• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Former Soldier Acquitted of Sex Assault on Teen

Bruce - 100% concurrence. The problem for me is that I find myself not getting upset anymore. I use to get on some damned good rants back in the day against tons of cases, but now, I'm just used to it. Apathy? Acceptance? I dunno, troubles me that my blood pressure doesn't get too high anymore... oh well.

I also agree with you Bruce, my dad is a memeber of the RCMP, and we see this kinda stuff all the time. My dad, IMO, has PTSD, but he still doesnt rape little girls.

I love the timeline here, 12 years and his PTSD has manifested itself now in this way? Yeah, the drugs, alcohol, and intervening years were just problematic antecedents to his condition... riiiight.

Unfortunately these are all the signs of PTSD the abuse of of drugs and Alcohol to self medicate.  The actual traumatic incident is not the cause of PTSD, just the catalyst.  Iit is the way a person is treated and followed up with afterwards that causes the disorder to manifest itself and become worse.

However, it is this type of scum, that acts in a heinous way, then uses it as a get out of jail card.  Fine, treatment, and send him to a mental institution for further treatment for his pedophilia.

It is why some of us have such a hard time, his situation burns me up in more ways than most can imagine..

dileas

tess

To all you good folks that bear the hidden scars of being in some rough places: sorry for any public misperceptions that will be created by this POS' "not me, my PTSD" defence. I know some who struggle may harm themselves and cause pain to those around them at times as we all can. Also know that most of you would be the first ones to defend against an assault. The guy's a pedophile, period. Too bad PTSD and former soldier is even a consideration.

I agree with most of above and add this...if he's sick then he should be in an institution where he can get help. We used to put people who were as sick as this guy in places where they couldn't hurt other people...they were called asylums. Anyone who uses the defence that they are mentally not competant should be locked up for the protection of us all....your choice Jail or Asylum.
My heart goes out to the little girl and her family.

"Unfortunately these are all the signs of PTSD the abuse of of drugs and Alcohol to self medicate.  The actual traumatic incident is not the cause of PTSD, just the catalyst.  Iit is the way a person is treated and followed up with afterwards that causes the disorder to manifest itself and become worse."

- Actually, it is the lack of psych testing that allows deficient personalities into the military that allows this.

- Did the crown call any of his section mates to call him a flake?  No?  Sheer incompetence.

- Actually, it is the lack of psych testing that allows deficient personalities into the military that allows this.

These types of characters, not those that suffer PTSD.

I agree with your comment, However, He may be suffering from PTSD, but that does not leave out that he suffers other deep rooted maladies that he is blaming PTSD as the true base of his problem.

dileas

tess

And it does not relieve him of being responsible for his own actions. We live in a world where no one is responsible for themselves anymore. They try to blame things on a bad childhood or an unloving parent. a traumatic incident in their lives etc. As a chaplain I've heard many excuses for why people do the things they do...in the end I urge people to take responsibility for their own lives...if they've done wrong to be a moral person and take responsibility...if they are mentally ill to take steps to seek professional treatment.
This "devil made me do it" defence should always be a non-starter..I don't except it from CF pers who try to trivialize their part in wrong doing and neither should the court(s).

I'm not a shrink and don't pretend to know all about this stuff, but, IMHO he was obviously predisposed to pedophilia. PTSD was just a convenient excuse to put his fantasies to practice. Let's not lose sight of the major and compelling offence in this case. One can only hope that the poor child involved doesn't end up with her own case of PTSD because of this. No matter the reason, I still loath these guys and it disgusts me that we allow them to continue to prey on children. Failing long one way rides on dark nights, they should be rendered canotonic and locked away for good.

Quagmire said:
I don't think anyone here said he still isn't responsible for his actions.

I didn't say anyone here did. But the court did...that's what I'm commenting on. I'm commenting on the people who have tried that tact with me when they are in deep KA KA.

How did I miss this thread...anyway, as far as I am aware and I did study psychology, abnormal psychology and psychiatric nursing I do not recall PTSD causing a response like this individuals.  Not sure why he would be acquitted unless he was temporarily insane or psychotic...but that wouldn't most likely be the PTSD...there very much could be an underlying co-morbid diagnosis...which means mental illnesses quite often present with two diagnosis...like substance abuse...alcoholism and nicotine addiction are quite often found together.

