• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) - Merged

Hello,

I lived in the USA for a time as an adult.
I am told I need to get an FBI clearance check
Can anyone be specific about what exactly I need to provide?

I was told "tell the FBI you need it to get into Canadian Armed Forces" but I don't think this will work. 

HarryKytle said:
Hello,

I was told "tell the FBI you need it to get into Canadian Armed Forces" but I don't think this will work.
That doesn't sound right.

Was it a recruting center that told you that you needed to provide this?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

HarryKytle said:
Hello,

I haven't heard of that before; but with that said if you're being asked to provide more information you should reach out to your recruiting centre to find out what more they want not a Recruiting Forum.  Each background check is specific to the individual; in your case you could have time in the USA within the time period that they're looking at and Mintz may not be able to find information as such is requesting a USA background check.  You should really reach out to your CFRC to find out what they're asking for specifically and why.

HarryKytle said:
Hello,

it's this https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
I have had it done.
and it does actually take 3 months.

Hi, I don't know if anyone here can help but I'm looking for an email address.  I'm close to graduating ROTP and was told if i don't want my promotion held up to make sure my security clearance has been properly initiated.  I've contacted my ULO and they sent me a screenshot showing the process initiated in St Jean 2 years ago, but can't confirm its complete.  And in fact said if its not, it may need to be restarted but that I would have to contact the correct person in St Jean to confirm.  She was unable to give me the email though and instead referred me to someone else who I've gotten no response from.

SO! Long story short, can anyone PM an email to someone in St Jean that can tell me whether or not all is good?

Thank you!

Danny78 said:
Hi, I don't know if anyone here can help but I'm looking for an email address.  I'm close to graduating ROTP and was told if i don't want my promotion held up to make sure my security clearance has been properly initiated.  I've contacted my ULO and they sent me a screenshot showing the process initiated in St Jean 2 years ago, but can't confirm its complete.  And in fact said if its not, it may need to be restarted but that I would have to contact the correct person in St Jean to confirm.  She was unable to give me the email though and instead referred me to someone else who I've gotten no response from.

SO! Long story short, can anyone PM an email to someone in St Jean that can tell me whether or not all is good?

Thank you!

Security Clearance is not a pre-requisite for promotion. Your ULO is lying to you to try and light a fire under your ass. Was the application submitted? Is it in the works in Ottawa, or did it never even leave some Unit Security Supervisor's office?

Lumber said:
Security Clearance is not a pre-requisite for promotion. Your ULO is lying to you to try and light a fire under your ***. Was the application submitted? Is it in the works in Ottawa, or did it never even leave some Unit Security Supervisor's office?

That's a bit of a leap... it looks more like their ULO might be incompetent but there is very little info available.

Danny78 said:

Thank you!

*You* shouldn't be randomly calling up / emailing anyone in St. Jean. I'm going to send you a PM with some advice.

ballz said:
That's a bit of a leap... it looks more like their ULO might be incompetent but there is very little info available.

*You* shouldn't be randomly calling up / emailing anyone in St. Jean. I'm going to send you a PM with some advice.

Much appreciated! Thank you.

ballz said:

I retract my baseless accusation. You're right; it's probably just incompetence.

I'm planning on applying to the Canadian Forces soon, although I am waiting for my citizenship.

I was born in Dubai, but they do not give out citizenships unless you are at least a second generation native. However, I do hold a Pakistani citizenship and passport, and that is my nationality on my Birth Certificate. I lived in Dubai since I was born, in 2000, to August 23rd, 2013

How will this affect my processing times?

The first thing you need is a Canadian citizenship so unless you have one then you would have to wait until then. Then I guess you are in for a quite lenghty reference/background check, you can read up on other thread about the topic of background check for people who lived abroad and maybe check the recruiting of permanent residents as I guess this is your legal status until you get your citizenship. Good luck with your application sir.

AliTheAce said:
I'm planning on applying to the Canadian Forces soon, although I am waiting for my citizenship.

