• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Global Warming/Climate Change Super Thread

You pay the $30 a month on the hydro bill with the $300 you were using for gas
Big problem with your line of thinking. Your firing off knee jerk instant answers. Without context or understanding.
It will be a F of alot more than $30 a month.

Tell me when do they plan to build an electric tractor? Electric dump truck? Electric snow ploughs?

Basically every EV fire makes the news but nobody cares about regular car fires, which are surprisingly common, so it skews perceptions.
Again, an instant answer for everything. When my mothers car erupted in flames, believe me it made the news.

So you can harvest your own gasoline or no? I just pointed out that there are many ways to get electricity, I don’t think that’s true for gas. Didn’t say a generator was a good way to do it or that anyone needs to do this.
There are engineers out there who have created fuel from nuts, old cooking oil, tallow and lard. Energy is energy.

In my opinion, EVs are a big nothing burger. They might be suitable for driving around downtown Clownville (Ottawa) or Toronto, but not suitable for real rural living. Or hauling. Or working.

I think one of the biggest problems is too many people have bought into the green lies, Below is a link to bright green lies, well worth the watch. I know Lierre Kieth personally (one of the authors)

IMO too Canadians buy into the propaganda of so called environmentalist (They are anything but), REAL environmentalist (like Allan Savory are totally ignored)

Big problem with your line of thinking. Your firing off knee jerk instant answers. Without context or understanding.
It will be a F of alot more than $30 a month.

Tell me when do they plan to build an electric tractor? Electric dump truck? Electric snow ploughs?
The more you drive the more you save vs gas. I can answer quickly because the same stupid FUD comes up all the time.

Attachments

• D67841F1-8BF2-47DD-9CB5-FCC72B237061.png
    D67841F1-8BF2-47DD-9CB5-FCC72B237061.png
    236 KB · Views: 5
  • 1340E28B-306D-4D6C-9ECF-95E3046D5D24.png
    1340E28B-306D-4D6C-9ECF-95E3046D5D24.png
    236.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 3A8EA473-EEF5-44BE-A197-6E484E6CD749.png
    3A8EA473-EEF5-44BE-A197-6E484E6CD749.png
    238.8 KB · Views: 5
Let me know how that balances out when your battery needs replacement in 5 years at $25K...

Let me know how that balances out when your battery needs replacement in 5 years at $25K...
It’s got an 8 year 160,000 km warranty. More FUD. You don’t know what you’re talking about.
Edit: also doesn’t cost 25k unless you need TikTok clicks.

Or someone has figured out how to remove cobalt from batteries. The same can’t be said for the catalytic converter. You’re really grasping at straws here.

We agree that alterative engines are the future, be it EVs or Hydrogen or some other method.

But you cant sit high on the hog about the positive effects of an EV without recognizing the major negative human, environmental and moral implication of the precious metal mining that takes place in their production. Nor the fact the mass amount of plastic used in vehicle fabrication is dependent on petroleum production.

Its much akin to the social justice warrior pontificating about the great injustices in their society from an electronic device; and while wearing clothing; and eating food that was probably manufactured or grown using slave labor in some far off land.

We agree that alterative engines are the future, be it EVs or Hydrogen or some other method.

But you cant sit high on the hog about the positive effects of an EV without recognizing the major negative human, environmental and moral implication of the precious metal mining that takes place in their production. Nor the fact the mass amount of plastic used in vehicle fabrication is dependent on petroleum production.

Its much akin to the social justice warrior pontificating about the great injustices in their society from an electronic device; and while wearing clothing; and eating food that was probably manufactured or grown using slave labor in some far off land.
Public transportation would be way better, but arguing that the status quo is OK is ridiculous

Maybe.

The fact remains, unless we get economies like China, USA, India and Russia to curtail their emissions anything we do in Canada will have no effect.

I think we should be embracing and incentivizing WFH as much as possible.
We can’t control Russia and China though, all we can do is ameliorate our part.

If this were to become the « normal state » I’d be ditching one of our cars sooner rather than later. The amount I save on gas alone is insane.

Absolutely. I think many would.

We can’t control Russia and China though, all we can do is ameliorate our part.

You're kidding ? ;)

I know, I get it. Our efforts have negligible effects in the grand scheme of things. We're a minnow.

Has anyone checked the price of an EV lately?

Fu*k. That.

When you factor in you're not paying for gas, and very little maintenance it equals out, depending on what you buy.

The caveat is you have to drive enough to save the gas money.

Back