• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Certain (not all) convoy groups were committed to the overthrow of the government of Canada. That's kind of a big thing.

Reactions: McG
Much of life resembles thermodynamics; advising people to "go elsewhere" is worthless.

There is a game. You can't win, you can't break even, you can't quit the game.

Much of what is modern finances is such a game.

TBH, citizens of Ottawa have suffered from eroding trust in OPS for years. Provincial legislation permitting officers to quit the day before an adverse finding / punishment in disciplinary matters make it worse; but with police credibly accused of taking bribes, assault, sexual assault, planting weapon, theft of cash from investigation scenes...
To be clear for those who might not understand the nuance, dodging Code of Conduct disciplinary findings by resigning does not absolve them from any criminal charges. Protracted proceedings under the Police Services Act has been an issue across board for quite a few years, and members who might not have complete confidence in their innocence will want to maximize their pension contributions. When the severest penalty under the PSA is termination, trying to maintain jurisdiction of someone who is not longer an employee seems rather pointless.

Remius may have said it best,

There are upwards of 250 lawful demonstrations a year in Ottawa. Why does breaking up an unlawful one translate into Ottawa not being accessible to all? Because one side that purports to be about law and order can’t fathom that maybe their side didn’t actually follow law and order?

I'm sorry Brihard but you're going to have a tough time convincing me that single mom's who happened to donate $50.00 to the convoy protest from a Facebook advert are worthy of drawing gun fire from FINTRAC

Hope everything turned out ok for her.

To be fair, I used to get called form various MP offices when someone complained to them about our regulatory process. Normally the complaint left out many of the details and then they would back off. So for a MP to say "I will fight for this person" is a promise made on what they heard. Once they get the full picture they either drop it or try to find a way to resolve it.

Certain (not all) convoy groups were committed to the overthrow of the government of Canada. That's kind of a big thing.
Prove it. Big inflammatory statements, with not a whole lot of substance behind them.

The fact that the Freedom Convoy illicited more of a heavy handed response than the 2020 Rail and Pipeline blockade shows what a gongshow this Country has become.

Remius may have said it best,

Hope everything turned out ok for her.

If you read what I wrote above, you would know that my spouse works in the Financial Industry. She dealt with a number of cases like the one in the article above. You won't hear it disclosed because it's all confidential but these cases definitely exist.

Lets not forget that even some of the information was obtained illegally after hackers gained access to databases in the United States and publicly shared peoples donation information, a crime in and of itself.

There in is the problem. The majority of people did not and still do not know about the agreement for the protesters. Nor do they know that when one agreement was reached council wanted it changed. The Police seemed to have a good time in the beginning. Many enjoying the peaceful protest often seeing being delivered coffee and food. When the influence of certain politicians and media spoke up things went from annoying to panic and then fear.
Rumors of firearms being carried by the Truckers, was false, rumor of the protest blocking the bridges proved to be false ( many residents acknowledge that the Police themselves were blocking the bridges and not allowing citizens through) rumors of a fire being started in a apartment lobby by the protesters again false ( started by some local thugs), rumors that a food bank/ soup kitchen was attacked along with the security guard there,. Funny how they have video of some much else but not of these incidents, has yet to be proven, but wow did these incidents get spread pretty quick.
I did watch videos where the local Police shut down local businesses who were open during the protests. I did read where the majority of the funding raised was from foreign influences, again proven false. I did read the reports where crime was significantly down in the downtown core area of the city during the protest. I also read where the protest was actually packing up the day before the EMA was enacted, even the Police at multiple levels stated numerous times that they did not need, require or ask for the EMA to be enacted. Against what the Feds stated. But dont let facts get in the way.
the Inquiry into the EMA has been very interesting. Pretty much they over reached their authority to enact the EMA, then kept over stretching it when they seized funds of citizens and kept it going. Even the RCMP have said they did not ask for the act to be done. As for the actual truth. Trudeau and his supporters got scared, because the blue collar part of society got mad from coast to coast. Raised more money in two weeks and then a second time in another two weeks then the liberals or ndp can for their entire campaign.

It scared them because these are not regular protesters, these are the working force of the economy, who for the most part pay the bills. Even Hutterites, Quebecers, East Coast, Central, Western Canada, Sikhs, Mennonites etc came together. We have not seen this on this scale in my life time.
No one in power publicly asked why or was willing to talk to them. Go figure, instead trudeau left the area and hid. Hoping they would just go away.
Rumours turning out to be false; now my world makes no sense.

I am aware of reported conversations between OPS personnel and persons representing the convoy. Perhaps it my interpretation but it strikes me they were discussing accommodations for vehicle staging, temporary parking and shuttling between there and the Parliament Hill area, not a protracted, on-street encampment. Most police services in the past few years have expended considerable effort to be proactive with protesters and other civil unrest event organizers. It is not always successful. One problem has been the level of training available to the 'contact members' and how they manage the flow of information. In a couple of instances I am aware of, the members had to be reminded who they worked for.

I do find fault with individual police service members posing for selfies and other such things with the protestors. There is a way to maintain a professional relationship without betraying your role.

I'm agnostic whether the EM declaration was needed, but we will see what the findings say. Clearly, if the OPS had not allowed the protest/convoy to become entrenched, the issue would have been moot.

I was always curious about the truckers' complaints that the vaccine mandates prevented them from crossing the borders when, for most of the period, they could not have entered the US unvaccinated anyway.

Prove it? Read their manifesto.
I could also write a manifesto and publish it today. That doesn't mean it's reflective of 99% of the protesters that were there.

