• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

This one gives some details about Coutts. I don’t know the author or what “The Line” is as far as reporting is concerned but she seemed to give a decent account. It seems to come to the same conclusion about faith being a driver.

What media do you listen to? Jen Gerson and Matt Gurney are legit correspondents. Jenn is not as regular on CBC and she once was and Matt is a columnist for the NP, and a regular guest on TVO's The Agenda and CBC Radio. The Line is a compellation from both Jenn and Matt and I find it a "Just the Facts Ma'am" reporting.

What media do you listen to? Jen Gerson and Matt Gurney are legit correspondents. Jenn is not as regular on CBC and she once was and Matt is a columnist for the NP, and a regular guest on TVO's The Agenda and CBC Radio. The Line is a compellation from both Jenn and Matt and I find it a "Just the Facts Ma'am" reporting.
Like I said. I didn’t know her or the Line. I do know Matt Gurney. This was sent to me by a friend who is subscribed to that sub stack.

I wasn’t saying that to imply she wasn’t legit. I was just pointing out a caveat given several members’ innate distrust of anything media and my not looking too far into her or the Line. That was it.

I thought the article was very good and informative which is why I thought sharing it was appropriate Despite me not really knowing the source.

Last edited:

>Peter MacKay and Vern White: What's happening in Ottawa is not freedom, it’s anarchy​

Not really "anarchy". Given the history of inconsistent responses to similar protests in Canada, a more appropriate word is "anarcho-tyranny" (selective application of the law), vs "rule of law" which requires consistent application of the law.

and with them ...

If the goal of the Freedom Convoy was to capture the attention of millions of people in Canada and around the globe – mission accomplished.

If, however, the goal was to build support for their demands to end pandemic-related restrictions – it has backfired utterly.

New public opinion data from the non-profit Angus Reid Institute shows after more than two weeks of unrest, Canadians are now more likely to oppose measures sought by protesters.

Overall, more than two-in-five now say Canadians say the protests have made them more inclined to support ongoing restrictions related to masking indoors (44%) and vaccination requirements to cross the Canada-U.S. border (44%).

As the country rolls into another week of uncertainty, nearly three-quarters of Canadians (72%) say the time has come for protesters to “go home, they have made their point.”
😐

It says at the end of the first paragraph "criminal organization". It mentions it again the second paragraph. What exactly does this mean? Are the arressted people an actual organized gang of criminals?
Guessing only, but could have ties to other groups?

(72%) say the time has come for protesters to “go home, they have made their point.”

The government only just started freezing citizen bank accounts without a warrant.

Going home now would mean people miss out on an opportunity to see how far the government is willing to go.

What I always find funny about these 'Extremist' types is they carried all this weaponry, including plate carriers, modified magazines, etc. By all accounts they were ready to send it and came prepared to square up.....

Then when SHTF, they thankfully go down without a fight and still end up in prison. It makes me wonder? If you're going to go to all this trouble to seriously break the law, why go down without even a whimper?

It's like they all thought this was a game until they realized this isn't Call of Duty and there is no such thing as a respawn.
Honestly I think part of it is the copy cat mentality -- there have been a bunch of "open carry" marches and protests down here. People seem to believe that bringing weapons makes them more credible.

Caveat, I carry a gun everywhere I go, so color me a hypocrite, but I'm doing it legally, and not out brandishing things -- I will simply avoid events that I think would be a bad place to be armed as an individual...

Generally I don't get the view that bringing a weapon makes one credible. This goes double for illegal weapons, or legal weapon at a location unlawfully, If anything it diminishes the credibility of the message - and makes one look like an extremist from the fringe. Also having folks with non lawfully brought weapons to event like these further hurt the message that some in the more moderate side are trying to get out. It just hurts credibility period.

My personal opinion is one should never bring a weapon overtly as an individual unless one is planning on using it - because everyone who sees you is probably going to be thinking that's what your planning already...

Honestly I think part of it is the copy cat mentality -- there have been a bunch of "open carry" marches and protests down here. People seem to believe that bringing weapons makes them more credible.

Caveat, I carry a gun everywhere I go, so color me a hypocrite, but I'm doing it legally, and not out brandishing things -- I will simply avoid events that I think would be a bad place to be armed as an individual...
And the weapon you carry is legal, that's the big difference. Having a bunch of guns at a entry of sovereign border that you've decided to blockade? Well that's an entirely different story.

That sounds a lot like the Fenians or the Hunters Lodge to me.

Back