• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Final Interview

SimonM

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'll having my interview to enroll in the infantry on Monday morning. Any tips for me ??

Thanks

SimonM said:
I'll having my interview to enroll in the infantry on Monday morning. Any tips for me ??

Interview advice (merged)
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/12755.300

SimonM said:
Hey guys,

Thanks

There are many tips on this website as someone has already stated to you. I just did mine so here is what I can say.

Be prepared to be asked questions about leadership, past job experience, and character. Also be prepared to be asked questions about the Canadian Forces and why you want to be an infantry soldier. Be prepared to be ask questions about your education or any formal qualifications you have as well. You should also know your position well in terms of training and the totality of what the job entails. Be relaxed and show confidence and a genuine interest that you want to be there and that you want the job. I cannot state what questions they will ask specifically because you are told you cannot discuss what specific questions were asked at the beginning of the interview.

If you are prepared, you will do well!
Good Luck

Is there a posibility that they give you an answer right after the interview as to wether or not you will be offered a job??

SimonM said:
Is there a posibility that they give you an answer right after the interview as to wether or not you will be offered a job??

The answer they will give you right after the interview is whether or not you can be merit listed, and if you are competitive. They will also inform you that being merit listed doesn't guaranty you an offer in the future.

You can ask them if they have the next selection dates for your trades so you can know when you COULD receive a call.

SimonM said:

Just to add on to the previous replies, the person who is interviewing you does not decide who gets what job. They will give you a score based on how well your interview went, then that will be put into your file for the selection board.

SimonM said:

You didn't say whether this interview was for Reg Force or the Reserves?

If it's an interview for a Regular Force position my tip would be "Pick two other occupation choices to include during the interview" or it may very well be a long road you'll travel.

Regular force. I have 2 other choices, but the person in charge of my file said she'd only write the first two so that i only be questioned on those.

I dont allow myself to get overly confident, but i like my chances since i got a good result on the aptitudes test. Based on advice from my buds already in the Forces, i just roll with the punches.

A recruiter told me that if you choose two other trades, it will be beneficial for you to NOT include trades from all three branches, the army, navy, and air force. He said it would look as if you are not sure what you trade you actually want.

I would say not to choose three trades for the sake of choosing them and hoping to have a better chance (which it does not guarantee) but choose what you are really interested in doing. It could also mean you might close a door for someone who actually wants the job, if you were to accept a job offer for a trade you are not really interested in.

Also, at the end of my interview, the interviewer added that he would recommend me for my first choice (MARS DEO) as my interview was strongest for it. So although you might not get information on where you stand on the merit list, I figure the interviewer will inform you on your standings as much as possible.

Oh and due to the fact that no is actually allowed to talk about the interview in details, I suggest talking to recruiters as much as you can about it. I found an older recruiter who helped me a lot by telling me how I should prepare without actually telling me what was going to be asked.

lee465 said:
A recruiter told me that if you choose two other trades, it will be beneficial for you to NOT include trades from all three branches, the army, navy, and air force. He said it would look as if you are not sure what you trade you actually want.

It sounds like that recruiter might have been a tad... misinformed. Even if that were the case and someone was to ace the interview, CFAT, and all that good stuff, do you really think they would care how diverse your choices were. I know a handful of people who had an army, navy, and an air force trade on their list, and they all got their first choice.

SeR said:
It sounds like that recruiter might have been a tad... misinformed. Even if that were the case and someone was to ace the interview, CFAT, and all that good stuff, do you really think they would care how diverse your choices were. I know a handful of people who had an army, navy, and an air force trade on their list, and they all got their first choice.

Seeing as he told me I would have to go through NOAB, maybe he was a little misinformed and outdated  ;D

My top 2 are infantry and combat engineer, and the third is MAT TECH. All three appeal to me, although infantry is most definatly my first option and source of motivation.

SimonM said:
Regular force. I have 2 other choices, but the person in charge of my file said she'd only write the first two so that i only be questioned on those.

Don't know why they would recommend something like that but it's your job interview, so if you're happy with doing that, then it's your choice.

Things recruiters say that "Make you go, hmmmmmmmmmm" 

Maybe his third choice was closed? That's what happened to me with Intelligence Officer, it was closed so I didn't get questions on it in the interview.

Chelomo said:
Maybe his third choice was closed? That's what happened to me with Intelligence Officer, it was closed so I didn't get questions on it in the interview.

This is where my frustration level goes up.........

So if Int O is an occupation that you are somewhat/seriously interested in and it's on your application, but is CLOSED and your being interviewed for your other choices, then your interview should also include Int O, closed or not!  Your being interviewed because atleast one of your choices is currently OPEN for processing.

So you do your interview based on only your one or two choices and then a week/month or so later, Intelligence Officer "re-opens".  Which for some occupations does happen quite often, believe it or not.

You will never be considered for any of those spots because they were dropped from your application and you were never interviewed for them.

That kinda sucks. It would make sense to do the interview anyway since you're there anyway, now that you mention it.

DAA said:
Don't know why they would recommend something like that but it's your job interview, so if you're happy with doing that, then it's your choice.

Things recruiters say that "Make you go, hmmmmmmmmmm"

She asked me which were those that interested me most, and since infantry and sapper are both combat trades, the interview would be foxused on those. Anyhow, im just choppin at the bit to join the infantry so, what the heck?!

Back