I wouldn't even be surprised if you told me the security & intelligence services wrote up a manifesto and published it themselves as part of a PSYOP campaign.

We are talking about the Federal Government here, they pull all sorts of dirty tricks 😄:

While we are on the topic of the RCMP, they literally disbanded the RCMP Security Service and held a Royal Commission due to rampant criminality:

The vast majority of Police Officers are good people hired to do the traditional job of law enforcement but you would be incredibly naive to think the Feds don't have their own small group of hired scoundrels and scumbags, buried in a basement somewhere, whose sole purpose is to do the dirty laundry.

Last edited:
I could also write a manifesto and publish it today. That doesn't mean it's reflective of 99% of the protesters that were there.

I wouldn't even be surprised if you told me the security & intelligence services wrote up a manifesto and published it themselves as part of a PSYOP campaign.

We are talking about the Federal Government here, they pull all sorts of dirty tricks 😄:
[....]
Seriously? Where do you think TUPOC, the Queen of Canada and these other clowns have in mind?

When they talk about sovereign citizens, or wants the GG to remove the elected representatives from power and replace them with a 'people's council' that's all directed at an overthrow of the government. They also aren't talking just Trudeau, they wanted to relieve the entire HoC, so was weird to see PP and others with them.

The weird thing is a lot of these clowns are talking about American laws, like they somehow apply in Canada.

The judge at the Tamara Lich bail hearing (or maybe Pat King?) agreeing with them that they believed in the First Amendment, and that Manitoba was in fact a province was both funny and sad. The frustration is real everywhere, but the lack of basic civics understanding was a bit shocking.

Back to the banks role. It was the banks that had the EMA stopped. Trudeau had a tap on the shoulder. He was told to stop it. My bank contacts told me they were seeing billions in outflows. They got very scared. People going to cash and companies and others moving money out of the country. They had never seen anything like. To this day money is outflowing to other places. Decades of banking trust evaporated in days. The freezing and monitoring of accounts was the single biggest dumb move ever. And it will be the least reported and examined. The banks had to step in and stop Trudeau.

I'm sorry Brihard but you're going to have a tough time convincing me that single mom's who happened to donate $50.00 to the convoy protest from a Facebook advert are worthy of drawing gun fire from FINTRAC

As predicted, Government's are now misusing legislation and policies originally conceived during the 9/11 + Early GWoT era.
That’s fine; I’m not trying to convince you, nor am I convinced myself. I also already caveated this kind of over breadth of the measures in one of my replies earlier today, when I was also saying that I don’t yet feel that I know enough to make up my mind on the approach more generally.

Seriously? Where do you think TUPOC, the Queen of Canada and these other clowns have in mind?

When they talk about sovereign citizens, or wants the GG to remove the elected representatives from power and replace them with a 'people's council' that's all directed at an overthrow of the government. They also aren't talking just Trudeau, they wanted to relieve the entire HoC, so was weird to see PP and others with them.

The weird thing is a lot of these clowns are talking about American laws, like they somehow apply in Canada.

The judge at the Tamara Lich bail hearing (or maybe Pat King?) agreeing with them that they believed in the First Amendment, and that Manitoba was in fact a province was both funny and sad. The frustration is real everywhere, but the lack of basic civics understanding was a bit shocking.
So you're saying what I said isn't true: the Government isn't guilty of ever pulling dirty tricks.

Mark Norman thanks you for your support 😄.
Back to the banks role. It was the banks that had the EMA stopped. Trudeau had a tap on the shoulder. He was told to stop it. My bank contacts told me they were seeing billions in outflows. They got very scared. People going to cash and companies and others moving money out of the country. They had never seen anything like. To this day money is outflowing to other places. Decades of banking trust evaporated in days. The freezing and monitoring of accounts was the single biggest dumb move ever. And it will be the least reported and examined. The banks had to step in and stop Trudeau.

(y)

Finally someone understands the gravity of the damage done.

So you're saying what I said isn't true: the Government isn't guilty of ever pulling dirty tricks.

Mark Norman thanks you for your support 😄.

(y)

False equivalence; just because they did Adm Norman dirty, doesn't mean people in the Freedom Convoy weren't openly calling for the elected GoC to be overthrown and replaced with self selected council.

I'll even use the Toronto Sun as a ref for a bit of balance, but heard this ass clowns myself when I went down there myself;

Convoy plans to replace Canada's elected government the stuff of fantasy

Do we know if all the account shave been unlocked for are some still locked up?
That is a good question for the PM and the RCMP Commissioners themselves to answer. There was talk back in June that some bank accounts related to business were still seized and in review it may take upwards of a year to resolve.

False equivalence; just because they did Adm Norman dirty, doesn't mean people in the Freedom Convoy weren't openly calling for the elected GoC to be overthrown and replaced with self selected council.

I'll even use the Toronto Sun as a ref for a bit of balance, but heard this ass clowns myself when I went down there myself;

Convoy plans to replace Canada's elected government the stuff of fantasy
That small group of people were trying to use the Governor General to use a piece of legislation to Dissolve the government and have them replaced. By what they deemed a good responsible interim government, that happened to be themselves. The joke is the GG only has that Authority to do something that drastic in a emergency, there are many checks and balances before such a process could be enacted. Kind of like the EMA has checks and balances before it can be enacted oh wait never mind,

Dude, do you know who makes the cool aid that you drink? Between narratives of Ukraine is also bad and the federal government false-flagged the convoy, you might be taking in a bit too much TikTok.

Back