• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fitness for Operational Requirements of CAF Employment ( FORCE )

PMedMoe said:
Why not just use these again?

3360815182_97ae130ed3.jpg

With Velcro, of course....

;D

Hi-vis and subdued versions?

I thought the beep test was retired from CFLRS and they used the sandbag relay now?
My package from recruiting says
Sandbag Drag
20m Rushes
And Shuttle run

I take it the sandbag relay is too easy?

20m rushes is not the 20m shuttle. They are a sprint, with a drop to your stomach every 10m. There's YouTube video out there of the FORCE test.

PuckChaser said:
20m rushes is not the 20m shuttle. They are a sprint, with a drop to your stomach every 10m. There's YouTube video out there of the FORCE test.

I know. The 20m rushes and the shuttle test are on my sheet from Vancouver recruiting center Hodor.

FORCE 
https://www.cfmws.com/en/AboutUs/PSP/DFIT/Fitness/FORCEprogram/Pages/default.aspx

AllSmiles said:
I know. The 20m rushes and the shuttle test are on my sheet from Vancouver recruiting center Hodor.

If you know, then why are you here asking questions?  ^-^

The shuttle test is the "intermittent loaded shuttles" or WTF the technical name is.  5 x with a sandbag (walking), 5 x without a sandbag (can run if you wish), total 10 shuttles.  You switch each time, 1 with, then 1 without.  It is possible to walk the entire portion of the test, and not worry about running out of time.

Videos are available on the link above MarioMike nicely put up there for you...

FWIW, the list provided to you didn't say "beep test", did it?  :subbies:

AllSmiles said:

You're going to have a great career, I can tell already. Good luck with the attitude, I'm sure it'll be worked out of you on DP1, if you make it that far.

AllSmiles said:
I thought the beep test was retired from CFLRS and they used the sandbag relay now?
My package from recruiting says
Sandbag Drag
20m Rushes
And Shuttle run

I take it the sandbag relay is too easy?
The beep test isn't on the official scoring sheet. Its used to score the commandant flag against the sister platoon.

I understand I may have mixed my words up.
If you guys say its the FORCE test, I'll take your word for it.
I got frustrated because I know about the force test and the express test my issue is that is not what my package from recruiting says

It makes no mention of the sandbag relay thing included in the FORCE test and reads a heck of a lot more like the old beep test from the Expres.

I understand you guys are probably salty about answering the same questions over and over again.

I included a picture of the part that confused me.
No mention of dropping to prone
No mention of a sandbag on your shoulder

So yes, I do think it was a valid question.
I appologise for my rudeness, puckchaser you're right that attitude was uncalled for and juevenile. Please chalk it up to frustration and know I'm sincere when I say it won't happen again.

The FORCE test is the test you will need to pass for PT testing in the CAF unless you are in a trade that uses a different standard (Fire Fighter, SOF, SAR Tech, etc) but that will be down the road.  Prep for the FORCE test and don't let yourself 'just meet the minimum standard'; anyone who can only attain the minimum standards in the FORCE test won't likely survive the day to day grind at The Mega.  :2c:

If I screw up 1 part of the fitness, like If I slipped during the sandbag drag. Do I get a second chance to do it again? or I will fail automatically

... said:
If I screw up 1 part of the fitness, like If I slipped during the sandbag drag. Do I get a second chance to do it again? or I will fail automatically

Yes, 'technically' you fail automatically. All portions of the FORCE test must be completed within the allotted time and without error in order to pass successfully. A slip & fall during the sandbag drag would constitute error as at no time is the individual allowed to stop their steady flow of backwards movement during the drag.

However, on one of my platoons, recruits were given another chance for the drag portion. On the other, not. So it is NOT a guarantee.

Generally, if the recruit fails, he/she will be removed from platoon and sent to TRP (formerly Warrior Platoon) for additional physical training until they are able to pass.

BeyondTheNow said:
Yes, 'technically' you fail automatically. All portions of the FORCE test must be completed within the allotted time and without error in order to pass successfully. A slip & fall during the sandbag drag would constitute error as at no time is the individual allowed to stop their steady flow of backwards movement during the drag.

However, on one of my platoons, recruits were given another chance for the drag portion. On the other, not. So it is NOT a guarantee.

Generally, if the recruit fails, he/she will be removed from platoon and sent to TRP (formerly Warrior Platoon) for additional physical training until they are able to pass.

If I'm applying to the reserves, am I going to be send to TRP too?

By the book it is a fail, but the PSP staff at Kingston generally tell you to bring the bags back and start again. Loosing your balance and falling isn't really an indicator of fitness, unless you are falling because you can't physically start the stuff moving....), and the PSP staff have better things to do than re run you through an entire test because you slipped.

YMMV

... said:
If I'm applying to the reserves, am I going to be send to TRP too?

RCAF PRes recruits do their BMQ in St. Jean. I've seen Navy and Army PRes there also, but I'm not sure about what stipulates weekend BMQ vs. the entire course at St. Jean. (Hopefully another user can fill you in on that piece.)

But some of the individual examples I've seen of PRes recruits flunking their FORCE test usually resulted in them returning to their PRes unit, since time on TRP can vary. There doesn't seem to be a standard. Again, hopefully someone with authority/first-hand experience can better inform you.

Back