• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Failed Relationships after Deployments - Sound OFF!

Sig_Des said:
my last one decided she couldn't deal with it...timing was quite interesting...Day after my Birthday, which also happened to be the day after one of my best friends was wounded in Afghanistan.

She was ***** anyway! I mean anyone who breaks up with a guy the day he finds out one of his best friends the guy he came to see get on the plane is all messed up and in a hospital, and you didn't have a clue how bad he is....I mean come on thats just whorish!

Am I wrong guys no really am I?

Bah F'em all I say!

HoM, I might be in the bitter minority here, but I honestly think you're on to something with your line of reasoning there.

HitorMiss said:
She was ***** anyway! I mean anyone who breaks up with a guy the day he finds out one of his best friends the guy he came to see get on the plane is all messed up and in a hospital, and you didn't have a clue how bad he is....I mean come on thats just whorish!

Am I wrong guys no really am I?

Bah F'em all I say!

You know, a certain wounded soldier made the same rant in a drug-induced haze at a hospital in Ottawa, made me pretty glad to have the buddy  ;)

I hear that guy has a lot of anger he likes the spread around.

See Wes we all have a little hate going on now and then

Below is a posting from another guy in the same situation. A brief moment of levity for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH-uBTaenXI

Bigmac said:
Below is a posting from another guy in the same situation. A brief moment of levity for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH-uBTaenXI

Outstanding!

Hey Wes, been there, done that, more than once, and have the T-shirt! It gets better!!!!!!!!! Other than a basic need........what good are they anyways?? Just kidding. I do feel for you but like all have said here, chin and soldier on. Everything happens for a reason. It can always get worse.

As they say.... "been there, done that, got 1/2 the t-shirt".

Keep your stick on the ice, Wes.

Wes
I am so sorry.  I wish I had someone in my life that had your courage.  As everyone else has already said, chin up.  She didn't deserve you and everything DOES happen for a reason.  Stay well, stay SAFE.  You have a lot of support here (just wish you weren't so far away).
D2

On a bright note, Wes; A friend of mine's wife left him for stupid reasons and some idiot of another guy.  My friend is now married to his best friend and lover.  They are madly in love and fool around like teenagers in the backseat. 
Chin up dude, the best is yet to come.

:cheers:

Do you miss her yet?  Improve your aim!  LOL 

Sorry to hear about that Wes.  :'(
It's really hard when you've lost your spouse over in the Sandbox and then to hear that people are just leaving their spouses when they get home. I would love to have my husband here so that if we fight, we can kiss and make up!  :'(
So for anyone out there having trouble on the home front - please,please, remember that it could be much worse. You could be left alone  - forever waiting for your soldier to come home. So hug and kiss each other extra tight.  :-*

teddybear

Awww Bear, don't worry it might not be the same thing but there are a few of us around who will glady hug you anytime you want.

Some us will even get drunk and dance with you like an idiot  ;D

:( Sorry to hear that Wes, Bud. Had a situation when I was infantry - got a 'Dear John, let's be friends' letter from a childhood sweet heart before heading home one time on leave (was gonna give her a ring).  Was in my mid 20's and spent the next few years well, for lack of a better word, 'partying'. Finally met a great gal who was (still is) military. She understood military life. Been together 15 years (knock on wood).

Things may look like shyte now Bud, but it can only get better. Keep your stick on the ice Bud!  :salute:

Wes,

Like everyone else had said already, you dont need her. YOU are probably BETTER off without her. Heck you ARE better off without her. Head up, shoulders up-back and down, march forward into the locales of Auz and have a great time! Think about all the locals that you can now freely spread your pollen upon  ;)

On a serious note, when I get the exchange program set-up at my unit with an Auz unit, I will be there to buy you a drink. Maybe, two, I'll even buy your buddy one too!

Bad luck old man, really sorry to hear about it. I know an email doesnt really do it but just want you to know i feel for you.
PM incoming.

Thanks all for your support.

I must fess up, this sure aint easy.

Regards,

Wes

Wesley, my sincerest regards.
I know your pain....to an extent.

I was told two days before my birthday (mar22nd) that my husband wanted a divorce.
Still haven't got a reason out of him.

I am on one coast and he is on the other with the kids, and I am on course, so all of it compounded real fast.

Keep your chin up as much as possible.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

I guess I will be the contrarian here; take the time to decide what you really want. And if you want to try and save things then go full steam ahead and try to save them. Sometimes it works.

If not then I hope things work out for you however you want them too; make sure you look out for yourself.

spud

Wes,

Well, to put a positive spin on all this, she just gave you the ability to go find "Mrs Right"? 
Stick on the ice...drop a line anytime you need to vent.

MRM

Hey one thing that worked for me was getting caught up in the life I led. I got my mind off of (the cheating a-hole) and it grew over plus got so darned productive. I never thought I'd see the day when I would pay no mind to it. If you can't be there and she don't care why do you care? Everybody's got problems, you just need someone who knows you even if ain't nobody calling back.  :)

Back