• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Green Trades

stealthylizard

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
I thought this would be a good place to put this query, since those looking to OT might want to know what trades they may have a good chance at getting into, or which ones they probably won't be able to leave.  I have done a search, and wasn't able to find what I was looking for (still working on how to use words for a more refined search parameter).

Where does one find the list for green/red trades?  Seeing as how the infantry is overmanned, I am looking to get into something different, but I don't want to waste my time considering closed trades, and it isn't what I thought it would be.  I have less than one year left on my IE, and currently on tour if that helps at all.

Only thing I can think of it try to get an appointment to see a BPSO as they would be the source for OTs. And they would need your info ie CFAT scores, medical, etc to see what trades you qualify for.

This answer also goes for the other thread you posted in this forum asking the same question.
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/92251/post-912506;topicseen#new

If you go to this link on the DIN it will show you a list of all occupations.  It gives you the Out status and the In status.  Out status refers to whether you are allowed to move out of your current trade and In status refers to whether a trade is open to join.

This list is updated monthly.

http://esquimalt.mil.ca/badm/BPSO/Selection%20Services/Messages/Reassignment%20Feb%2010.htm

At your friendly neighbourhood recruiting centre. It changes weekly and the opening can change almost hourly sometimes so it is counter productive to post it on this forum.

CFR FCS

Sorry for the double post, internet isn't the best in Afghanistan, kept losing my connection.  Thank you for the replies.  Anything that I can access that doesn't require DIN?

What occupations in particular are you interested in? I know that the CE trades are ONLY taking OT's this year but only from Inf. Send me a PM if you want more details.

CFR FCS

Back