• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

High Ranking Police Folk Allegedly Behaving Badly

This post applies not only to police, but all emergency services.

Today's news reported the cost - $29 million - to taxpayers when emergency services share souvenir snapshots "for morbid gossip".

California has since passed a state law prohibiting first responders from taking unauthorised pictures of people who die at the scene of an accident or crime.

Today's news reported the cost - $29 million - to taxpayers when emergency services share souvenir snapshots "for morbid gossip".

I had no idea that happened. That's disgusting.

They may have been wronged but 29 mil is a bit much

More than George Floyd's family got.

Speaking of George, in today's news,

The proposed settlement would award $21,500 to each of the more than 300 people arrested in the Mott Haven neighborhood of the city's Bronx borough if it is approved by a federal judge.

Massive civil jury awards in the US are often reduced substantially on appeal, but that seldom makes the news.

They need a law to tell them not to take, not only unauthorized, but potentially prejudicial photos of a person?

Massive civil jury awards in the US are often reduced substantially on appeal, but that seldom makes the news.

They need a law to tell them not to take, not only unauthorized, but potentially prejudicial photos of a person?

From what I understood of the Kobe Bryant settlement, it sounded like a done deal.

Our department paid out $10 million for delaying service to a call.

We were prohibited from photographing (digital or conventional film) or audio taping any scene or situation involving any patient or other person.

That was departmental policy. Not sure if there is a law.

From what I understood of the Kobe Bryant settlement, it sounded like a done deal.

Our department paid out $10 million for delaying service to a call.

We were prohibited from photographing (digital or conventional film) or audio taping any scene or situation involving any patient or other person.

That was departmental policy. Not sure if there is a law.
Ya, it seems it was an agreed-upon settlement.

Civil juries in the US make all sorts of wacky awards, which are often reduced by the trial judge or on appeal, but they make good headlines. Juries get their heartstrings tugged and like to stick it to the man/government/fat cats.

Civil jury trials are almost unheard of in Canada now and 'sentencing' (award) guidelines are much more realistic.

I love how the detective just refuses to show up in court and the court is like oh okay then. I hope he's still on duty keeping the streets safe.

Imagine if every participant in the justice system was treated equally. If the sanctions for not appearing applied to an accused were applied to the Crown and to witnesses.

Start jailing no show officers for contempt and watch the hilarity.

Sadly we don't all have powerful police unions with the supporting mental health experts to keep us safe from justice.

Sadly we don't all have powerful police unions with the supporting mental health experts to keep us safe from justice.

You and I aren't paying into the police unions, those two detectives are.

Also

The Ottawa Police Association has told this newspaper that it stands by the officers and supports them.

Back