• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Favourite War Movies

krimynal said:
Okay so yeah I'm trying to find some decent war movies ( maybe 80's and up ) That aren't too far from reality !

I have no problem with some Hollywood movies , but I still wanna try to stick a bit to the reality ....

I enjoyed movie's like : We were Soldiers , Black Hawk Down ( very hollywood like ) , Saving private Ryan ( hollywood , but still kinda relevant ) , !5:13 The life a soldier I really enjoyed , Band Of Brothers and Pacific

I'm still trying to find more movies , Might be about WW2 , WW1 , Gulf War , Korea , I don't have any fixed ideas , I just really like those kind of movies , but if they could be more real thing then to much fiction!!!

Thanks a lot !!
24 pages of military movie goodness right here....
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/28627.0.html

Terracide said:
.... Joyeux Noel - WW1 movie where both sides decide to have a cease-fire for christmas, but end fraternizing and face charges for treason ....
One of my Christmas gifts - looking forward to watching it.

thanks a lot , most of them are also kinda old , that means not to much special hollywood effect wich is great !!!

krimynal said:
thanks a lot , most of them are also kinda old , that means not to much special hollywood effect wich is great !!!
Happy to help - prepare to merge....

Milnet.ca Staff

"Band of Brothers" by far. For those who may have not seen it, not a movie, but a mini-series. Simply superior in its depiction/following of 'Easy Company' and the realities of WWII that they faced. (Not to mention seeing some of the real-life heros who were involved and listening to them speak.)

krimynal said:

Yeah not much in thos old ones just good plots, acting, writing etc.  ::)

Danjanou said:
Yeah not much in thos old ones just good plots, acting, writing etc.  ::)

Umm, I thought his comment meant that he liked the old ones....  :dunno:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053137/

On The Beach.  Excellent movie about Australia dealing with the aftermath of global nuclear war.

PMedMoe said:
Umm, I thought his comment meant that he liked the old ones....  :dunno:

I meant that usually those new movies , have bunch of special effects and pretty much sets the movie way different then reality , I'd rather watch an older movie , with a better story line and better meaning , I mean Really good war movies are the one that are base on the actual WAR itself , not on a crapy love story made by hollywood to get the people loving it ( Pearl Harbor )

sorry if I wasn't clear !

krimynal said:
I meant that usually those new movies , have bunch of special effects and pretty much sets the movie way different then reality , I'd rather watch an older movie , with a better story line and better meaning , I mean Really good war movies are the one that are base on the actual WAR itself , not on a crapy love story made by hollywood to get the people loving it ( Pearl Harbor )

sorry if I wasn't clear !

Oh, I got your meaning.  I just don't think Danjanou did.  ;)

it's all good hahaha , sometimes what I say makes a lot of sense in my head , but it's pretty much the only place where it does hahaha

daftandbarmy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F2OX7xtSZo

Not a movie, yet....
Pretty much this exact same sequence was in the movie Act of Valor, where they turned the bad guys' pickup truck into Swiss cheese.

The Bandito Brothers made that SWCC video as well as Act of Valour

Production

[edit]Development
In 2007, Mike McCoy and Scott Waugh of Bandito Brothers Production filmed a video for the Special Warfare Combatant-craft Crewmen which led the U.S. Navy to allow them to use actual active duty SEALs. After spending so much time working closely with the SEALs, McCoy and Waugh conceived the idea for a modern day action movie about this covert and elite fighting force. As Act of Valor developed with the SEALs on board as advisors, the filmmakers realized that no actors could realistically portray or physically fill the roles they had written and the actual SEALs were drafted to star in the film. The SEALs will remain anonymous, as none of their names appear in the film's credits.[5]
For the Navy, the film is an initiative to recruit SEALs.[6] According to The Huffington Post, the Navy required the active-duty SEALs to participate.[7]
Relativity Media acquired the rights to the project on June 12, 2011 for $13 million and a $30 million in prints and advertising commitment. Deadline.com called it "the biggest money paid for a finished film with an unknown cast".[8] The production budget was estimated to be between $15 million and $18 million.[9]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_Valor

Back