• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Field Phone

horatio749

Inactive
Reaction score
Can Anyone remember what the model is we're currently using as the canadian field phone. I was looking to get one but i cant seem to find them anywhere??

It was the venerable TA-43...not sure what the new one is.

Just out of curiosity, why would you want a field phone?

If you wanted it for use in the military, you'd just go through the system to get one. This leads me to believe that you'd want one for personal use.

But it's probably the most boring piece of gear the Queen has ever issued.  What makes it so interesting that you've decided to get one?

They can be hooked up to your residential phone line....I think it would be a neat addition to my bar

No, but if someone is holding the bear wires at the end of the line, you can zap them by pushing the ringer button.  :D

Push the ringer button on the TA43?
Don't think so..... hand crank to get that little electrical jolt :)
The new field phones have the push buttons...

In Cyprus in 89/90 we trialled a field phone system called Mattel if I recall correctly. It seemed to work fine. Anyone else remember these?

Long time ago my reserve unit CO was a project manager for Canadian Marconi Co.  They would build all sort of Milspec radio, telephone and field switchboard systems for the international market. He'd use the unit to trial the gear.  We'd also inherit all sorts of "one of" equipment that never made it on the international market but was entirely serviceable.  It would always astonish the Comms & tech guys who would come in for a visit ;)

Skip__ said:
They can be hooked up to your residential phone line....I think it would be a neat addition to my bar

I would think the new ones cost a bit and may not even be avail for private purchase.

I have some wartime ones in stock that I think go up to the 50's. They are $40 each. You can find me via my website at www.armyoutfitters.ca if you are interested in them

Army Outfitters said:
I have some wartime ones in stock that I think go up to the 50's. They are $40 each. You can find me via my website at www.armyoutfitters.ca if you are interested in them

Army Outfitters,

Now, I don't mean to be a bitch,

But I feel the overwhelming desire to point out to you that precisely 8 out of 8 of your last posts have been related to your personal economic business venture.

Perhaps you may want to check in with Mr Bobbitt about site advertising fees IAW Milnet.ca guidelines.

Sorry, but I just can't seem to come up with a politcially correct way to say:

"Quit trolling the threads looking for business!!"

ArmyVern
The Milnet.ca Staff

*** ((( SILLY HAT MODE ))) ***

horatio749 said:
Can Anyone remember what the model is we're currently using as the Canadian field phone.

I do recall asking the QM for some of these. I know they"ll work in the Battalion.

fisher-price-phone.jpg

One time, at CFSCE.... I was working on splicing a phone line from the CP, and my brilliant fire team partner was persistently trying to call me with the RA2000 in our det. I nearly shoved that thing up his.. orifice.

Sigger said:
One time, at CFSCE.... I was working on splicing a phone line from the CP, and my brilliant fire team partner was persistently trying to call me with the RA2000 in our det. I nearly shoved that thing up his.. orifice.

Come on Ring voltage is on 5V a little tingel and it is over  :crybaby:

That is one expensive bar accessory.  The RA2000's are approximately $1500 each.  The Matel phones someone mentioned earlier are even more expensive and not worth their weight in my opinion.

Cheers,

Back