• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Guys, I really need some advice about joining. Badly.

I didn't use spell check because i don't need it. However I didn't know I was being graded in a free speech forum so cut me some slack.
Lastly, thankyou for the info. Not too excited to have to go through that stupid basic training again.

Stretch - You'll likely get "the message" from a mod sooner or later but I'll try to give you a heads up beforehand. There are many people on this forum with a wealth of information, most of whom seem quite happy to answer questions assuming they are presented in a polite, clear, and respectful fashion that respects the tone of the boards. The comment regarding your English skills was a (fair) jab at how you are presenting yourself.

Take the critique, learn from it, and adapt - you are not being "graded" but you are certainly leaving an impression.

i was not born in Canada and do to the war in my former nation i was left with out a birth certificate but i do have my canadian citizenship...would it be a big problem with i dont have my birth certificate or would i have to go back and get in from my place of birth? 

Boz519 said:
i was not born in Canada and do to the war in my former nation i was left with out a birth certificate but i do have my canadian citizenship...would it be a big problem with i dont have my birth certificate or would i have to go back and get in from my place of birth? 

Hey Boz,

they will need the Birth Certificate because its as good of proof of any when your date of birth and true citizenship is. For Canadian Immigration, for the Permanent Residency application, the Birth Certificate is required. Do you recall how you provided that information of the CIC? What country are your from, if you don't mind my asking?

Regards,

Mudshuvel
Mentor

Im from Bosnia( Former Yugoslavia),  i came here in 1995. i found my birth certificate and translated copy took a lot of digging but i found it. Thank you for the help

Hey Cog,

I am in the exact same boat (or LAV III ;D) as you!!

I'm also in my first year of university and I don't really know if its for me. I've always LOVED the Army and everything about it.

Anyways, good luck!

With respect,

Michael K.

ps. IF you ever read this you will probably be done university and either working as a P.Eng. somewhere or kicking down doors :threat:

any idea what trade is most likely to get in with only completion of high school as of now?

i really want to join, i have got in application forms before but there was no sound of it after that.

Need some suggestions from you guys.

thanks in advance

yujk008 said:
i really want to join, i have got in application forms before but there was no sound of it after that.

Perhaps because you lack direction, don't have a particular goal in mind as far as occupations, and are willing to accept anything - making you a less than competitive candidate?

The CF is not an employment agency or training institution.  If you aspire to be an infantry soldier, don't apply for Meteorological Technician.

Have you read the recruiting forums?

Thank you for replying Occam.

i recogn that i am loss

yes i have read the recruiting forums and have done alot of research since i was in high school (currently 19)

as I said, I've sent applications but no replies were maid

I aspire to be in the military, no matter the job type, just want to be a part of it

cypres78 said:
Apply for what you want to do or are interested in. The DND recruiting site has everything you need...you can filter by your education level and what trades are open.

Thank you for replying

i have done that and sent applications.

but my question is which is the post that is most likely to accept me for an test or interview.

cypres78 said:
Impossible to answer. It depends on your resume, marks, life and what trade you applied for. They want to know more then just "I have a high school education"

How long ago did you apply? Did you contact the recruiting office and ask? I wouldn't suggest putting in a second application because you haven't heard about the first.

those applications were about 2 years ago just when i turned 17, did not ask the recruiting office

wanted to try applying for the CF again before applying for college

cypres78 said:
Contact the recruiting office. You won't find your answer here.

Thank you for your help

I will go there in person as soon as i can

Hi.

If you go to forces.ca they show which trades are accepting applications and which trades are in high demand. Watch the videos and read the bios for each of these trades until you have narrowed it down to 3 or 4 then go speak to a recruiter. Sit down with them and discuss these options and reapply. Follow up is key, recruiters see alot of faces on a daily basis so if you don't follow up you may not hear back. Staying in touch with them also shows a level of drive and commitment they are looking for.

Good luck on your application!

divermc said:
Hi.

If you go to forces.ca they show which trades are accepting applications and which trades are in high demand. Watch the videos and read the bios for each of these trades until you have narrowed it down to 3 or 4 then go speak to a recruiter. Sit down with them and discuss these options and reapply. Follow up is key, recruiters see alot of faces on a daily basis so if you don't follow up you may not hear back. Staying in touch with them also shows a level of drive and commitment they are looking for.

Good luck on your application!

The website is misleading, you'd best go to a recruiting office and check with them, they have actual numbers on the openings and closures. The website told me they we're accepting application in ACS but when i got to the recruiting center they told me it was closed for 2011 and only 8 positions opened through out the AVN,AVS,ACS and AWS at the national level. I did get my call for AVS tho!!!

DogFighting101 said:
The website is misleading, you'd best go to a recruiting office and check with them, they have actual numbers on the openings and closures. The website told me they we're accepting application in ACS but when i got to the recruiting center they told me it was closed for 2011 and only 8 positions opened through out the AVN,AVS,ACS and AWS at the national level. I did get my call for AVS tho!!!

i thought so too

i went to the recruitment center
it appears that "no" positions are open until April
only fire fighter med. tech. and aviation structure tech are open with people with their diplomas

just came up to share the info

Personally my parents would not approve of me joining. I have 4 years of college under my belt and my degree is going nowhere and I am no longer interested in. While I have always been interested in special forces and the military. It's a big choice to make but once you are 18 it's all your decision. You can always switch to a more enjoyable degree program anyway too.

Sometimes you have to say to hell with the dissenting opinions and go straight for what you want or want to be.

petercushing said:
Personally my parents would not approve of me joining. I have 4 years of college under my belt and my degree is going nowhere and I am no longer interested in. While I have always been interested in special forces and the military. It's a big choice to make but once you are 18 it's all your decision. You can always switch to a more enjoyable degree program anyway too.

Sometimes you have to say to hell with the dissenting opinions and go straight for what you want or want to be.

Family is important as well. Don't Abandon your true family thinking you'll have a new one in the military. Joining is a huge decision to make for anyone, even without family pressure. But always take into consideration your actions. If you feel this is something you want to be a part of, explain to your parents why. Just saying "I'm 18 an I duu whut I waant" is highly inadvisible

Back