• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HSGI Wasatch + Accesories For Sale!

BigRudy

Inactive
Reaction score
Gentlemen, (bare with me if this doesn't work properly, I haven't posted a new subject before. It's a dicey game I'm playing...)

Here is the deal of the century! Well....maybe not....but it's a nice piece of kit, if anyone is interested. I wanted to hold onto it in the hope that I would be heading back to the sandbox at some point, but now I don't see that happening realistically. Luckily, you can cash in on my misery! Huzzah!

Included in this logic-defying deal are:

HSGI Wasatch Plate Carrier:     Holds 12 magazines(2 mags x 6 pouches, closes with velcro) comfortably, very accessibly and securely across your mid-section. Also has an internal pocket for items like maps, pens/notebook, quik clot etc. If you fancy yourself as more of a chest rig kind of guy, it also converts easily to a......wait for it......chest rig! There are also two little internal pouches on the sides with a piece of bungee holding them shut. I used them for Gold Bond footpowder(ahhh...so cool and refreshing), spare surgical gloves, and socks.

2 x Tactical Tailor Smoke Grenade Pouches:  They fit the smoke grenades fine, but I ended up using them for my medical supplies, which fit absolutely perfectly. I was really happy with that.

4 x Tactical Tailor Frag Grenade Pouches:    Held the grenades fine and was very secure.

1 x Tactical Tailor Zippered Utility Pouch:    It fit my Nalgene bottle and a pair of gloves with room to spare. I was initially unsure of the zipper, but it's well designed and durable enough to get the job done. It also has a smaller velcro pouch on the outside which you could use for insect repellant, or a small cleaning kit/rags.

1 x Eagle Utility Pouch:(not pictured)    It attached nicely on the empty spot next to the two smoke grenade pouches. I used this for NVG stuff because the zipper on my issue NVG bag was a cowardly malingerer, but I just as easily could have put more magazines in it or whatever else you want to cram into a utility pouch(funny wigs, fake moustaches, novelty T-shirts). I don't know if I can find this pouch, but if I do i'll throw it in for free.

1 x Small Utility Pouch:    I don't know what I envisioned putting in here when I bought it, but.... I ended up using it for Gatorade packets, which was a nice thing to have given the, you know, ridiculous heat. It might fit a small digital camera, if that's your thing.

HSGI Shoulder Padding:    This is pretty self explanitory, I think. PM me if you need a walkthrough on how these work.

All in all, I was very happy with the performance of every piece of this. Like any plate carrier, it will hold your plates(thus the term 'plate carrier') if you desire, but I ended up putting my Camelbak and stealth suit in the rear plate pouch to balance some of the load from the weight on the front and it worked fine. You could probably cram an MRE or two in here as well. Take that, Small Pack, you have been replaced! My PRR attached next to the small utility pouch on my chest, which was perfect.  My only regret was that I only got to wear it on a single op. After that, the BG decided from the far away paradise of KAF that we were much more effective in the issue TV. Just what we were thinking by trying out our own rigs, we may never know. Such truths were left behind in the battered wasteland that is Panjwai/Zhari.
  Anyways, I bought this stuff just before I went over on TF 1-07, and it cost me just over $470 prior to taxes. But, it can be yours for....... $370. Considering it was only used once, I think that is a fair enough price, but there is always room for debate.

In closing, I will just say that it fit well, and looked great. I was the talk of the town! :D That's my sales pitch, if you are interested, let me know.  :salute:

Back