• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fitness Test

F

funza_web

Hi all,

I‘m looking for a copy of the beep/bleep audio sequence used in conjuction with the ‘Shuttle Run‘ exercise.
Would anyone know where I can get a copy - I‘d prefer a download?

Thanks in advance.
Coop :)

I would think that your PERI staff should have a copy sitting around somewhere for you. Either that, the community college in your area should have some with their physical trainers in their gyms.

-the patriot- :cdn:

hahaha.. not quite. It gets harder the higher you go. I believe the requirement for a young male is level 6... There‘s also a grip test, situps, and push ups when you do it in the CF.

What do you guys think is the most important exercise:
1. how fast you can run a mile
2. how many sit-ups you can do
3. chin-ups
4. sit ups
or 5. a combination of all

uhm.. did you perchance mean pushups instead of situps for one of ‘em?

and why wouldn‘t they all be important.. I mean what‘s the use of a soldier who can run a mile faster than anyone else, but has trouble climbing over a small obstacle.. and vice versa..

7. Not falling on your *** after a 2km ruck back to the bus....or crying

The top MIR Commando on our course (or biggest s,hitpump) actually did the best on the run....he got 11.5 or something.

so whats the exact score you have to pass on the beep test/all the other tests to pass the PT evaluation for the CF?

The fitness standard for the CF Express Test is 19 pushups (in one minute) , 19 situps (in one minute), handgrip test and a cardio test which consists of a beep test. As for the standards on the beep test, you have to keep up with the pace of the tape. The PERI/Personal Trainer will monitor your heart rate before and after the test. My recommendation is that you train yourself to exceed the guidelines. The better shape that you‘re in during the recruiting process, the easier it will be for you to cope with the physical and mental demands you will face during your Basic Training and Trade Course qualification.

Theres no time limit on the pushups....
oh, and foor the cf express test, they also *recomend* 6 chin ups... work on that too (and surpas it).

Thanks for the clarification there. Happy Thanksgiving!

ahhh touche.

ps. we are only referring (in these jokes) to the 2/3 course. It is my understanding that anyother course ie ql4 recce is very demanding both physically and mentally. For those young guns out there reading us make fun of the course dont get discouraged. ALSO training back in your home unit is the real deal and not some course anymore and the stress load goes up ten fold. I hear 20 km ruckpatrols in my dense vegitation here in vancity are not uncommon BUT totally unheard on course.

Hello,

This is just to anybody who is interested in the beep test, sorry to bump this thread way up to the top again.

I have a download of the beep test, it‘s in .wav format tho, but if you know how to turn it into .mp3 or if theres another way to give it to you, I‘d be happy to help.

It‘s the 20-stage Leger test, which as far as I know is the standard ‘beep test‘.

Edit: Rugby Beep Test Page is a good informational site on this test.

The CF Express test is graduated by gender and age:

For example, I am a 31 years old male. I require stage 6 to pass on the shuttle run and 8.5 to exempt. 19 push ups consecutively, and 19 sit ups in one minute. To pass I would also require a combined score of 75 on the grip test. To exempt, I would need a score of 162 adding push ups, sit ups, and grip test and an exempt run.

Back