• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FWSAR (CC130H, Buffalo, C27J, V22): Status & Possibilities

Dimsum said:
Still wish that Planey McPlaneFace was on there.  The real choices are Canso II, Guardian, Iris, Kingfisher and Turnstone.

http://rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/en/cc-295-name.page?fbclid=IwAR0QtfrUiV6JlxgwCnssjdFfU4pXe4qMpuD3eSOlpHKCNI4KJ8CuvY3kBSo

That’s why you only go to the Internet with multiple choice- never fill in the blanks. :)

[quote author=RCAFCommander]The RCAF Commander will have the final say
[/quote]

Chicken.

FWIW I voted “Guardian”.

I had to sound out each name and see how it would sound doing a traffic advisory.

“Straits traffic, Snake 502, military Guardian aircraft,1,000 ft, 3 miles south of Hornby Island, southbound.”

Try that sentence with any of the proposed names and decide for yourself.

Ditch said:
FWIW I voted “Guardian”.

I had to sound out each name and see how it would sound doing a traffic advisory.

“Straits traffic, Snake 502, military Guardian aircraft,1,000 ft, 3 miles south of Hornby Island, southbound.”

Try that sentence with any of the proposed names and decide for yourself.

So “Straights Traffic, Snake 502, a military CASA 295, .......” is out? ;)

Ditch said:
FWIW I voted “Guardian”.

Since a few manufacturers have used "Guardian" as a designation for variants of their a/c, would there not be confusion.  Maybe Viking will claim trademark infringement on their "Guardian 400" Twotter.

I like "Iris", but then I once dated a woman named Iris and her skills were amazing.  She could raise me from the dead.

The choice is obvious.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Retired AF Guy said:
Voted for Kingfisher - beautiful bird.

We also have a thing in Canada for usually naming things after animals when we name equipment our selves

MilEME09 said:
We also have a thing in Canada for usually naming things after animals when we name equipment our selves

True, the CH-147F was named after a salmon....

/jk  ;D

MilEME09 said:

Argus, Aurora, Hercules, Globemaster, Cyclone....

We named three of those. 
Globemaster and Hercules was American names

But we did name things Bison, Cougar, Grizzly, Lynx, Huskie, Buffalo, Badger, Beaver, Fox, Ram, Coyote, Otter, Bobcat and Kangaroo.

Back