• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to fold a Mod tent

acnose

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has an actual manual on how to fold mod tents, or at the very least can explain how to fold it well.

Nfld Sapper said:
Would that be the fold into giant squares or rolled  ;D

Dude,

Ends are folded ... centres are rolled (so that they can easily be unrolled in order to be folded to be handed in)!!  ;)

ArmyVern said:
Dude,

Ends are folded ... centres are rolled (so that they can easily be unrolled in order to be folded to be handed in)!!  ;)

MSA made us roll all the mods both front/rears and centres lol

Nfld Sapper said:
MSA made us roll all the mods both front/rears and centres lol

Here?? You sure?? Here, we take 'em back with the ends folded ... but the centres rolled (only because they fit better into the cages that way -- standard qtys in each cage).

For the centres, same process as the diagram -- but instead of the last two folds -- roll 'em from one end to the other.

Nfld Sapper said:
Yeah there  ;D here we make giant squares lol

They are all supposed to be giant squares!! (That's why I didn't post anything about us rolling the centres here in my original response post).

As per the diagrams below -- is the correct and official way of doing it.

We only roll the centres here due to spacing issues ... they fit better into the cages and we get 12 per vice the 10 per folded.

Heh....
Nowdays I just tell my Sgts that the modular tents need folding, ask if there are any questions & tell em that the task has to be completed by xx hours.  Figure I don't have to second guess or micromanage my Sgts :)

geo said:
Nowdays I just tell my Sgts that the modular tents need folding, ask if there are any questions & tell em that the task has to be completed by xx hours.  Figure I don't have to second guess or micromanage my Sgts :)

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Actually if you need help, just roll down to your local Field Ambulance, and request some help from a section of 737 Mod Techs. They should be able to unfold, setup, tear down and put away 4 sect of mod with ends in about 15 mins for you.  ;D

Yeah, building Modpitals always seemed daunting. Field ambs get some good practice building those...

St. Micheals Medical Team said:
Actually if you need help, just roll down to your local Field Ambulance, and request some help from a section of 737 Mod Techs.

A buddy of mine at 2 Fd Amb (a few years back) used to tell everyone he was a Modular Support Technican!  ;D

ArmyVern said:
Dude,

Last time I turned in mod to the Gagetown MSA, they had to have everything rolled to there specs, and the supply tech actually measured some  ::)

NL_engineer said:
Last time I turned in mod to the Gagetown MSA, they had to have everything rolled to there specs, and the supply tech actually measured some  ::)

That's about the time the Supply Tech gets two choices :to fold the mod themselves, or to take the tentage as given.

NL_engineer said:

Supply Techs??

LOL ... It's all civilian storesman in there now!! Have fun next time!!  >:D

MG34 said:
That's about the time the Supply Tech gets two choices :to fold the mod themselves, or to take the tentage as given.

I'd agree with you if the Sup Techs were just changing their minds at the last minute or whatever ...

But when the mod is picked up by the courses/Units ... that little diagram gets handed out to whomever signs for it (and there's a stack of them on the counter) ... so that they are aware of how it needs to be folded for return. If it's done differently ... well ... perhaps whoever signed for it on behalf of the course/Unit should re-do it all himself then.

Not really as there is only 1 approved way to fold mod, local customs don't count :)

MG34 said:
Not really as there is only 1 approved way to fold mod, local customs don't count :)

Exactly as I said below ...

The only approved method is that in the diagrams originally posted.

But if you want to turn yours in here ... you just roll instead of the last two folds. It's really easy to do ... and even takes less time ... and you are aware beforehand as to how it has to be returned. It's even included in CFB Gagetown's official SCIs, so local customs only count -- locally.  ;)

1. look busy when it's time to fold mod.
2. step 1 fails, get in there early and rip it apart, someone else can fold it.
3. step 2 fails, quickly muckle onto some poles and take a bunch of them to the ML it will be folded by the time you get back.
4. step 3 fails, stand there looking stupid.  someone else will inevitably start folding it when they recognize the 'what the hell do i do now' look on your face.
5. step 4 fails, you are by yourself... just fold it like a fire blanket, they'll just unfold it again anyways to dry it.

i hate mod.  whenever it's time to set up mod... i just go find heavy stuff to carry.

Back