• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Depends if he is publicly identifiable as a CAF member. Since the QORs do state we can not express political opinions, or criticize the GoC.
How would your home make you publicly identifiable as a CAF member? Are there house sized dog tags I can strategically leave hanging out like a recruit out on the town in St. Jean?

Some reports that GM will have to shut down if the blockades are not lifted by the weekend.
WAP (windsor) is closed, CAMI (GM Ingersoll) is down. Oshawa Assembly will be down soon, Honda and Toyota so maybe tomorrow or Friday. Ford Oakville will be soon but I don't have timing yet. GM Powertrain St.Catherines sometime next week. Transmission first as CAMI will not require. Gen V engines I will know tomorrow.

Service Parts operations (Ford and GM these are the only ones I have visiblilty on) were having supply chain logistics before all this. It just getting worse. Hundreds of trailers of parts in Windsor parked.

Sounds like other members of the CAF didn't like it and reported him.

Is this story making the rounds solely as scuttlebutt or has it reached the media - main stream, social, or gossipnet? Not knowing any secret squirrel handshakes, I can only speculate that drawing attention to oneself is frowned upon by those in that line of work. Putting a big fecking banner on one's house does draw attention and sure to piss off colleagues who toe the line.

WAP (windsor) is closed, CAMI (GM Ingersoll) is down. Oshawa Assembly will be down soon, Honda and Toyota so maybe tomorrow or Friday. Ford Oakville will be soon but I don't have timing yet. GM Powertrain St.Catherines sometime next week. Transmission first as CAMI will not require. Gen V engines I will know tomorrow.

Service Parts operations (Ford and GM these are the only ones I have visiblilty on) were having supply chain logistics before all this. It just getting worse. Hundreds of trailers of parts in Windsor parked.
Yea but those damn corporations.....at least it won't effect normal working people. Because this is all about them, right??

Is this story making the rounds solely as scuttlebutt or has it reached the media - main stream, social, or gossipnet? Not knowing any secret squirrel handshakes, I can only speculate that drawing attention to oneself is frowned upon by those in that line of work. Putting a big fecking banner on one's house does draw attention and sure to piss off colleagues who toe the line.
It's currently in the Ottawa Citizen.

One wonders, when the dust settles, if some industries might re-think their just-in-time business model and go back to actually have warehouses. Just-in-time has essentially foisted their supply management onto the highway system.

There was also an article a day or so ago about some companies not being happy seeing their logos on trucks in the protest (one was actually a company truck taken to the protest by an employee without permission). If you have long term contracts with fleet operators or owner-operators, it's not unusual for the tractors to bear your name. There might be some re-thinking of that too.

Same as McG post #1817 below. So,I removed mine.

It's currently in the Ottawa Citizen.

Mad Max Reaction GIF

Its the truckers who are not vaccinated saying F8(k u to those truckers who are vaccinated.
Plus, being Windsor (and having lived the first 23yrs of my life there), I'm sure that there are a few Marxist Leninist party members out there protesting. The ML's are still a fringe party out there and still create mischief from time to time.

adds distance and time but the crossing at Niagara, Fort Erie and Sarnia are wide open for business. Why pray tell bunch up at Windsor. They could also load the trailers onto a train and cross that way. It is not an insurmountable barrier

Back