• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Headaches?

paulmaster1 said:
Bare with me as I'm going to try to explain this clearly. I had my testing, medical, and interview all in the same day at my local recruiting centre. I had woke up at 3 am , drove for 3.5 hours to get there in time for the morning testing. Then a few hours later I moved on to the medical section of the day and if I remember correctly one of the questions was, "do you get frequent headaches" so i answered yes. I do get headaches once or twice a month which is frequent to me. I then had a break which included lunch and a 2 hour wait to begin the second section of the medical. I was then handed a form that was a headache questionnaire. This is where I really messed up. I misunderstood one of the questions and said that I require bed rest and a quiet room. So not what I meant but that was the fatal shot to my application. I was super tired and was not paying attention to what I was reading. They sent me home with paperwork for extra testing and follow up. I then was sent for eye testing which reveled nothing, and then a meeting with my family doctor which also reveled nothing, and I explained what had happened and he agreed that i must have misunderstood. So he sent the paper work back and within a few weeks I received a letter stating that I'm unfit to join because of my headache issues. WHAT!!!!

CDN Aviator said:
FFS cant you read freakin english............

He's an applicant and they will not medicaly clear him for service in the CF.

GAP said:
Yeah, that's what I got out of it too....they keyed in on the headaches during the medical interview, then blew him off after he filled out the questionaire....

Roger so far.

paulmaster1 said:
So I sent a letter back explaining what I had done and that it was a mistake what I had answered. Two weeks later the same letter showed up saying they weren't going to medically release me.

He sent back a letter explaining his mistake and got another letter saying that they were NOT going to medically release him. (Nowhere in that statement did it say that they WERE NOT going to ACCEPT him.)

"Were going to medically release" is not the same as "weren't going to medically release".

If he made a typo, in his haste, he can resubmit his facts, and correct his errors, as he has already done, and resubmit another "grievance".  That is what others on this site have done, with some success. 

At the same time, he may have read the second letter wrong in his haste and had his additional info accepted by the CFRC. 

Either way, other than what he has already done, there isn't much more that can be given for advice besides to follow up at the CFRC.

George Wallace said:
(Nowhere in that statement did it say that they WERE NOT going to ACCEPT him.)

frig you are dense.............i can see the light bending from here.

A retarded monkey chained to an organ grinder would have known wht the kid was saying but in you come...........

Alright folks I will explain and hopefully clarify what I wrote, as what I wrote was not word for word what was said and I was trying to write this while at work. Both letters finished by saying because of your headaches, the CF does not find you to be fit for duty therefore your application to the CF is denied. I don't have the letter in front of me and this was not as recent as a few days. This all took place beginning in September and the letters were near Christmas of 2009. I feel that I have exhausted all options by calling my local CFRC, calling other CFRC's to see if it is something they have dealt with. I don't have a medical issue at all and like I said before it is a misunderstanding.

I'm sorry if my explanation isn't dead on perfect but I'm sure most of you understand what I'm trying to say. I'll continue to call the CFRC and try to keep this going but I was looking to see if there are other avenues to take other than the local CFRC.

Back