• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Guys, I really need some advice about joining. Badly.

Treemoss said:
Family is important as well. Don't Abandon your true family thinking you'll have a new one in the military. Joining is a huge decision to make for anyone, even without family pressure. But always take into consideration your actions. If you feel this is something you want to be a part of, explain to your parents why. Just saying "I'm 18 an I duu whut I waant" is highly inadvisible

Not saying you should be a spoiled brat or inconsiderate. But if you have helicopter parents or anyone holding you back from what you want to do in life and treating you like a child into adulthood then you definitely have to consider loosening the grip. Some people's parents can have an overall negative impact on their life. And how will you ever be independent if you always, always need your parents approval? Family can be a double-edged sword so to speak. I wouldn't personally want to disappoint my parents but you can't give up on your dreams because your parent's say no.

petercushing said:
Not saying you should be a spoiled brat or inconsiderate. But if you have helicopter parents or anyone holding you back from what you want to do in life and treating you like a child into adulthood then you definitely have to consider loosening the grip. Some people's parents can have an overall negative impact on their life. And how will you ever be independent if you always, always need your parents approval? Family can be a double-edged sword so to speak. I wouldn't personally want to disappoint my parents but you can't give up on your dreams because your parent's say no.

Haha no...no,  far from it actually. For the longest time my parents were extremely resist to the point of being kicked out of the house. I already knew what I had to do so I did it, and by then I was already living on my own with a meh job.... and it's pretty much no holds after that lol.

Back