• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ICE Combat Jacket - Front Lower Pockets/Straps and rear velcro?

My CQMS came around the other day (in 3 PPCLI) and took down sizes for the goretex CADPAT raingear.  Probably just a "tease", but encouraging nonetheless.  Perhaps those of us who live out of a rucksack and subsist on "boil in the foil" will actually receive the gear sometime this decade.....  Or not.

Has anybody bothered to track the evolution of the Goretex coat? I have a couple of the green coats, the first, dated Mar 01, is identical to the Air Force blue variety, ie shoulder straps, covered zippers, fleece pockets, velcro flap on pen pocket, no underarm vents. The other coat is dated Nov 01, and is identical except there are no shoulder straps but has a single slip on holder on the center-line.
I know that at some point the coat remained green, but had no fleece pockets, exposed zippers, or underarm vents.
So that's three variants at least and that's just in the green flavour. Were their any others? And what about CadPat varieties?
Realizing that the CF world has spun pretty quick these past few years, there was a long wait to the introduction of Clothe the Soldier supposedly due to extensive RandD and Field trials, and it all seemed to be thrown out the window the minute the first coat was stitched up.

Cheers       

Back