• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Highlanders

http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1296842004?

I know there is a thread on this already but I can't find it.  But it seems to fit here.

Tony Blair has told MOD to make sure that the Regiments are retained.  Instead of One Regiment they will form a Multi-Regiment Scottish Brigade.  Presumably they will still be able to make the intended changes to manning, training and deployments and role assignments.

hey guys we forget the haggis and scotch.A good single malt. And for good kit depends where you come from .If near london they is a good one in stratford and than the fergus highland games.

I think Findlater's pipes are in a museum at Edinburgh Castle... I can't recall the name of the piper who they belonged to, but he was a Gordon and was wounded during the battle.

Haughs of Cromdale is an excellent tune (just piped the CO up to the Mess with it last week).  Cock of the North is also great.  Just learned the Heights of Dargai a couple weeks ago :)

For all the Highlanders out there, tomorrow (Nov. 30) is St. Andrew's day :)

Aw, the highland mess dinner. It was a joy for the Argylls' Sgt's and WO's. We had no napkins and no after dinner coffee. Our guest speaker was CWO Gapp and he had great things to say about the Regiment.

We Highlanders are a cut above the rest and scotch is good for everyone.

Back