• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Helmet Visor

FWIW Athena Roto 0-1-2 and probably more suggested the pintel mount for the rear of the LAV -- My guess it the sorta thing a Pl WO has to do -- then present it and say -- look at us we built this -- now build more.

I guess others where busy ignoring this idea by ensuring that the TacVest was worn by everyone  ;)

Infidel-6 said:
FWIW Athena Roto 0-1-2 and probably more suggested the pintel mount for the rear of the LAV -- My guess it the sorta thing a Pl WO has to do -- then present it and say -- look at us we built this -- now build more.

I guess others where busy ignoring this idea by ensuring that the TacVest was worn by everyone  ;)

haha +1

Now instead of TacVests it's "Make sure your boots are bloused during fire fights troops".

My only question is how do you shoot properly with the visor down.  It would seem that when you try to get a proper cheek wield on the stock the visor would get in the way.  Or am I missing something?

Les

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/6_1_1.asp?id=1891

well.... from my perspective, the darned things will get issued, troops will use em and, either discard them OR continue to use em......

Time will tell.

"less than 5 min" to attach is long enough to be inconvenient, and the swing up position is certainly not MNVG compatible.

TheHead said:
haha +1

Now instead of TacVests it's "Make sure your boots are bloused during fire fights troops".

This is no joke!
I was On a foot Patrol...When over the PR, one of the IC's told one of his guys to stop and Blouse his boots before going any further, this was in the middle of a Long range Patrol in a Fairly Populated Town, With roughly 15-20 taliban in our area from what we were told.  I couldnt belive what I heard, and that is another reason this army needs to get with the Times, and get rid of the dinasaurs!

*CDN*Blackhawk said:
This is no joke!
........................................... and that is another reason this army needs to get with the Times, and get rid of the dinasaurs!

I have to take exception to your statement and disagree strongly with your point of view.  The Army doesn't need to get rid of the dinosaurs.........It has to get rid of the anal rententive Idiots that it has managed to promote into leadership positions and who make comments like those you used as an example.  Many 'Dinosaurs' are quite adaptive and intuitive and have done variations on the themes you have yet to learn.  Many of them have adapted and continue to think outside of the box.  It is the Brown Nosing Snives who have been such a bane on the system, by rising several ranks above their abilities, that are the problem.  These idiots are a total waste of rations.  I have met many 'screamers' lately, who fit that category, and they are under 25 years of age.  ;D

So, if you would like to clarify your statement a little more..........feel free.

George -- we use the term Dinosaur, dont feel bad
- we only think your a caveman  ;D

your right george!, not all the old timers are Bad, infact their are some who are very good and have adapted, However A good number are still refusing to get with the times....And these are the "dinosaur's" i am talking about, Like you said The Anal retentive ones!!!

CdnBlackhawk -- roger that was the point I was trying to make

Simply due to time in does not make one a Dinosaur -- its the refusal to adapt to combat realities...

There are some young dinosaurs around too.
Fortunately the adaptive Caveman WO can slay the young Dino with his spear and the use of his most recent invention "fire"  ;)

Here is the reason on why we do the stupid things we do.

Backin 1919 a fellow by the name of McLennan got promoted.

You see there were these two guys one named McLennan and one named Maclennan.

Maclennan was a vet of the great war. A real sound guy with experience both in the trenches and in the rear. He knew how the system worked and what didn't work. A forward thinker by far he was in the midst of trying to change the military and its archaic  traditions. He knew the only way to survive in was to be adaptable.

McLennan on the other hand was a rat bastard brown nosing sniv. He followed the rules administratively and was a micromanager extraordinaire. His war service saw him go to England where he served his time in various HQ's blading and sucking his way through life .

One day  around the officers tent it was discussed that the troubles of the great war were not finished and the Army would need leaders, great leaders to shape the military for the future conflict to come. They sat around and pondered and prodded.

Maclennan
was the choice of men to promote he was a forward thinker with sound ideas and common sense.

The orders were drawn up, messages were typed and due to a clerical error McLennan was promoted.
First thing Mclennan did was Promote some of his rat bastard buddies and they in turn did the same. This carried on throughout the history of the CF.

Now remember to blouse you boots MR and wear your hockey mask!

mover1

I personally use that old VO5 commercial as an anecdote:  "......And I told two friends,and they told two friends,and they told two friends, and........." as to how we came to be the way we are.   

.....then again, who remembers that commercial.................or has even seen it?

Sometimes I hear the good old "we've always done it that way".. I love to ask the question "why?" and see what answers people can provide me.  Usually silences a crowd real quick.

We have a "back door" at the regiment.  No one is allowed to use it, no one knows why but if anyone sees you using it you get in trouble.  It is actually on the front of the building and opens up to the other regiments, saving time if you have to go to them or even to the shacks on base, but it will NOT be used.  Weird.

Here is a link to the video story on the ballistic visor it may help explain a bit more of what is intended for the equipment.

http://www.armee.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/6_1_1_1.asp?id=2039

Armynewsguy

What's the cutout in the nasal area for?? I mean the visor sits so far off the head that it doesn't need a slit for a nose. 

Ya Bzz that looked kinda weird. I thought the whole point was to completely cover the eyes and the noes? The nose slit looked kind of redundant...

Back