• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Former Soldier Acquitted of Sex Assault on Teen

rcac_011 said:
It would be really interesting to see exactly what he was involved in overseas.

I wonder about this myself. IIRC, the description given in the paper was a bit suspect. This reminds me of an individual from the Army of the West who was involved in a highy publicized case a few years ago, in which he claimed PTSD for his actions in Canada. He blamed the PTSD on incidents in Croatia (during my tour there)that most definitely did not happen, but apparently neither the defense nor the military were aware of this nor wanted to bring it up, perhaps for fear of seeming to question or insult those who actually had suffered.

People who falsify PTSD or exploit it as a "get out of jail card" are insulting those solders who actually do suffer this condition.

Cheers

pbi said:
This reminds me of an individual from the Army of the West who was involved in a highy publicized case a few years ago, in which he claimed PTSD for his actions in Canada. He blamed the PTSD on incidents in Croatia (during my tour there)that most definitely did not happen, but apparently neither the defense nor the military were aware of this nor wanted to bring it up, perhaps for fear of seeming to question or insult those who actually had suffered.

People who falsify PTSD or exploit it as a "get out of jail card" are insulting those solders who actually do suffer this condition.

The infamous Christian MacEachern fiasco...

I still want to puke over that one.

pbi said:

This is exactly my point!  It also creates negative stereotypes of soldiers actually suffering from PTSD - just like after that crazy guy shot those women back when (cant remember the date, think it was in parliament?).  That became the sterotype for what happens to a soldier.  Im going to be awful pissed at the first person I meet who claims PTSD leads to pedophile activities...

ex 22 in Quebec city.

Has anyone found out what he has PTSD from?
Theres people with this from seeing a vehicle roll over, and my favorite of all

"I didn't adjust well coming home"

Now I think everyone is a little weary to walk on the grass (Bosnia) when they come home,but unless you were involved in some serious stuff...bull****.

So does this set us all up for a fall?When some pedophile comes home from overseas he has a freebie?His lawyer quoting this court case as a example.

Makes me sooooo angry (One minute in a dark room)

gotta love Canada's justice system..I hate how some people in Canada are found guilty of murder and serve a BS sentence of 10-12 years

Chaz said:
gotta love Canada's justice system..I hate how some people in Canada are found guilty of murder and serve a BS sentence of 10-12 years
Yah I agree, or that B**** Homolka who was out in 12 fo rrape, torture and murder. The thing with the Canadian Justice system is that all people who go to jail, only serve 2/3rds of their sentance. Its actually in the criminal code that, thats all they have to serve.

Centurian1985 said:
This is exactly my point!  It also creates negative stereotypes of soldiers actually suffering from PTSD - just like after that crazy guy shot those women back when (cant remember the date, think it was in parliament?).  That became the sterotype for what happens to a soldier.  Im going to be awful pissed at the first person I meet who claims PTSD leads to pedophile activities...

ex 22 in Quebec city.

If you guys are talking about Marc Lepine who murdered the 14 women at Ecole Polytechnique, he was not an "ex 22". In fact, AFAIK he was never a member of the CF at all, but was rejected at the CFRC. This may have contributed to his anger and frustration, but it had nothing to do with PTSD that is suffered by soldiers, firefighters, police officers and paramedics all across Canada. He was just a useless sicko.

If, on the other hand, you are talking about  Denis Lortie who  shot up the Quebec National Assembly, he wasn't a combat soldier either. IIRC he was a supply tech, possibly Air Force. The Master at Arms of the QNA, who was largely credited with defusing the situation, was a former R22er. Nothing to do wiith PTSD there either, AFAIK.

Cheers

Cheers

pbi said:
If you guys are talking about Marc Lepine who murdered the 14 women at Ecole Polytechnique, he was not an "ex 22". In fact, AFAIK he was never a member of the CF at all, but was rejected at the CFRC. This may have contributed to his anger and frustration, but it had nothing to do with PTSD that is suffered by soldiers, firefighters, police officers and paramedics all across Canada. He was just a useless sicko.

If, on the other hand, you are talking about  Denis Lortie who  shot up the Quebec National Assembly, he wasn't a combat soldier either. IIRC he was a supply tech, possibly Air Force. The Master at Arms of the QNA, who was largely credited with defusing the situation, was a former R22er. Nothing to do wiith PTSD there either, AFAIK.
IIRC, (and I seldom do) right on both counts

pbi said:

Actually was thinking of both incidents but did not have any current info on either incident.  Thanks for clarifying as I and everyone I ever discussed this with (other service members) had all thought that both were former R22er's. 

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/mass/marc_lepine/index.html
The information on this link confirms what you said - Lepine was not ever a CF member, and Lortie was described as a 'former soldier'. 

Yep, and what about the pedophile Luc X, that a judge Lise Coté in Quebec
from the appeal court, reduced the term in jail, because the dear
daddy ONLY sodomized his little 2 years old, without any physical violence?!?

