• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How long for first pay?

Barb

Inactive
Reaction score
I know this has probably been discussed before but I don‘t have the patience to do a search so sorry if I irritate anyone!!

I am getting sworn in on July 16th with basic starting on July 20th. Does anyone know how long until I would receive my first pay? I know how much I will be getting paid but I would like to know when I will first get paid. I don‘t think it would be end July but maybe on the Aug 13th pay. Does anyone have information on this? Also what day do I actually start getting paid? Is it the day I get sworn in or is it the day I start basic?

Thanks in advance.

Barb

Unless your recruiting centre puts you on leave without pay from 16-20 July, you‘ll get paid starting from the day you sign on the dotted line (16 July).

I don‘t know what pay period you‘ll get in on, but you‘re smartest to be as pesimistic as possible (plan to miss 2-3 pay periods). Pay docs can get lost very easily, and are not always processed quickly. My first year in, all of my pay statements were en francais!

When I joined the Militia in Regina, back in January of 1976, I did not get my first pay cheque until May.

Then the daily pay rate for a PTE was $16.50 (and remember, that was taxed too), plus $1.50 meal allowance paid in cash at lunch time. I had a whopping big cheque of $185.00!

The good ole days, eh.

Cheers,

WEs

In my reserve unit there are a few guys that hadn‘t been paid after 4-5 months. And another unlucky person with the same last name as an old member is still not being paid as all his cheques were being deposited in the other guys account. I would say if you don‘t get paid after a month keep going up the chain of command until they can assure you when you will be paid. Nothing will happen unless you let someone know.

It is reg force that I am going in for so I am not sure if this will differ with reserves. I know the reserve pay scale is different since they are paid on how much they work.

After you are enrolled, your recruit file is closed and the appropriate documents are sent off to various agencies. Your electronic will also be closed and this action will send a notification to Ottawa that there is a new Reg F person in the military. They will, in turn, create your Reg F electronic file which includes entering you into the pay system. This process takes a couple of days.

Since pay is calculated two weeks in advance, your first paycheque will most likely be mid August. Until you are in the pay system, the gaining unit will pay you manually until your direct deposit takes affect.

Well I also got a pay related question... I was reading on an Government of Canada site (can‘t remember the URL) they said they give you a $220 pay advance. Is this true?

Back