.

In the meantime... sign up to get the additional pay while you can... it IS yours for the taking.

I agree, thinking your superior is not the kind of attitude that you want. Now i know that at my regiment we do not do the 6 month seniority i asked if they did and they said no. I ended it right there but i think the Reg force might give you the 6 months if i am wrong please someone correct me. :)

Cameron_Highlander said:
I agree, thinking your superior is not the kind of attitude that you want. Now i know that at my regiment we do not do the 6 month seniority i asked if they did and they said no. I ended it right there but i think the Reg force might give you the 6 months if i am wrong please someone correct me. :)

Must be your unit only.

Cameron_Highlander said:

All units do. Including your unit. Whoever told you they don't was mistaken.

That being said, it's nothing to do with seniority. It's six months towards your first IPC increase (Pay raise). That is all.

My unit does things a bit different then most  ;) i just went into pay class 2 for private so im earning $94.30 compared to $80 a day but having the 6 month would be good

Cameron_Highlander said:
My unit does things a bit different then most  ;) i just went into pay class 2 for private so im earning $94.30 compared to $80 a day but having the 6 month would be good

It appears that you don't have a grasp on what you are talking about, so please stop giving advice.

Cameron_Highlander said:

No they don't.

Cameron_Highlander said:

Based no doubt on your extensive experience within the CF?

If you don't want to believe somone who knows better when they're trying to help you, then don't. However, it is not up to your unit to do things differently. The pay incentive for former cadet service is (I believe) outlined in the CFAOs (If not in the CFAOs, then somewhere else, but I would assume the CFAOs, I've never had to look it up personally), which are universal to the entire forces. I would have offered to provide you with a reference, which you could present to your section commander, who in turn would be able to help you sort things out with your unit orderly room, but since clearly, according to you you're right and I'm wrong, I couldn't be bothered.

Guys,
This troops has a missunderstanding about the 6 month "incentive"
This is not seniority as far as pecking order
All this is - is an admin FINANCIAL benefit.
if you turn in your cadet record of service, your unit OR will process the leg up in pay.... 6 months ahead of the other guys.

Cameron_Highlander said:
Just a Sig Op said:
Based no doubt on your extensive experience within the CF?

If you don't want to believe somone who knows better when they're trying to help you, then don't. However, it is not up to your unit to do things differently. The pay incentive for former cadet service is (I believe) outlined in the CFAOs (If not in the CFAOs, then somewhere else, but I would assume the CFAOs, I've never had to look it up personally), which are universal to the entire forces. I would have offered to provide you with a reference, which you could present to your section commander, who in turn would be able to help you sort things out with your unit orderly room, but since clearly, according to you you're right and I'm wrong, I couldn't be bothered.

If he went in as Pte IPC lvl 2, then  he must be some special...................OR............................they gave him some sort of credit for his cadet time and he is a pay level above his peers.

Cameron_Highlander said:
well i shall end my involvment in this issue now

Don't, admit the fact that you're wrong and carry on. I used to be a Cameron and I still know a couple people kicking around there. The only thing 'wrong' administratively with the CHofO was a certain CC (who shall remain nameless). Not sure if said clerk is there anymore, not that it matters.

They can't prevent you from receiving the pay incentive, it's something that applies to the whole CF. I know it sounds cool to say "ya I used to be a cadet but I'm too cool to tell anyone" (I used to be that way too) but really, it doesn't impress anyone and screws you over in the end.

Piper said:
Don't, admit the fact that you're wrong and carry on. I used to be a Cameron and I still know a couple people kicking around there. The only thing 'wrong' administratively with the CHofO was a certain CC (who shall remain nameless). Not sure if said clerk is there anymore, not that it matters.

And it can be worse.  You could be a GG.   They have even bigger problems.      ;)

George Wallace said:
If he went in as Pte IPC lvl 2, then  he must be some special...................OR............................they gave him some sort of credit for his cadet time and he is a pay level above his peers.

Perhaps, but I interpreted that as him stating he'd just recieved his annual raise, which would make sense, as according to his profile, he's got one year in.

The six months may have kicked in..........We'd have to get into HMRS and know for sure.

George Wallace said:
And it can be worse.  You could be a GG.   They have even bigger problems.      ;)

True. Loosing a Carl G never looks good on a unit, not even one as heavily spit shone and rigid as the foot guards.

Heh....

Used to refer to them as "the only government sponsored freak show".... >:D

But that was a long time ago....

geo said:
Heh....

Used to refer to them as "the only government sponsored freak show".... >:D

But that was a long time ago....

"Gustav Gone For Good"

"Googly Fooglies"

"God's Gift For..."

All in good fun.

This has been around for over 3 decades. Let me put it simple. It ain't goin to happen. Pay offices won't adjust your pay incentive category for cadet time and NO you can't simple transfer a Cadet officer commission to the Reg force either. Different ball game - so to speak.

Oil Can said:
This has been around for over 3 decades. Let me put it simple. It ain't goin to happen. Pay offices won't adjust your pay incentive category for cadet time and NO you can't simple transfer a Cadet officer commission to the Reg force either. Different ball game - so to speak.

Ummm..... yes they do, and we encourage recruits to tell us.

Oil Can said:

I work at the Area HQ & I know for a fact that the records section reviews & ensures prior cadet service adjustments are processed for those who qualify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back