• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

High Ranking Police Folk Allegedly Behaving Badly

I’ve been involved in lots of polar bear control and not one person, Inuit or otherwise had a .22LR. If someone had them it was for ptarmigan. That’s traditional Hunts and protection hunts. You can kill a bear with anything in the right conditions- so it’s not impossible- but it’s not the practice.

Think about what you’re saying- the same people slaying polar bears with .22LR- need .203 to kill dumb caribou they can slap on the ass with their hands they can be so close.

But That description is accurate of caribou hunts. 100000 animals Just firing into the herd as they cross the river. Or seal hunting using a white sheet.

And the patrol carbine isn’t .22LR so I don’t know where that is coming from.
A ‘patrol carbine’ is .223/5.56 AR-15s or ‘assault weapons’. My point was even if it isn’t a good cartridge for it, you could still take one out with it.

I’ve been involved in lots of polar bear control and not one person, Inuit or otherwise had a .22LR. If someone had them it was for ptarmigan. That’s traditional Hunts and protection hunts. You can kill a bear with anything in the right conditions- so it’s not impossible- but it’s not the practice.

Think about what you’re saying- the same people slaying polar bears with .22LR- need .203 to kill dumb caribou they can slap on the ass with their hands they can be so close.

But That description is accurate of caribou hunts. 100000 animals Just firing into the herd as they cross the river. Or seal hunting using a white sheet.

And the patrol carbine isn’t .22LR so I don’t know where that is coming from.
Note, I never said a .22LR. I said the Patrol Carbine was a .22. It may have an attitude, but it is still a .22 cal rifle.

Slight thread drift. Doesn't it make more sense for RCMP up north to have 12GAs and .308s? Say a shorter barrel AR10 or XCR-style gun?

They do have 12 gauge across the country. We don’t tend to have regional firearms- they are all national program. So a program may have a variant or a different firearm- but a region won’t.

So the carbine is the carbine across the country in a general duty context. When I was dealing with polar bears I had a .308 and my shotgun with slugs.

The long range patrolling stuff is pretty limited now- if we were going to go looking for bear or walrus trouble there would be some other people with us with larger calibres. We’d be more monitoring- there are rules governing harvesting large arctic animals- whales and down. I was around monitoring all of them.

The self defence against nature where a Mountie would be alone now is something I would suggest is almost extinct

Many moons ago- there was a large controversy over taser carts. There are two types- short types and long types- they have longer wires AND probes.

The RCMP had only authorized the short type- but the arctic purchased the long type- dealing with parkas 80% of the year.

This was a massive controversy (ina couple offices) for a long time. The idea of having different access across regions loomed large- and that is a silly almost zero risk difference in equipment. But we made a mountain out of it.

Eventually that fight was given up- but the toque in BC has to work in Nunavut. The rifle in PEI has to match the rifle in Yukon.

You could make a case for an “Arctic rifle”, like protective policing and their MP5 authorization. But you’d have to define a need- I would suggest the RCMP wants conservation doing conservation stuff and what we used to do isn’t REALLY the case anymore- most Mounties see their bears at the dump now. (I think)

Last edited:
Rather than correct his racist attack as a staff member, you choose to double down?

I don't think I need to clarify whether calling all initiated Sikhs 'savages' is correct, accurate or a good representation of the CF.
All initiated Sikhs blow up airplanes?

So, explain the link between police brutality & air india.
Especially, when the government gave no fucks about it at the time.

It's just become an under-handed way to attack a successful minority.
I'll wait.
You Sir, have a warped comprehension of everything you read.

Try this whole thread again without the persecution complex....

what's your point?
offered without comment.

Sikhi's pretty anti-police religiously, but not necessarily anti-police officer.
Most of the left's comments on police are just targeted attacks to weaken the institution.

Not sure what their end goals are, and so I just try to remain neutral and learn.
Best I can say tbh - came from the gym, showered and listened to prayers for 3 hours.

Make of it what you will, I'm here to listen, and only really replying now when someone tags me.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਿਹ

Last edited:
You may wait a while.

It just struck me as I was recently looking at a recruit class of my former Service which included a member in a turban; I wonder if the Sikh members are considered breaking the faith under this metric.

