• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advertising???? (oh and hello from ARRSE - the British forum)

Baldricks-Bullet

Inactive
Reaction score
I registered on here because I was looking at advertising... clicked the link... and ended up in the gallery... But...

I thought I ought to say hi from THE ARMY RUMOUR SERVICE (ARRSE) first... the British equivalent to this site which I guess is slightly less PC than this site but also has a multinational forum and many US, CAN, AUS members. Someone just registered to call the site "French" - not sure what that means but perhaps he was one of yours - now the whole site is up in arms saying NO ITS NOT.  There are some good Afgahnistan Iraq threads but I bet you guys have as much if not more to donate than retreive. I'm a site sponsor of ARRSE, ex-Brit serviceman and recently the founder of a very weird on-line shop for soldiers with a black(adder) sense of humour. Have a look, maybe you want to make yourselves known - just don't go in the NAAFI bar if you've got a sensitive sense of humour.

Anyway... do you have advertising??? eh???  á la ARRSE. My buisness is engraving...  regimental badges etc... and bullets (odd but true... see my site to understand why.) It's been a hit with the Brits and I'm hoping to expand. I'll pop back to check this thread, messages etc... but if a MOD has an answer... I've entered my e-mail address in my profile.

Thanks for any help on this. Best Regards,- C

DSCN2474B.jpg
DSCN2497B.jpg
DSCN2498B.jpg

Baldricks-Bullet

Welcome to Army.ca and yes this site has advertising; please PM Mike Bobbitt who is the site owner.

Many of us here have registered or lurked at ARRSE but as to the "french" comment; I have no clue. I've lurked there myself and it's definitely British.  ;)

Vern

Cheers Librarian.... speedy or what? I have to wonder what time in the morning you log in.

Thanks for the info... I'll drop Mike a PM.

I'm a bit worried about the "it's definitely British comment"... hmmmm... you must mean... upstanding, forthright, bold and proud  ;) ??

Does this then mean that you won't get the joke about my site? I mean the Americans don't seem to understand that they're supposed to own the bullet with their name on so that it won't hit them, and always write something like "Death stalker" on it... and as for "Guaranteed to save your life or your money back"... it's way over their heads.

Cheers once again... and thanks for the nice welcome. ARRSErs can be pretty unforgiving to newcomers (if they use the word "Hello" or have an I am opinion)... are you all so nice over there? Is this the product of not having the Germans or Swiss yodlers camped on your doorstep?

By the British comment I mean it's definitely not a site out of say...France.  ;)

If you roam around here more often I'm sure you'd find that I am usually always here....I am an insomniac. You'd also find that we have Aussie, Brit, US and Canadians, amongst many others roaming us as well.

Do enjoy. And yes, I'd much rather have the bullet with my name on it attached to a chain slung fashionably around my neck.

Vern

Hi Librarian... are you still there?

Believe it or not... I just found the advertising page... and on Mike's OK will definitely join in. It's great to see that the cash goes on supporting the forum too... I'm a great fan of these forums and they way that soldiers finally get their word. ARRSE has even made full front page in national papers.

Anywaaaaay... just a quick question...  if I say Blackadder... does that mean anything to Canadians?

Sure does!

Love the idea of the bullet!

Now if you can make one of Bladricks special deserts.....make sure it is real raisons!

dileas

tess

No, I'll stick with the Tequila.

Tess, behave baby!!
(Edited to add: I'm saying this in my super-spy-Austin-mini-driving Powers voice).
;D

Back