• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hard-pressed army forced to train with paintball guns

I've used MILES since way back when and Simunitions also. MILES gear comes in a much broader choice for different weapon systems and is about as grunt-proof nowadays as they can make it. Sims are good for certain training applications too. It depends on what you're doing and how many troops are involved. Even just using blanks alone is good for some battle drills.

The critical factors no matter what sort of training, in my opinion:

1) Realistic training to standard that has a clear task, mission and standard.
2) Observer/Controllers for externally evaluated training who are outside the unit command loop and bring a disinterested set of eyes to the event.
3) The same equipment that you would use in combat as close as you can replicate in a training environment.
4) A solid AAR to bring out weak points and areas to sustain.

Wookilar said:
MP101,

In short, NO!! I checked your profile, so I will go a little easy on you and be polite.

There is only one model of paintball marker that uses a magazine feed system. It sucks. I have used it. The milsim ones you are speaking about are all cosmetic. Just because it looks like a magazine, doesn't mean it is. At best, they are an expansion chamber to improve CO2 efficiency.

Accuracy: if you think a paintball is as accurate as a bullet, you are mistaken. They are not and the reasons are way too lengthy to post here. PM me if you want some more info.

And just a point: Let me know where you play, because if you've got markers running over 300 fps (the international safety limit, just to let you know) then my friends and I will stay away.

Oh, i heard that it is an accurate gun and is reliable, but i guess it is not. and i didnt really mean that is an accurate gun (at far ranges) and i also meant that you would use it at 400 fps on training purposes at a military base or military practicing. Since i do not paintball anymore, i am not 100% on all the newer products.

Back