• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FWSAR (CC130H, Buffalo, C27J, V22): Status & Possibilities

My chance to see it. First video is a month old.

Tour the new CC-295 Kingfisher Fixed Wing Search and Rescue aircraft of the Royal Canadian Air Force

This video is 2 years old.

Exclusive visit of the new C295 FWSAR for Canada

My chance to see it. First video is a month old.

Tour the new CC-295 Kingfisher Fixed Wing Search and Rescue aircraft of the Royal Canadian Air Force

This video is 2 years old.

Exclusive visit of the new C295 FWSAR for Canada

Looking at the first video, I was surprised how cramped the load-out was, particularly with the racks. Not a lot of spare room.

Of course, there wasn't a lot of space in the Buffs either; I was most familiar with them configured as a transport (Middle East and when they were on the Ottawa-DC/Andrews run), however I did do some aeromedevacs with them. Easy enough to configure for stretcher when all you had to do was fold up troop seats or shift some of the SAR gear about (that was a bit more difficult), but my recollection of the SAR Buffs was more like this:

1693757655278.png
(The interior of a CC-115 Buffalo – taken in November 2011. Photo: CF Photo Unit)

Though it seems that "racks" were later installed.

1693758839766.png

Comox: WestJet 737 makes accidental contact with a SAR CC130H.

Apparently it's a BC thing now, aircraft colliding with other, parked aircraft:

Over/Under on this thing being actually certified for SAR use?

I'm betting it's going to end up like a piece of exercise equipment, treadmill or bike, people buy and end up hanging clothes on.

Looks like the radar return or the FLIR image of the land is incorporated into the HUD. That seems handy.

View attachment 80203
It’s an Enhanced Vision System (EVS) imagery that the Collins Pro Line Fusion avionics system provides with an enhanced 3-D image integrating weather radar and 3D terrain data. It’s primarily synthetic in its generation, augmented with geospatial rectified radar-based imagery (not as high resolution as SAR/ISAR).

It’s an Enhanced Vision System (EVS) imagery that the Collins Pro Line Fusion avionics system provides with an enhanced 3-D image integrating weather radar and 3D terrain data. It’s primarily synthetic in its generation, augmented with geospatial rectified radar-based imagery (not as high resolution as SAR/ISAR).
Yeah, what he said…

Is this technology on any other Rcaf aircraft?

Is this technology on any other Rcaf aircraft?
The Collin Pro Line Fusion, I believe ‘not yet.’ MAISR was spec’d to be equipped with Pro Line Fusion as well, but yet to hit the line.

If only we had...... Portugal signed on with Embraer and bought the 390 in 2019. The a/c was part of an exercise in the Canary Islands showing 4 years from purchase date to operational. So how are we doing with the 295?
The Portuguese Air Force has unveiled its KC-390 transport aircraft in an international debut, demonstrating its capabilities during a force projection mission.

The Portuguese Air Force conducted its first-ever force projection using the Embraer KC-390 transport aircraft on 22 October 2023. The feat occurred as the KC-390 transported military personnel and cargo to the Canary Islands, Spain, in support of the multinational Spanish-led exercise Ocean Sky 2023. This exercise marks the participation of Portuguese F-16s in multinational drills.

Back