• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Final Interview

SimonM said:
She asked me which were those that interested me most, and since infantry and sapper are both combat trades, the interview would be foxused on those. Anyhow, im just choppin at the bit to join the infantry so, what the heck?!

Study up on both the CF in general and your choices then and good luck on Monday!

DAA said:
Study up on both the CF in general and your choices then and good luck on Monday!

Thanks alot, i appreciate it. Cant wait to be part of the team.

If I had nickel for every time I post this link, I would retire from the CAF young and rich.

Be sure to look over this guide: http://www.11rca.ca/web_pdf/prep.pdf

It is an EXCELLENT WAY to be ready to go for your interview.

It has also been posted 1345234551 times on these boards, so if you had researched your questions, you would have found it.

It's also the first hit on Google when I search 'CF interview prep.'

Good luck in your interview.

jwtg said:
If I had nickel for every time I post this link, I would retire from the CAF young and rich.
Be sure to look over this guide: http://www.11rca.ca/web_pdf/prep.pdf
It is an EXCELLENT WAY to be ready to go for your interview.
It has also been posted 1345234551 times on these boards, so if you had researched your questions, you would have found it.
It's also the first hit on Google when I search 'CF interview prep.'
Good luck in your interview.

I hear you loud and clear and in fact, have been guilty myself of posting this link and or passing it along to people.

But in all reality and based on experience, if this guide was any resemblance to an actual CF Interview, I am sure that 11 RCA would have been "ordered" to pull that from there website long ago.

However, I believe that most people who have read that link have said that it was "somewhat" helpful but not reflective of what they experienced come interview time.

DAA said:
I hear you loud and clear and in fact, have been guilty myself of posting this link and or passing it along to people.

But in all reality and based on experience, if this guide was any resemblance to an actual CF Interview, I am sure that 11 RCA would have been "ordered" to pull that from there website long ago.

However, I believe that most people who have read that link have said that it was "somewhat" helpful but not reflective of what they experienced come interview time.
It's definitely not a step-by-step guide to the CAF interview.  It's a good way to develop answers to potential questions, and to start thinking about ways to present your skills, experiences and qualities.

Publishing this guide provides no specific details about the CAF interview, but having done one only 3 years ago, I can say that this guide is a valuable tool.  Think of it as a training plan for a fitness test- if an applicant can provide good answers to all the questions in the guide, they'll be in good shape to succeed in their interview, just like if an applicant can perform well in all the tasks listed by a particular fitness regime, they would be in good shape to ace the EXPRES/FORCE tests.

I have no regrets because my interview was successful, but had I read this guide over beforehand, it would have been even more so.

Cheers.

jwtg said:
It's definitely not a step-by-step guide to the CAF interview.  It's a good way to develop answers to potential questions, and to start thinking about ways to present your skills, experiences and qualities.

Publishing this guide provides no specific details about the CAF interview, but having done one only 3 years ago, I can say that this guide is a valuable tool.  Think of it as a training plan for a fitness test- if an applicant can provide good answers to all the questions in the guide, they'll be in good shape to succeed in their interview, just like if an applicant can perform well in all the tasks listed by a particular fitness regime, they would be in good shape to ace the EXPRES/FORCE tests.

I have no regrets because my interview was successful, but had I read this guide over beforehand, it would have been even more so.

Cheers.

I agree that this is a reasonably good "prep" tool for anyone who will be attending a job interview but keep in mind, that the CF process was recently changed this year and applicants are now subject to the TSD, which forms part of the process, somehow.

But nevertheless, the link is somewhat of a good start in preparing and can't hurt, so long as it's not taken as gospel.

I think there is a possibility that the interview has changed in the last few years, as they have added a new test to the enlistibg process. Its called the "personality test". I did it last week.

SimonM said:
I think there is a possibility that the interview has changed in the last few years, as they have added a new test to the enlistibg process. Its called the "personality test".

I believe that is the Canadian Forces Trait Self Descriptive ( TSD ) Personality Inventory previously referred to.
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/109056.0

Just to update you guys; i did well on my interview and i was offered a job. I'll be starting BMQ on June 10th. Hell yeah

Back