• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FWSAR (CC130H, Buffalo, C27J, V22): Status & Possibilities

It's already American as Heck...

https://en.Wikipedia.org/wiki/Vought_OS2U_Kingfisher

Just curious about what happens with the six CC-115 Buffalo once the new aircraft takes over: do they get re-rolled or declared surplus?

Retired AF Guy said:
Just curious about what happens with the six CC-115 Buffalo once the new aircraft takes over: do they get re-rolled or declared surplus?
Not re-roled. I believe they are being sold or destroyed. Will definitely leave the CF inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are being sent to CAF Museums.  Borden, Comox, Trenton are on the list so far.

daftandbarmy said:
Not really... our C6s and Carl Gs must be over 40 years old :)

Current Small Arms - C7,C9 and C6 date from about 1987.
Carl G has been around since early 70s but that’s just a guess

Hamish Seggie said:

Hamish Seggie said:

Now that I've derailed this thread.... :)

Baden Guy said:
Just about the end of aircraft I worked on going to a museum.
Feeling old yet?  ;)

About 10 years ago, I was in Les Invalides in Paris and they had a M101 Howitizer (C1 in Canadian service) on display. As there were no ropes or security cameras, proceeded to see if I remembered my training from 20 years previous and removed the breach, disassembled the firing lock. Then at my wife’s frantic begging, I put it all back.  So I have indeed seen equipment I have trained on in a museum. Sadly a slightly evolved version of this same gun is still in service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamish Seggie said:

When I was a lieutenant liaison officer in HQ 4CIBG in 1965-66, I staffed the plan for the introduction of the Carl G.

Old Sweat said:
When I was a lieutenant liaison officer in HQ 4CIBG in 1965-66, I staffed the plan for the introduction of the Carl G.

Wow!  :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Old Sweat said:

One of the best weapon system we ever bought, it has certainly earned it's keep!!!

Back