Nothing is impossible, but hey never the less something was taken from a little girl and will never be the same...that in itself is enough grounds for punishment IMO...whether you were aware of it or not.

Why don't these POS ever come after someone there own size  ;) :threat:

HL

I've got a fix for him -- a Black and Decker cordless drill

One has to wonder where judges live. They seem to have no difficulty at all in putting all manner of scum back on the street and they don't seem all that concerned about it. I guess when they are sitting on committees to determine their own high salaries (to ensure judicial independence) they just make sure they can afford nice high-end neighbourhoods (preferably gated). Not-responsible due to PTSD is one of those ground breaking defences that we will now watch others use to get away with heinous crimes. Remember when the non-responsible due to being pissed out of my tree when I raped and killed defence was first used? Its just mind boggling that anyone can come up with a successful excuse for sexually assaulting children and that a judge would buy it. Rack up a win for the sick bas*ard Preadators who use children as their playthings. :rage: Funny how driving a car through a military building didn't stand up to the not-responsible to PTSD defence but preying on kids apparently will. That's some twisted priorities: in the future protect buildings, not children.

Oh, but all is not lost, this "innocent victim of PTSD" will have to spend a little bit of time in a psych facility to determine if he needs further treatment. I'll wager he will be free to troll the playgrounds inside of a month!

rogsco said:
One has to wonder where judges live. They seem to have no difficulty at all in putting all manner of scum back on the street and they don't seem all that concerned about it. I guess when they are sitting on committees to determine their own high salaries (to ensure judicial independence) they just make sure they can afford nice high-end neighbourhoods (preferably gated). Not-responsible due to PTSD is one of those ground breaking defences that we will now watch others use to get away with heinous crimes. Remember when the non-responsible due to being pissed out of my tree when I raped and killed defence was first used? Its just mind boggling that anyone can come up with a successful excuse for sexually assaulting children and that a judge would buy it. Rack up a win for the sick bas*ard Preadators who use children as their playthings. :rage: Funny how driving a car through a military building didn't stand up to the not-responsible to PTSD defence but preying on kids apparently will. That's some twisted priorities: in the future protect buildings, not children.

Oh, but all is not lost, this "innocent victim of PTSD" will have to spend a little bit of time in a psych facility to determine if he needs further treatment. I'll wager he will be free to troll the playgrounds inside of a month!
You are so right rogsco...he most likely will.
When I was a resident of NB a man had shot his wife...he received less jail time than a man who had shot a moose out of season, and the man who shot the moose lost most things, like his vehicle and rifle and the lot...the man who shot his wife lost nothing.
Makes you wonder.  My heart goes out to that poor dear child...we really are letting our children down as a society if these types of allowances prevail.

HL

Hot Lips said:
You are so right rogsco...he most likely will.
When I was a resident of NB a man had shot his wife...he received less jail time than a man who had shot a moose out of season, and the man who shot the moose lost most things, like his vehicle and rifle and the lot...the man who shot his wife lost nothing.
Makes you wonder.  My heart goes out to that poor dear child...we really are letting our children down as a society if these types of allowances prevail.

HL

+1 to all that.
I shook my head at that case down here of the poor guy who literally got his brains beaten out by a mob led by two women. At the trial the lawyers were arguing that one of the women was a single mom so shouldn't have to go to prison. The judge found a pair and sentenced her to prison but I don't think she served very much time. Meanwhile the poor victim has brain damage and phobias such that he lost his business and his social life......Is there justice anymore?

Centurian1985 said:
   Claiming PTSD induced a pedophile reaction?  What bullshit.

Shaking head in DISGUST!

Don't worry all, he'll re-offend sooner or later, and his judgement day will come. I do like the pick axe handle though.

Yet again another classic example of Canada's legal system, there has not been a justice system for a very long time.

SOF, give your head a shake, what do you hear? Nothing right.

Wes

It would be really interesting to see exactly what he was involved in overseas.I truly believe those who have "been in the ****" and have problems deserve compensation etc.But those who get piles of tax free every month due to them hearing an AK firing from 10km away (you know who you are) should be shot.
No doubt this guy is one of them.
Another black eye for the army,child rape,a murder of wife all in one year.
scumbags.

Back