• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

In reply to all the liberal bashing

Kat Stevens said:
   "remember history is writing by the whiners"
:rofl:

Actually, it's written by those who can spell

Or they hired proofreaders and used a spellcheck! ::)

I've read the FAQ's now... and still don't believe this crap.  Anarchism- a society without hierarchies.  There have been hierarchies in civilization since the beginning. How would a government function without them? The book Guns Germs and Steel explains the rise of civilization and hierarchies quite well.  People are not equal and so therefore their will be hierarchies... in highschools everyone is theoretically equal so why do hierarchies exist in the student body? An economy without hierarchy ???
Utopia litterally translates into no place for a reason.
You also said that "every state their was that was about to become an anarchy was brutally crushed by Fascists or Communists or Capitalists" What states were these? Please enlighten me because I know of none.

OK first learning disability Iv got to deal with it 24 7 365 you can handle 2 sec. (and yes I always use spell check)

second.
Span during the civil war
Ukraine during the Bolshevik revolution.
several Russian city's  during same revolution

and Iv bin Reading G,G,@S its a good book Iv not come to the place where he mentions the need for a Hierarchies. can you point me to it thanks.

and 3 whats wrong with believing a better place is possible we don't have a true democracy so by that logic why bother voting?

Dogboy I respect the fact that you have a learning disability and that is why I never commented on your spelling.

Secondly I believe it comes up about three quarters of the way through GG@S, I found the whole book to be very well written especially the parts about the domestication of plant and animal species and the rise of agriculture.

Thirdly On the topic of anarchy perhaps it's best that we agree to disagree until there is a thread about it... then we can argue about it... until then lets get back to the liberals

warspite said:
Thirdly On the topic of anarchy perhaps it's best that we agree to disagree until there is a thread about it... then we can argue about it...
dude, don't bother. When someone tries to argue the merits of Anarchism, Neo-Tech, Utopianism, Communism, et al, simply smile, pat their head, and look for the note pinned to their shirt so you can call their parents.

warspite said:
Dogboy I respect the fact that you have a learning disability and that is why I never commented on your spelling.

Secondly I believe it comes up about three quarters of the way through GG@S, I found the whole book to be very well written especially the parts about the domestication of plant and animal species and the rise of agriculture.

Thirdly On the topic of anarchy perhaps it's best that we agree to disagree until there is a thread about it... then we can argue about it... until then lets get back to the liberals

Of course as military members we are people who are supposed to be part of the means of ensuring that Anarchy does not rule. Members of the police force are also important in that mix.
I remember a few years ago in one of the towns in NB when the Police Force went on strike seeing a glaring example of how quickly Anarchy can take over and the destructiveness of the same.
I don't think people who espouse Anarchy can be of any use as a member of this institution; the military. If you are interested in understanding it's tenets and philosophy so as to counteract it that's one thing. If you're interested in embracing it as a philosophy or way of life the CF is not a good place for such as that to be.

Actually, the best counter example is Afghanistan after the retreat of the Soviet Union. That country's infrastructure, social organizations and virtually everything that we associate with central government and authority had been destroyed, and the country was in anarchy by any practical definition of the term.

According to the "theory", everything should just settle down to Utopian splendor, yes? In actual fact, the Taliban flowed into the power vaccum. Second reality check is Iraq; the Ba'athists were removed and now the Iranians and Wahhabi's are attempting to create chaos and anarchy in order to create the conditions that will allow them to supplant the legal authority of the Iraqi government.

As for Spain, the Ukrainian "Green" movement and the fate of Russian cities under the local Soviets, one reason people finally accepted the imposition of Francoist or Bolshevik dictatorship was the sincere desire for some sort of order to come into their lives (France after the "Terror" was in much the same boat).

Even on a very small scale, most communes set up in the 1960's by the Diggers and Hippy movement attempted to start with some sort of "anarchistic" principles (heh) and where are they now?

"Now for that Arrow thing. Why does this still keep coming up? The thing was a long range interceptor, the Soviets had just invented their ICBM, Interceptors became obsolete. What we should have kept it? Kill it cut it up, it would have been useless and expensive by the time it was mass produced..."

not the right place for this, but your wrong in my opinion.  The Arrow was not obsolete, and would not of been waste of money had the govn't had the foresight to keep it and produce it.  Destroying was teh waste of money killed off the industry.  Again my opinion, but more correct one. ;D

Liberal bashing, it they get bashed because its well deserved.  Because they never have an actually policy they float with public opinion and so never get any done... they just let thing happen.

You listed gay marriage.  Until the court oevr turned their civil union law the Liberals were happy to keep a double standard,and both paul and jean and wer happy to keep that way.  So the liberal party didn't legelize it the court did.

I'll be the first agree that Liberals have done a few good things in their time in office, but they deserve to be bashed for even trying to make the pubic think their the natural ruling party of canada.  If anything they are natural party of stealing ideas and making the media present them as being their ideas. 

It continues to blow my mind that people got so hung up about the Lieberal sponsorship scandal, that screwed Canadians out of millions of dollars, and everyone forgot about Jane Stewart and losing over two billion dollars of our cash. 
TwoBillionDollars
And what did we get by way of explanation or accountability?  "I guess we should look at how we track that money". 
Forget about all of the other jackass Lieberal ongoings, that one still rots my tail.  Read here if anyone needs a Wayback Machine refresher:
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com/index.cfm?PgNm=TCE&Params=M1ARTM0012121

Lieberals are getting bashed, because they conducted themselves with such arrogance and discreditability for so many years.  They pretty much had a quarter century of modern rule, and what did they come up with? 
It comes back to one of my favorite sayings "If the truth hurts, it's because it's supposed to".

Chretien and his government were one of the worst things that ever happened to Canada.

Back