• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Fitness for Operational Requirements of CAF Employment ( FORCE )

PuckChaser said:
Really? I haven't been able to find any on the grievance board website.... if it went outside a unit, that's where it goes.

Not all are referred to the Board, which is now the Commitee; most remain within DGCFGA.  If it didnt go to the MGERC, it won't be recorded on their site.

So I heard something today.

The CF fitness test is changing again.  There will be 3 levels.
CF PT test/fitness level
Army PT Test/fitness level
and a 3rd level, possibly trade or unit.

*mic drop*

I wonder if the Sigs one will be dead lifting full 100 cup coffee urns...

PuckChaser said:
I wonder if the Sigs one will be dead lifting full 100 cup coffee urns...

1 Cup = 250ml

1000 ml = 1 L = 1Kg

Therefore, 100 cups = 25Kg (+ weight of the urn)

Jarnhamar said:

CF PT test/fitness level

*mic drop*

There is discussion about adding incentive levels to the FORCE test.  Any environmental or Trade standard would have to be established in a way to ensure it is supportable and defensible in the event of a grievance; it can't merely be someone declaring "I think this is the standard".  FORCE was researched and established based on evidence, with CAF SMEs identifying the tasks and standards that must be achieved, and the sample exercises and standards that make up the FORCE test were set as scientifically valid predictors of performance in those tasks.

The Army merely has to identify a reasonable, defensible standard and determine what is a sound, supportable predictor of success of that standard.

Jarnhamar said:

CF PT test/fitness level

*mic drop*

In Shilo the head of the PSP briefed us that the army would in fact have its own PT test within 12 months. What was briefed was:

- The BFT and FORCE test would be merged into 1 test for the army. The BFT would become a 5km march to the gym and the FORCE test would be done immediately afterwards. Each person would receive a score in 1 of 4 possible quadrants, being (not literally named but to get the idea across...) fat-unfit (member is overweight and failed the FORCE test), fat-fit (member is overweight and passed the force test), not-fat-unit (member is not fat but failed) and fat-fit. So, based on your overall score you'll receive a patch for your uniform also, with platinum being the highest (and he said only achievable by .2% of the CF).

You will also be scored as a collective with the rest of your unit, so leadership will be evaluation on the effectiveness of their PT plans based on the Coy/Bty/Sqn scores, the Regt/Bn score, the Bde score, and the Div score.

Bird_Gunner45 said:
In Shilo the head of the PSP briefed us that the army would in fact have its own PT test within 12 months. What was briefed was:

- The BFT and FORCE test would be merged into 1 test for the army. The BFT would become a 5km march to the gym and the FORCE test would be done immediately afterwards. Each person would receive a score in 1 of 4 possible quadrants, being (not literally named but to get the idea across...) fat-unfit (member is overweight and failed the FORCE test), fat-fit (member is overweight and passed the force test), not-fat-unit (member is not fat but failed) and fat-fit. So, based on your overall score you'll receive a patch for your uniform also, with platinum being the highest (and he said only achievable by .2% of the CF).

You will also be scored as a collective with the rest of your unit, so leadership will be evaluation on the effectiveness of their PT plans based on the Coy/Bty/Sqn scores, the Regt/Bn score, the Bde score, and the Div score.

Jarnhamar said:

CF PT test/fitness level

*mic drop*

:facepalm:

Bird_Gunner45 said:
So, based on your overall score you'll receive a patch for your uniform also, with platinum being the highest (and he said only achievable by .2% of the CF).

:facepalm:

And here I was, quietly laughing to myself that the RAAF has a "battle budgie" pin on service dress that shows they are fit for deployment. 

Bird_Gunner45 said:

Great! A new pin!

Maybe someday they'll be worth 15 bucks on e-bay, just like this little beauty  ;D

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Canada-Canadian-Armed-Forces-95-BRONZE-WARRIOR-badge-pin-/330714047445?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0017e3d5

Bird_Gunner45 said:

I like it!  A badge for being fat!

Where the hell is this kindergarten-esque thinking coming from?

What level of isolation are these people in who think this is a good idea.

I've met no one who thinks bling for passing a mandatory test is a good idea.

We seriously need more incentive to pass a pt test other than, pass it or get out? We need achievement pins?

This is what people are spending time on when we have so many other issues that need attention?  :facepalm:

c_canuk said:

We seriously need more incentive to pass a pt test other than, pass it or get out? We need achievement pins?

This is what people are spending time on when we have so many other issues that need attention?  :facepalm:

Nobody says you need to wear it on your uniform.  I certainly won't be  :)

We can pool them all together and sell them to the Walter Mitty's of the world.  I'm sure Franck Gervais would love a nice fitness pin to go along with his Pathfinder badge and Medal of Bravery  ;D

c_canuk said:

Gold Star for you..... ;D

Any takers on what the badges will look like?

I'd go with this  ;D

fitness2.jpg

I envision being a little bigger than the 1812 Pin and also keeping the aforementioned pin's spinning feature!

c_canuk said:

I agree. Bling is ridiculous. We should issue ribbons instead, like the US, so it can go right beside the ribbon for "I crossed the street without my sergeant's assistance".  /SARC OFF

Oldgateboatdriver said:
I agree. Bling is ridiculous. We should issue ribbons instead, like the US, so it can go right beside the ribbon fro "I crossed the street without my sergeant's assistance".  /SARC OFF

"Raincoats On! - Raincoats Off!" comes to mind.

Back