• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

HMCS Calgary CO & XO Relieved Of Duty- January 2020

Not a Sig Op said:
No doubt, they can pressure all they like, but you've still got the right to representation, and a trial with an impartial judge.

You're not going to find a civilian judge pressuring you to "take the charge" after embarrassing him or his buddies.

The pressure is all part of the game.  That being said, if you have done nothing wrong, you should stand your ground.

A good lawyer would advise you to do so.  It will cost you though.

Under Canadian law can an accused waive their right to trial and let the judge decide ?

MJP said:
The word on the street is the RCN (at least on the CPO side of the house) are out for blood.  Furious whiny emails abound.

Who or what are you quoting? I know the head of PA for the Navy and she will be very interested in seeing anything that is circulating about this on the street on the CPO network.

Weinie said:
Who or what are you quoting? I know the head of PA for the Navy and she will be very interested in seeing anything that is circulating about this on the street on the CPO network.

Beat it narc..ask the CPO network for their whiny emails

MJP said:
Beat it narc..ask the CPO network for their whiny emails

Excuse me? You posted that word on the street was that someone was gunning for this kid. I want you to cite/prove this, because otherwise it is bullshit and you made it up.

Weinie said:
Excuse me? You posted that word on the street was that someone was gunning for this kid. I want you to cite/prove this, because otherwise it is bullshit and you made it up.

You are excused...

Really. That's your response. I sit in on a group that daily discusses all of the issues that are of importance to the CAF. At no time has this issue been raised.

So, your impropriety notwithstanding, put up or shut up.

Weinie said:
Really. That's your response. I sit in on a group that daily discusses all of the issues that are of importance to the CAF. At no time has this issue been raised.

With all due respect my friend I wanna say those groups probably see and hear what they want to hear and not what's happening at ground level.

You know, like when a general comes around and troops are strongly advised not to ask questions and say everything is good to go when asked.
"troops are happy everything appears great"

Suggesting someone with MJP's posting history is making stuff up is wildly out in left field.

Weinie said:

Meh. Good for you on sitting on such an important council.  Tell them they should focus on real issues. 

Take my impropriety on an unofficial website and shove it.

If you want the official answer get it from the right sources.  My sources will stay silent.  Suffice to say the CPO network is livid.

Oops.  That was supposed to be a -300...clicked too fast...

Be careful who you waggle a finger at....some folks know that of which they speak.

NS

OK. Our Branch chief is a CPO1. I talk to him daily and will ask him to suss out what is being communicated on the drums.

I also deal with disinformation on a daily basis and this fits seems to fit squarely within that realm. I will apologize profusely and publicly on this forum if I have castigated MJP improperly.

You will see in an earlier post that I stated that often the CAF shoots the messenger. After 36 years in this outfit, I have seen far too many times when hyperbole and innuendo achieve the opposite effect, and create a fictitious situation that doesn't exist.

Notwithstanding folks disregard for where I work and the level of SA that we have, the local/tactical becomes strategic in a millisecond, and we are actually very aware of real issues.

Weinie said:
OK. Our Branch chief is a CPO1. I talk to him daily and will ask him to suss out what is being communicated on the drums.

I also deal with disinformation on a daily basis and this fits seems to fit squarely within that realm. I will apologize profusely and publicly on this forum if I have castigated MJP improperly.

You will see in an earlier post that I stated that often the CAF shoots the messenger. After 36 years in this outfit, I have seen far too many times when hyperbole and innuendo achieve the opposite effect, and create a fictitious situation that doesn't exist.

Notwithstanding folks disregard for where I work and the level of SA that we have, the local/tactical becomes strategic in a millisecond, and we are actually very aware of real issues.

Great post and thank you for the clarity.  I apologize for my snarkiness but I refuse to allow the institution to intrude on an unofficial  platform.  We need to be held accountable as a public institution that we're are using public resources properly. Witch hunts of people that may or not be of CAF members relating to a satire/parody song is not a good use of public time.

That said the emails exist and I encourage anyone to ATIP them.

MJP,

I was not trying to start a fight here, rather, if what you have stated is true, then I have the ear of a person who I believe can make this stop in a heartbeat.

I was well aware of the notification proclaiming that the CO and XO were to be removed. Second and third order effects considerations did not go beyond that. Believe me when I say that there is no intent at the strat level to track down the originator/producer of the video, and if local CPO's are livid, they will be disabused of that emotion very quickly.

Weinie said:
MJP,

I was not trying to start a fight here, rather, if what you have stated is true, then I have the ear of a person who I believe can make this stop in a heartbeat.

I was well aware of the notification proclaiming that the CO and XO were to be removed. Second and third order effects considerations did not go beyond that. Believe me when I say that there is no intent at the strat level to track down the originator/producer of the video, and if local CPO's are livid, they will be disabused of that emotion very quickly.

Just chiming in here to stand up for emotionless CPOs, and similar ranks in other arms and services. They're great at counter-balancing histrionics from people like me :)

Except the term Jetty Jumper used to be specific to the Air Dets as we only did high readiness ships.
As opposed to sailors taking a RHIB in from a ship on the way in, to get on a ship on the way out so they can meet some of the critical crewing requirements? Or coming alongside Friday and walking your kit to another ship leaving Monday? Have seen both more than once, and it's still happening, despite how many of those critical positions we've cut from the min required (while also reducing the training/experience and blasting people through the ranks... what could go wrong?).

despite how many of those critical positions we've cut from the min required (while also reducing the training/experience and blasting people through the ranks... what could go wrong?).
Ummmmm… cough 7th fleet wrong? cough

Ha, those amateurs still do regular preventative maintenance! When you really want to live on the edge, you only partially do the critical maintenance, and then, you know, assume things will be fine.
Ooooohhhhhhhhh…. 🤯

You mean their ships only look like that AFTER the game of “bumper ships” is over? Well in that case they’re doing quite well!

Partial critical maintenance? Sounds like the CAF should bring back that old motto “Live The Adventure!” but put a disclaimer in super small writing along the bottom 😈💡

Back