Sikh's pretty anti-police religiously"

They do have 12 gauge across the country. We don’t tend to have regional firearms- they are all national program. So a program may have a variant or a different firearm- but a region won’t.

So the carbine is the carbine across the country in a general duty context. When I was dealing with polar bears I had a .308 and my shotgun with slugs.

The long range patrolling stuff is pretty limited now- if we were going to go looking for bear or walrus trouble there would be some other people with us with larger calibres. We’d be more monitoring- there are rules governing harvesting large arctic animals- whales and down. I was around monitoring all of them.

The self defence against nature where a Mountie would be alone now is something I would suggest is almost extinct

Many moons ago- there was a large controversy over taser carts. There are two types- short types and long types- they have longer wires AND probes.

The RCMP had only authorized the short type- but the arctic purchased the long type- dealing with parkas 80% of the year.

This was a massive controversy (ina couple offices) for a long time. The idea of having different access across regions loomed large- and that is a silly almost zero risk difference in equipment. But we made a mountain out of it.

Eventually that fight was given up- but the toque in BC has to work in Nunavut. The rifle in PEI has to match the rifle in Yukon.

You could make a case for an “Arctic rifle”, like protective policing and their MP5 authorization. But you’d have to define a need- I would suggest the RCMP wants conservation doing conservation stuff and what we used to do isn’t REALLY the case anymore- most Mounties see their bears at the dump now. (I think)
Totally random, but spent a summer on OJT on loan to the cadet program in Whitehorse filling in for a CIC. We had a 12 gauge with slugs when we were out in the bush in case we ran into a bear.

That seemed like overkill until I saw how big the bears were, and how thick the bush is, and can absolutely see stumbling into a bear at close range. I think something like that would be completely reasonable for RCMP in remote communities for animal control situations without having to go to some kind of 'scary tactical longarm'. Plus if you miss it's not going to go another 500 yards, which seems generally useful in a policing situation if you are around a town.

Don't see why a 12 gauge with slugs and a C7 for a carbine wouldn't be a reasonable all purpose combo for a patrol car, as that way you get stopping power if you need it for something like a bear (or engine block I guess) and a C7 for longer range and accuracy for a mass shooting type situation.

So, explain the link between police brutality & air india.
Especially, when the government gave no fucks about it at the time.

It's just become an under-handed way to attack a successful minority.
I'll wait.
Don't have to explain anything. People who put bombs on airplanes are savages. There are acceptable ways to contest oppression, and that's not one of them.

Totally random, but spent a summer on OJT on loan to the cadet program in Whitehorse filling in for a CIC. We had a 12 gauge with slugs when we were out in the bush in case we ran into a bear.

That seemed like overkill until I saw how big the bears were, and how thick the bush is, and can absolutely see stumbling into a bear at close range. I think something like that would be completely reasonable for RCMP in remote communities for animal control situations without having to go to some kind of 'scary tactical longarm'. Plus if you miss it's not going to go another 500 yards, which seems generally useful in a policing situation if you are around a town.

Don't see why a 12 gauge with slugs and a C7 for a carbine wouldn't be a reasonable all purpose combo for a patrol car, as that way you get stopping power if you need it for something like a bear (or engine block I guess) and a C7 for longer range and accuracy for a mass shooting type situation.
I agree. I used slugs just fine- plus I could use rubber rounds too in nuisance cases

Don't have to explain anything. People who put bombs on airplanes are savages. There are acceptable ways to contest oppression, and that's not one of them.
People who colonize and genocide entire continents are savages.
When they face a backlash of mass immigration and reverse racism there's no required explanation.

There are acceptable ways to secure your economic interest, and that's not one of them.

People who colonize and genocide entire continents are savages.
When they face a backlash of mass immigration and reverse racism there's no required explanation.

There are acceptable ways to secure your economic interest, and that's not one of them.
MODERATOR POST

Folks, you can see that Singh1947 is now banned. He had already been banned previously [but claimed it wasn't him] but we allowed him to come back and try to be a contributing member of army.ca. Alas, this did not happen.
We do not take any pleasure in this, as different viewpoints discussed with respect, is what we believe makes this site so much better then most.
Bruce

Back