• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How to fold a Mod tent

DesertVengeance said:
1. look busy when it's time to fold mod.
2. step 1 fails, get in there early and rip it apart, someone else can fold it.
3. step 2 fails, quickly muckle onto some poles and take a bunch of them to the ML it will be folded by the time you get back.
4. step 3 fails, stand there looking stupid.  someone else will inevitably start folding it when they recognize the 'what the hell do i do now' look on your face.
5. step 4 fails, you are by yourself... just fold it like a fire blanket, they'll just unfold it again anyways to dry it.

i hate mod.  whenever it's time to set up mod... i just go find heavy stuff to carry.

I hate to admit it, but I"m the same way. I"ll do it, don't get me wrong. I just don't like it. Even when it is going to be hung to dry afterwards.
But welcome to the army. Everything doesn't have to make sense. ;D

Schultz

DesertVengeance said:
i hate mod.  whenever it's time to set up mod... i just go find heavy stuff to carry.
Sgt  Schultz said:
I hate to admit it, but I"m the same way. I"ll do it, don't get me wrong. I just don't like it. Even when it is going to be hung to dry afterwards.
But welcome to the army. Everything doesn't have to make sense.

Except when you get to sleep in it while it's pouring rain, or eat in one with a heater, when it's -5 out, or spend the summer in one, instead of crew tents or half shelters. They also make a better office than the back of a LSVW or G-Wagon.

All good comes with just a little bit of bad. The little pleasures tend to make you forget the insignifigant pain.

lol well ya, when it's a functioning tent, mod is sweet.  But the whole getting to and from process i could do without.

DesertVengeance said:
lol well ya, when it's a functioning tent, mod is sweet.  But the whole getting to and from process i could do without.

I recall seeing an Amercain "Mod" tent that inflated. May be I was trippping out. Too bad I couldn't get my hands on that system. Hehehe...

Regards,
Schultz

Could it have been the DRASH system?

We use it as well now... I'd like to see them all burned myself... way too fragile... there's much better alternatives on the market... particularly the BASE-X system.

Back