• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

I was thinking the same but there

Thinking so. Wondering who it is and if it's a standard practice or something brought out for the protests.
On our ERT Uniforms we only had our CallSign not name or badge#
A means of identification, but keeping PERSEC when dealing with folks one would prefer didn’t know our names.

Appreciate that thank you. I wonder if there's ever been talk for police to adopt a type of blue force tracker system.
Many (or most?) large police services' vehicles are GPS-tracked and there is work to get that down to the individual portable radio level, but it's expensive. There are differences depending on how the portable talks to the network, and challenges when a lot of radios are packed into a small area.

Many (or most?) large police services' vehicles are GPS-tracked and there is work to get that down to the individual portable radio level, but it's expensive. There are differences depending on how the portable talks to the network, and challenges when a lot of radios are packed into a small area.
Not a large portion of us outside certain areas.

And tracking the units versus the member is a totally different ball game.

The ability to direct people to positions on the fly from tablets etc.

Track individual members in foot pursuits- containment….SAR.

The GPS units in some of the PCs is one thing. Dropping mission packets and having individuals and tasking is a different beast.

While it sounds similar- especially the GPS integration on portables, a true tracker being trialed can also be used by each individual officer to see themselves in relation not just a dispatch centre.

Running a call with IR video dumping to my tablet from a helicopter, and a tracker with the ability to direct individuals by the meter- giving them routes etc is more than just GPS tracking.

We re trying to sort the logistics.
🤷‍♀️

The University of Calgary Faculty of Law on the "Freedom Convoy" class-action lawsuit.

Rigs in a Parlour: The Freedom Convoy and the Law of Private Nuisance​

Ontario Superior Court of Justice
Li v Barber et al, Court File No CV-22-00088514-00CP

• Love it!
Reactions: AKa
It won’t be tracking of individual radios, but rather a blue force tracker on every officer’s work cellphone. It already exists and is fielded by some services. Pretty sweet tech, and fantastic for critical incident perimeter and containment on the fly.

It won’t be tracking of individual radios, but rather a blue force tracker on every officer’s work cellphone. It already exists and is fielded by some services. Pretty sweet tech, and fantastic for critical incident perimeter and containment on the fly.
The new systems being purchased radio-wise are all GPS capable- some it’s a matter of infrastructure. Others it’s software or something- that’s not something I have even passing understanding of really. “Works here” vs “doesn’t work here” being the extent of it.

That capability seems comparable- but in my experience getting any reliable data off that system in any useable form isn’t. It’s either not sensitive enough- so radius is nonsense or it doesn’t work at all. I believe that’s how Lenaitch is looking at it- purely from that GPS function. Which tracking units and placing them on a map is indeed a tracker of a sort- ops wise it’s pretty archaic.

The individual device system is easier and more intuitive and reliable 🤷‍♀️ The errors being the cops using them in most cases.

There are some challenges- like organizing intelligent groups that’s are useful, and getting people used to the features, or unsurprisingly, expectations of charging and carrying the platform.

The individual system also helped me collect a guy who stayed an hour in a ditch after everyone else cleared…sooooooo

The new systems being purchased radio-wise are all GPS capable- some it’s a matter of infrastructure. Others it’s software or something- that’s not something I have even passing understanding of really. “Works here” vs “doesn’t work here” being the extent of it.

That capability seems comparable- but in my experience getting any reliable data off that system in any useable form isn’t. It’s either not sensitive enough- so radius is nonsense or it doesn’t work at all. I believe that’s how Lenaitch is looking at it- purely from that GPS function. Which tracking units and placing them on a map is indeed a tracker of a sort- ops wise it’s pretty archaic.

The individual device system is easier and more intuitive and reliable 🤷‍♀️ The errors being the cops using them in most cases.

There are some challenges- like organizing intelligent groups that’s are useful, and getting people used to the features, or unsurprisingly, expectations of charging and carrying the platform.
I forgot about the issued cel-phones. For scenarios like Ottawa, the challenge is the numbers in a fairly compact area and the resulting data impact on the network. The advantage is the extent of the network coverage in an urban setting.

A purge led by our National, tax payer financed broadcaster.
How is this purge being "led" by the CBC?

Seems to me they are playing catch-up to the Toronto Star who started their coverage of the story back on 22 Feb.

Back then, the CBC's first coverage (a day later) appeared to only be reporting OPP and TPS confirmation that they are investigating the reports of police officers donations.

How is this purge being "led" by the CBC?

Seems to me they are playing catch-up to the Toronto Star who started their coverage of the story back on 22 Feb.

Back then, the CBC's first coverage (a day later) appeared to only be reporting OPP and TPS confirmation that they are investigating the reports of police officers donations.
Because nobody outside of Toronto reads the Red Star.

Back