• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

It also seems that the off duty IDF also mistakenly killed the armed civilian thinking he was a terrorist. Unfortunate.
Any off duty/out out of uniform/civilian carry needs to be cognitive that gunfights are messy - and a good guy can be easily shot from mistaken identity.

I’ve had a few close calls on both sides of the coin, and seen it occur with sims in training as well.

Yup. Pretty ballsy move given the carrier strike groups in the region. The ‘find out’ will come.
I don’t know the geography of the area but I wonder if His Majesty’s SAS might be called? Mere speculation on my part.

I don’t know the geography of the area but I wonder if His Majesty’s SAS might be called? Mere speculation on my part.

They'd likely prefer not to put boots on the ground just in case they wind up in Orange Jump suits on Tik Tok...

I assume there might be proxies, or even Saudi, assets in the area who might be able to help out.

You won't want SF on the ground without friendly support. Very tough terrain with groups that are generally hostile to strangers. The SAS have fair bit of experience in the area over the years.

You won't want SF on the ground without friendly support. Very tough terrain with groups that are generally hostile to strangers. The SAS have fair bit of experience in the area over the years.
Back in 1971 we were paired up with 14th Light Regiment, RA (a 105mm L5 regiment) in Wainwright. They were just back from Aden the year before and still hadn't quite got the combat mentality out of their system.

🍻

Back in 1971 we were paired up with 14th Light Regiment, RA (a 105mm L5 regiment) in Wainwright. They were just back from Aden the year before and still hadn't quite got the combat mentality out of their system.

🍻

Nov 1967 Brits withdraw from the Crater.
1 Para among the troops withdrawn.
Operation Banner in Northern Ireland launched 11 August 1969
1 Para deployed to Northern Ireland ca December 1969
Bloody Sunday 30 January 1972.

Crater drills in Derry.

🍻

Aden/ Oman vets I met, many of whom were Senior Officers and NCOs by the time I turned up, hinted about the savagery they encountered amongst the 'Adoo' et al during various operations in Southern Arabia in the 60s and 70s.

If nothing else, decades of hard, no quarters style fighting there did alot to help forge the British military into a lean and professional combined arms organization.

I still have a 'Sweatband, Rambo' that I was handed during my first kit issue... a legacy of those campaigns.

Things were intense there for everyone. One of the stories coming out of the 14th was at the next exercise in England just after coming back, one of the detachments was at the start of a battery ten rounds fire for effect. With the L5, the breach sits at the end of the carriage and when the gun fires it recoils several feet back into the open space behind somewhere between two to three feet off the ground depending on charge and elevation. A good crew can put out 9 -10 rounds per minute if everything is in sync which means the loading number comes forward immediately that the #2 fires the gun and rips the breach open.

Anyway, on the second or third round of ten the #2 didn't quite react fast enough when the #1 ordered fire and hesitated a second before firing. The loading number meanwhile had already started to step forward with the next round as soon as the # 1 had ordered "fire." He had already stepped into the recoil zone of the gun as it was fired. The recoiling breach caught him square across the legs just above the knees breaking them both instantly. Two guys in the detachment grabbed him by his webbing and threw him over the trail to get him out of the way and the crew carried on firing all ten rounds. No one went over to look after him until "rounds complete."

The 'mission first' focus hadn't left them yet.

🍻

They'd likely prefer not to put boots on the ground just in case they wind up in Orange Jump suits on Tik Tok...

I assume there might be proxies, or even Saudi, assets in the area who might be able to help out.
Pleeeze, first question from House of Saud "Whats in it for me ?"

Pleeeze, first question from House of Saud "Whats in it for me ?"
Interestingly enough this is the one area where the Venn Diagram’s intersect.

The HoS can’t get enough dead extremists, of course, they also don’t want any of that attributed to them, as they don’t want internal issues.

The House Saud are really brave when they have someone locked in the basement of one of their embassies.
In the field not so much or for that matter all that effective either.

Back