(reduced from 15 to 9)

By the way, there is a (french) petition to get judge Coté out of the bench...

http://www.mesopinions.com/Destituons-la-Juge-C%F4te-de-la-Cour-d-appel-du-Quebec-petition-petitions-2f733acaa8a2f6321c3e5b262cbfcf72.html<

Édit for spelling, sight

Correct me if I am wrong....but is not Judge Cote the one who dropped charges against 2 Haitian "Landed-Immigrants" who had participated in a gang-rape in Montreal ......because it was considered "usual" in their home society?

SB

10 years ago in Bosnia was a cake walk.
If he received PTSD 10 years ago in Bosnia (I was there at the time), he's weak and needs to put down like a dog

Airborne

ReadyandWilling said:
Yah I agree, or that B**** Homolka who was out in 12 fo rrape, torture and murder. The thing with the Canadian Justice system is that all people who go to jail, only serve 2/3rds of their sentance. Its actually in the criminal code that, thats all they have to serve.

I would defer to a JAG on this but I'm not sure that this is exactly right. I'm not fan of this justice system don't get me wrong but this is the way I understand the system.

Life is life....the judge can say a) no possibility of parole b) parole in 25 years c) another set timing.
The Parole board makes the decision whether the person is fit to return to society. At 25 years if he's been a continuing problem in prison etc he will have to continue to serve his life sentence.
A person may be deemed a dangerous offender and thus never ever let out...Olsen, Bernardo etc fall into this category I think.

2/3rds mandotory release is only if they keep their nose clean and they still must face a parole board. Case here in NS of a guy who is suspected in a murder last week...He was  convicted drug dealer...served his full 40 months...got out and murdered a guy. He served full time cause he told the Board he would be back 40 times worse...a reference to his full sentence.

All of this stuff is about a liberal philosophy that says people should be "corrected" or "rehabilitated" rather than punished. That's why they renamed the system a number of years ago "Corrections Canada." It's all the same kind of goobledegook we get from social engineers about not spanking our kids etc.

The system is still bogus in my opinion...this faint hope thing at 25 years is supposed to give them incentive to turn their lives around and be good while in prison.

The new Government has promised stiffer sentences especially for gun crimes...let's hope they deliver.

This is one Padre who believes there is a special place in Hades for people like Olsen, Bernardo and others of his ilk.....and it's a very painful place. >:D

Yrys said:
Yep, and what about the pedophile Luc X, that a judge Lise Coté in Quebec
from the appeal court, reduced the term in jail, because the dear
daddy ONLY sodomized his little 2 years old, without any physical violence?!?

(reduced from 15 to 9)

By the way, there is a (french) petition to get judge Coté out of the bench...

http://www.mesopinions.com/Destituons-la-Juge-C%F4te-de-la-Cour-d-appel-du-Quebec-petition-petitions-2f733acaa8a2f6321c3e5b262cbfcf72.html<

Édit for spelling, sight
Whatttttttt...that is physical and sexual and psychological abuse...
Dear lord.

HL

http://www.npb-cnlc.gc.ca/whatsn/myths053001_e.htm#mythten

This is the Govt. "spin" website so take it with all the other "truths" like budget surplus's and such...... ::)

Bruce Monkhouse said:
http://www.npb-cnlc.gc.ca/whatsn/myths053001_e.htm#mythten
This is the Govt. "spin" website so take it with all the other "truths" like budget surplus's and such...... ::)

Im glad to hear you say it because I dont believe a lot of the stated 'realities' are realities, especially #15 about patronage appointments.  ::)

Centurian1985 said:
Actually was thinking of both incidents but did not have any current info on either incident.  Thanks for clarifying as I and everyone I ever discussed this with (other service members) had all thought that both were former R22er's. 

http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/mass/marc_lepine/index.html
The information on this link confirms what you said - Lepine was not ever a CF member, and Lortie was described as a 'former soldier'. 

Lortie was a Sup Tech, working at Carp at the time.  I believe it was this employment which explained his access to arms (he had the keys to the wpns vault).

One of the sickest crimes in the state of Western Australia happened yesterday. In fact, the whole country is in shock over this one.

An 8 yr old girl was raped and murdered in the toilet of a busy shopping centre. She was found by her 14 yr old brother.

The scumbag offender was caught (he actually hung around for an hour or so watching what was going on), in his 20's and had previously been convicted of raping another 8yr old girl, but was let off on a technicality. I cannot even begin to comprehend the trauma this girl's family is going through.

Now a child is dead, because of some loop hole in a seriously limp wristed legal system.

Thats justice in the modern western society we live in. Too many do-gooders and PCness, who wish not to offend. What a joke!

It blows, doesn't it.

For those that wanna know more about this sick crime, try www.news.com.au or google the subject matter

Totally disgusted,

Wes

Just appalling Wes...

Where will it all end.
I still believe in old fashioned, look after your own, justice.

HL

Hot Lips said:
I still believe in old fashioned, look after your own, justice.

HL

I think you speak for the majority of normal people, including myself.

Regards,

Wes

Back