• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

glases in the army

• Thread starter rookie in training
  • Start date
Originally posted by Franko:
[qb] Well guys if that were true then how can a gunner with glasses hop into a leo turret and adjust the sight for his perscription? It‘s an optical sight....

As for theifs..guys in the ‘borne in the late ‘80s caught one. They bent a coat hanger into a design, heated it with a torch and branded him"theif".

Unfortunatly...can‘t get away with that anymore

‘Nuff said

LEXI...when are you going to apply and what trade?

Cheers

:salute: [/qb]
Well, frankly, I have no idea. I‘m only a little kiddo right now so I might just change my mind. If I could I‘d go infantry, but if that wasn‘t an option, I‘d go engineer or armoured. That‘s if my parents would ever let me do so.... but when I‘m old enough I‘ll just say, "It‘s my life," and walk out. :D

Oh yeah, one more thing.
Optical sights, or scopes in my lingo... well they‘re almost like binoculars, correct? Well, I have glasses. And when I take off my glasses and look into binoculars, I can see clearly.
And I‘m close to blind, lol.
(Edited because I cannot spell.)

simce the army asks for close shaves if u cut your face or leave a nik will your commanding officers give u ****

since the army asks for close shaves if u cut your face or leave a nik will your commanding officers give u ****

Any reason in particular as to why you posted that twice? :p

Darn sticky computer buttons, I suppose.

I‘ve gotta say, the funniest thing I ever saw when on an aircrew surivial ex as an Air Cadet were the junior cadets bringing their contacts, and having them freeze in the saline overnight.

I‘d recommend glasses, but that‘s just my personal opinion. No basis for it.

-R.

I wish i diddn‘t need glasses, bent my glasses again :-( and they wernt my field glasses either, forgot them at home.

I remember there are these really cool glasses that like you can bend and then they‘ll go right back into place again, so you can deform the arms and frame in any way and then just watch it slowly twist back into shape.

Would those glasses be allowed in the CF?

I don‘t see why they would not be allowed...as long as the glasses don‘t look really insane or flashy I‘m sure they would be allowed.

I think there is some type of lens that is not allowed tho...polarized? Or something? Because they turn black if exposed to infer red light? I don‘t remember exactly, but I recall readings something about it.

Binoculars can be focused, so you can adjust the focus to match your prescription when you are lookng through them. The C79 Optical sight cannot, so if you look through it things will still be blurry.

ROOKIE IN TRAINING...since the army asks for close shaves if u cut your face or leave a nik will your commanding officers give u ****

NO...If he does he‘s a dink and you can bring up harassment charges, or wait until you see him on civie street on a dark night.... :D

Regards

Lexi...lots of tankers wear glasses.By the way.. Why walk when you can ride into battle?

46 tons of steel and sex appeal...

I know lots of females in the corps right now that do just as good as the males.

Hope that sways your choice of trades :D

:tank:

Regards

Contacts vs. Glasses: GLASSES!

Reason being is that when in the field there is dust, dirt, cordite, tear gas, the list goes on and on and on. In garrison when doing vehicle maintance I have got fuel, oil, hydrolic oil etc...splashed in my face and if I were wearing contacts that crap could of gotten under the lense and done some serious damage.

As for the cost. Depending on your vision category, I‘m V2 so the army will pay for one pair of clear and one pair of sunglasses every two years. When going on tour you will get two pairs of clear and one sunglasses. This issue is over and above your two pair every two years. Contacts (I think) are paid for by the member, correct me if I‘m wrong anyone.

As for the sights. Binos and optical sights (in tanks and other armoured vehs) can be used without your glasses cause the sights can be adjusted to fit your perscription. The C-7 sight, well, your SOL. I know that I have to insure my wpn is properly zeroed or else I‘m way off the target.

I hope that I cleared somethings up and hopefully stirred the pot a bit.

Originally posted by Franko:
[qb] Lexi...lots of tankers wear glasses.By the way.. Why walk when you can ride into battle?

46 tons of steel and sex appeal...

I know lots of females in the corps right now that do just as good as the males.

Hope that sways your choice of trades :D

:tank:

Regards [/qb]
Aah, I‘m sure it will. Military runs in my veins, whether I like it or not. It‘ll always be there, and even if I don‘t join up right when I get out of highschool, I‘ll always look out for opportunities. If I don‘t, I‘ll just chill out here with you guys who are absolutely awsome and inspiring. :D

Originally posted by Gibson:
[qb] Binoculars can be focused, so you can adjust the focus to match your prescription when you are lookng through them. The C79 Optical sight cannot, so if you look through it things will still be blurry. [/qb]
Righty then - lesson learned! Oooh yeah, one more question: are orthodontic equipment, such as braces, retainers or otherwise allowed in the forces? Just a question, because I‘m going to be stuck with twizted metal in my mouth for quite the while...

I have a question. This summer Im heading to basic, my eye sight is pretty much perfect(I forget my actual perscription) but by law I have to wear glasses while driving, will I have to wear glasses in the army? Or do I have to wait until my physical to find that out?

Im thinking about getting those monthly contacts anyways, they might help me on the range a bit.

Back