• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hi from a new site sponsor - www.7-62.com - What's a Brit doing here??

Baldricks-Bullet

Inactive
Reaction score
Oddly enough, I work for the Danes now (when not running my shop) and last Christmas, they sent me to Iraq. PANIC. I couldn't find my lucky charm that was given to me when I was in Belfast doing increadibly dumb things with bombs... A bullet with my name engraved on it! It's an old joke perhaps... but still a goodie "If you own the bullet with your name on it... you won't get hit by it will you!!!" I actually have to thank Baldrick (Blackadder) for that one. I found it and it went down a storm with everyone I met out in the desert. So, under threat of redundancy (I still am) I started the on-line shop www.7-62.com . It's been a hit with the Brits and their wives.

We take real NATO, Magnum and AK47 bullets, silver plate them, engrave them etc... and also do logo engraving on presentation items from Zippos to hip flasks to condom boxes. I'll be asking for some help at some stage to get your badges in my logo library... there are some copyright isses, but far fewer than most people imagine particularly when not doing mass production, most British regiments have been around longer than the statute... and I still find it ironic that the crown is not crown copyright as it is illegal to copyright combat identifiers (Major in the British Army). Feel free to mail any badges you want engraved.

But why here? Well as far as we know... we are the only ones engraving genuine bullets. I hope you will use this thread to report on delivery times and custom issues. In the US delivery has been 5-8 days and no custom tax at all. I've sold a few to Canada and have only had positive feedback. Neither have we heard of an airport problem yet... except for one security guard who wanted to know where he could get one!!!

I'll try to log in at least once a day, just as I do with the British Army Rumour Service. I guess Mike will put up my adverts soon.

Here I am: looking like an idiot.
CJKIraq.jpg

And this is what we do:
DSCN2474B.jpg
DSCN2497B.jpg
DSCN2498B.jpg

Oh and Hi to any of the Canadians I've worked with at Kinton, Shrivenham and NATO.

This is a neat idea - I will definatly have a look at your site.

Cheers Muffin,

Glad to hear it... I was a bit concerned that it could just be warped Brit humour  :mg::nana:

Bought mine about 8 months ago.  I'm afraid civies out here in the boonies just don't get it, a few raised eyebrows when I explain it.  O'course, the one you REALLY need to worry about has "to whom it may concern" on it  ;D .  Mine was here within a week, and looked stellar out of the box.  The only issue, and it's unavoidable, is the text size, and if you go the keychain route, it becomes vey hard to read after being in the pocket for a few weeks.  Overall, the WTF factor when you sit it on the bar is worth it.

Hi Kat,

Thanks for the post... we've been learning since we started. We enlarge the font for small names these days. You're dead right about keyrings, though. They take a bit of a bashing. I would actually recomend copper bullets for keyrings as we've learned to engrave deeply. Unfortunately, the silver plate won't take the same kind of pressure - it's fine for a necklace but avoid silver for the keyrings.

I wonder if maybe there was some kind of a clear acrylic dip you put on them to make them a bit more scuff resistant?  Mine is a copper jacket NATO 7.62, and I agree with the necklace thing, unfortunately there's no room on my neck with  a medic alert tag, St Barbara and St Christopher already in residence. The font on mine is very fine line.

Yes, we've looked at coating... but not yet found one that will keep the shine permanently and take all the hits. The ones we're selling are passified... which is a way of filling in the micro-pores so that it's less resistant to tarnishing. This allows them to be polished, which seems to keep the Guards happy!

I can see you must have been one of my first customers Kat... and we wern't as good back then as we are now... if you like, as a matter of good faith, pm your order number or a date when you got it to me and I'll send you another deeply engraved.

Best Regards,- Chris

Baldricks-Bullet said:
Yes, we've looked at coating... but not yet found one that will keep the shine permanently and take all the hits. The ones we're selling are passified... which is a way of filling in the micro-pores so that it's less resistant to tarnishing. This allows them to be polished, which seems to keep the Guards happy!

I can see you must have been one of my first customers Kat... and we wern't as good back then as we are now... if you like, as a matter of good faith, pm your order number or a date when you got it to me and I'll send you another deeply engraved.

Best Regards,- Chris

I appreciate the offer, but it's not necessary, it suffered at my hands, not yours  :D .  Besides, I can't find the relevant info anywhere, did a major purge of the stacked up mail on New Years Day, and it appears to be collateral damage!  Not to worry, still money well spent..... I know it's there, and that's good enough.

PS.  Carpe Kevlar, indeed  ;)

Any plans to go bigger? Say, a .50 cal or 20mm key fob/blackjack kind of thing?  >:D

Kat Stevens said:
Any plans to go bigger? Say, a .50 cal or 20mm key fob/blackjack kind of thing?   >:D
WOW!! You planning on hanging that one with your name on it around 9erD's ankle to keep her in?  >:D

If I was getting one for my ex, it would be make sure she didn't float to the surface, Vern.

Kat Stevens said:
If I was getting one for my ex, it would be make sure she didn't float to the surface, Vern.

;D ;D ;D  I have got some 0.5" and trust me... they're not small. I did one as a special for an Army Rumour Service ex-sniper - with regimental badge... the works. Problem is... they were pulled from live by a drunken Albanian welder - and have small nicks in the side where he used pincers. If you want one... contact me on the site e-mail... we can work something out.

Best Regards,- Chris

Good lord.

:rofl:

I think he was joking about the ex.

But I'm not so sure you're joking about the drunken Albanian welder. Hilarious.

Hi Baldricks:

These look really sharp, weel done and nice work. For my understanding are these live rounds (ie. is there a primer and powder still in them)?

I'd be intereseted in one of the .50 cal rounds, please drop me a PM (personal message) with what it take to get one over to Canada.

Hi Devlin... No these are just the bullets without cartridges... i.e. no cart, no propellant, no cap and no tracer... completely inert. We also only sell them coated, engraved and/or with base ring to complete the transfer from what customs call a weapon to what they call Jewellery.

I'll pm you now... best regards,-  Chris

Hurrah and Hussah Fusiliers...  My first Canadian badge... thanks.

DSCN3324.jpg

It's the photo that's crappy, not the engraving!

Best Regards,- Chris

Back