• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ICE Combat Jacket - Front Lower Pockets/Straps and rear velcro?

Recce By Death said:
One of mine has been opened for the better part of 6 months because it's been torn opened and I can't get it replaced!

Mind you a new troop can go in and get a cadpat jacket to replace his OD green one no problem whatsoever.      ::)

/rant

Regards

RBD, PM inbound, D+2.

G2G

...in 2 days from home, my current compfuser, she nada do da PM'a  ting!  :-\

Got your message and a big old negative on that one.

I'm going to try other means.

Regards

Bah, if you want a nice new one, just show up to one of our BMQ classes... the "kiddies" leave them lying around all the time on the floor near their kit (yes near, not on, not in, not strapped... on the floor). 

They still can't get it through their thick pubescent skulls to label them (let alone put them away)... even after 3 weekends of instructors beating it into them, section mates beating them into them, myself beating them into them...  I thought I was bald now... these kids are going to make me look like Kojak soon.

The instructors were all eyeing them "jealously" in a pile near dismissal.  I'm surprised they didn't pull a "switch" with their old OD ones... ;-)

Cheers

Huh?
Instructors are still using the OD coats while the candidates are wearing the Cadpat ones?

That's silly!

geo said:
Huh?
Instructors are still using the OD coats while the candidates are wearing the Cadpat ones?

That's silly!

Maybe I'm missing something here - but why should'nt the instructors be the last to get Cadpat?

Nobody deploys from the schools, and they'll get an issue of the new kit before they commence workup trg (or during) so why not leave the best and newest kit in the hands of the troops who do the most field time?

GO!
Reserve instructors are not posted to a school for XX years - they are broken off from their unit to teach one or two courses & are then brought back.

All Class A reservists are now receiving the new cadpat jackets.  There are no reasons for the Instructors not to receive the ICE like everyone else.  Furthermore, as there is an awful attrition rate in new recruits, LFQA issues the OD jackets to the recruits & upgrades em to the ICE once they are qualified.

Pri for ICE are those tasked to operations, then come those employed in CC2 Land Force Field Units, then ResF Land positions.

Instructors are employed by CFTSG, in a training position, not by Land Forces in a CC2 position ,ergo the reasoning behind their being a lower priority for issue.

Go!!!

There are whole Units that have been "Forgotten" in the issue of the ICE, and the distribution is very confusing.  NDHQ has had all its' ICE in Tractor Trailers which were going around to the Various Reserve Units in Eastern Ontario, so anyone going to Clothing Stores could not do an exchange.  They had to go to the scheduled Armour at a scheduled time, or they were SOL.  

As to the Instructors not having the kit, well it could be one of several reasons.  Initial issue to the FNGs may be the ICE, and the Instructors may have to wait for their scheduled appointments.  Instructors never thought to bring in their old kit and exchange it when they brought in the FNGs for initial issue.  The items may not have been in stock, in enough quantities to issue exchanges.  They may not have been entitled to be issued ICE.  Too many variables.

I would hazard a guess, that it will still take a year, before everyone has their ICE basic issue.  

George +1

Think you hit the nail on the head WRT the allocation, out of stock, etc...

geo said:
GO!
Reserve instructors are not posted to a school for XX years - they are broken off from their unit to teach one or two courses & are then brought back.

Ahhh seen - so they are just like the "guest" instructors brought in from the Bns to teach on Battle schools (or whatever the new name is) in Wainwright, and probably, like the reg force guys, the school will not kit them for any deficiencies that they may have.

Thanks for clearing that up all who answered.

Have you guys been issued with the CADPAT rainjacket yet?

as far as I know, it's still an Air Force piece of kit.  The Army decided they had better use of the $$ before going there.

I have had mine for a while now. I saw one at clothing stores the other day and some geneus has decided to put pockets on the frigging thing. currently there are only two on it at waist level. fleece lined of course with a strap for ear defenders. With the tuck away reflective tabs (VERY USEFUL ON THE FLIGHT LINE)

Hey just hi-jack the thread a bit. You know what the worst thing about being on an airforce base is.

It's deciding on what hat to wear to work...do I wear my wedge, beret, touque, ball hat....or just none at all.... ;D just kidding.

mover1 said:
Hey just hi-jack the thread a bit. You know what the worst thing about being on an airforce base is.

It's deciding on what hat to wear to work...do I wear my wedge, beret, touque, ball hat....or just none at all.... ;D just kidding.

Can't you just call the union rep to find out?

Mover, of the choices you mentioned above, was that a blue, green or white touque?  ;D Although the CFP-265 just says "touque", some folks take it upon themselves to interpret and pass on as official DND/CF policy...  ;)

G2G

mover1 said:

In the days of multiple flying-suit colours, it was possible to see people in either of four different ones. Add in the three different jacket colours, and one could have a Squadron's worth of aircrew like snowflakes even without the hat variety.

mover1 said:
I have had mine for a while now. I saw one at clothing stores the other day and some geneus has decided to put pockets on the frigging thing. currently there are only two on it at waist level. fleece lined of course with a strap for ear defenders. With the tuck away reflective tabs (VERY USEFUL ON THE FLIGHT LINE)

Where did they add the additional pockets on it? 

Back