• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Looks like these guys are going to rely on their pseudo-legal theories to stay at the church. Good luck! :ROFLMAO:

They’re promising to initiate a private prosecution tomorrow, which should be hilarious. No indication of which criminal offences they allege or who the purported accused are.

The PM has his own personal sniper?
As opposed to the duty sniper from the GD sniper pool?

Circling back 'round to everyone's fave emergency act declaration, here's your chance to speak your piece to power (what'll happen to your piece, well, YMMV I suspect) ...
Link to the questions you can answer & where to send your response
Archived link to the questions here as well - write soon, write often!

Although this story is from 2013, it definitely rhymes with the situation at St. Brigid’s. A tenant stiffs the landlord and claims the rented townhouse is an “embassy”. Surprise surprise, the tenant is a “Freeman-on-the-Land/Sovereign Citizen” and uses legal fiction to delay his eviction.

I am guessing Ontario commercial tenancy legislation is less forgiving than Alberta residential tenancy legislation.

Interesting to see what happens next; Landlord turns off electricity/water/etc?
I watched the whole interview with that lady.

By the end of it, my thoughts are that there are very troubled people in that organisation. And that they are definitely not what they are trying to portray themselves as.

I watched the whole interview with that lady.

By the end of it, my thoughts are that there are very troubled people in that organisation. And that they are definitely not what they are trying to portray themselves as.
Yep. See above. My guess is they fell for “sovereign citizen” pseudo-legal theories and they will find out the hard way that the courts have no patience for it. In the meantime, the landlord, bailiffs, police officers, and other officials involved will probably become the targets of the group’s paper terrorism.

Although this story is from 2013, it definitely rhymes with the situation at St. Brigid’s. A tenant stiffs the landlord and claims the rented townhouse is an “embassy”. Surprise surprise, the tenant is a “Freeman-on-the-Land/Sovereign Citizen” and uses legal fiction to delay his eviction.

I am guessing Ontario commercial tenancy legislation is less forgiving than Alberta residential tenancy legislation.
Commercial tenancy is quite unforgiving. They should be out pretty soon.

I think it's pretty hilarious their acronym is TUPOC (The United People of Canada), and also that while the reporter was there talking to them, a bylaw officer ticketed the TUPOC spokesperson's car for exceeding the 1 hour parking limit (after a blanket warning the day before). Seems like someone also tried to break into the separate rectory, so police are investigating that.

Some genius also decided to start doing unauthorized construction on the church, which is a registered heritage building; those fines can be huge.

What a bunch of idiots; they almost need a running montage of Balcony Ricky.

It's disappointing that police a Crown services are often quick to write off incidents like this as civil matters. Lease or no, a decent investigation and bold Crown should be able to support a criminal charge; 'theft by conversion' for changing the locks and denying her right of entry as a landlord, for a start.

If you have the time (it's rather long) and interest, the 'Meads' decision out of Alberta is an interesting and oft-citing ruling on the arguments and tactics employed by so-called 'sovereign citizens'.

It's disappointing that police a Crown services are often quick to write off incidents like this as civil matters. Lease or no, a decent investigation and bold Crown should be able to support a criminal charge; 'theft by conversion' for changing the locks and denying her right of entry as a landlord, for a start.

If you have the time (it's rather long) and interest, the 'Meads' decision out of Alberta is an interesting and oft-citing ruling on the arguments and tactics employed by so-called 'sovereign citizens'.
I remember mentioning that case in a Facebook argument with someone who was trying to say that an article of the Magna Carta that was repealed in 1225 said that he didn't have to wear a mask.

Regarding TUPOC's occupation, this is not a good image for Ottawa Police.

1661362915852.png

Regarding TUPOC's occupation, this is not a good image for Ottawa Police.

View attachment 72731
Is there a difference between that symbol and the ''OK'' sign?

Contrary to the adage, this still picture doesn't say all that much...

Seems to me the gullible individuals ''raising concerns'' were just successfully trolled by 4chan users. Those individuals being associated with the media and deep state by their political opponents, the latter may have taken up the gesture in some contexts as a symbol of opposition.

Back