I was born in Dubai, but they do not give out citizenships unless you are at least a second generation native. However, I do hold a Pakistani citizenship and passport, and that is my nationality on my Birth Certificate. I lived in Dubai since I was born, in 2000, to August 23rd, 2013

In all honesty it will likely increase your wait time. There likely will be additional background security checks done. This is common for people who have lived outside of Canada.
Try not to be discouraged but it does take a long time. Contact a recruiter and they can give you more info.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

AliTheAce said:

There is no indication of processing time on the official site,
https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/caf-jobs/apply-now/application-process.html
5. Reliability screening

See also,

Security Check/Level Superthread [MERGED]
https://army.ca/forums/threads/1399.875
36 pages.

Jayjaycf said:
check the recruiting of permanent residents as I guess this is your legal status until you get your citizenship.

Recruiting Permanent Residents 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/13555.225.html
10 pages.

From a CAF Recruiter,
DAA said:
You can't apply to the CF unless you are a Canadian Citizen.

There are exceptions made from time to time, but these are very rare and require extensive prior military service/training as mentioned above.

As always, Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

Hi everyone,

I completed my interview today and was told that because I lived in Germany for part of my university education I need to get a background check completed by Germany. I knew that this would be required seeing as I was there for over the 6 month period. However, I was under the impression that the CAF would be completing the check.

I was told that I am responsible for getting the check done myself, and that the Canadian name for the form is a Criminal Records Name Check, but my interviewer didn't know if the name would be the same in Germany. They were also unable to tell me how to start the process of obtaining this documentation.

I'm a little lost, I have researched for a few hours and can't find anything. Any input on where to start, and if the information I was given is correct, would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

hcahopeful said:
Hi everyone,

I completed my interview today and was told that because I lived in Germany for part of my university education I need to get a background check completed by Germany. I knew that this would be required seeing as I was there for over the 6 month period. However, I was under the impression that the CAF would be completing the check.

I was told that I am responsible for getting the check done myself, and that the Canadian name for the form is a Criminal Records Name Check, but my interviewer didn't know if the name would be the same in Germany. They were also unable to tell me how to start the process of obtaining this documentation.

I'm a little lost, I have researched for a few hours and can't find anything. Any input on where to start, and if the information I was given is correct, would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hello hcahopeful,

What you'll need is known in Germany as a Certificate of Conduct (Führungszeugnis). Applying for one is a relatively straightforward, quick procedure, even from within Canada. From the gov.ca website, here's an overview of the application process:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/germany.html
Next, from the German Ministry of Justice, here's the website where you'll find the forms and the means to pay online:
https://www.bundesjustizamt.de/DE/Themen/Buergerdienste/BZR/Inland/FAQ_node.html

You'll need to print off the form, have it notarized (bring some ID) and then mailed to the address listed in Bonn. Your finished certificate can't be mailed to a third-party, so you'll need to have it sent to your address and then you can drop it off at your recruiting centre.  If you have no record, it'll only be one word (in German), so hopefully they won't make you have it officially translated (my recruiting centre had a German speaker who did mine for me in-house). Best to clarify with your file manager while you're waiting about what they will do with the certificate once they have it (these documents expire within six months), as they originally thought I needed mine to be notarized, which means finding a German-speaking notary or taking it to the German embassy.

Hope that helps.

Hello,

I applied to armoured recon reserve in Vancouver on June 2017, everything I passed and or cleared expect the enhanced reliability status is still pending (7 months so far) I used to be ex CAF member back from 2011-2015 and did a Volunteer Release for 2-3 years. Now that I'm ready to go back in, Im just curious what the enhanced reliability check consist of. I know it has to do with
A) Credit Check
B) Criminal Check (does this include only criminal record check or as well as any police reports by me and against me and traffic tickets which have been paid and a couple waiting to go to court to fight against. Also does being sued by someone in small claims for a private sale regarding a car part while effect my ability to get a ERS again?

What company does the Security clearance / enhanced reliability check
and how and from who do they get the information.
what would be some reasons a ERS would be denied.

The only thing thats left is my ERS I had it once before but a lot has happen since I got out, lots of jobs, lots of visits to the USA, lots of traffic tickets, and some minor legal actions against me but no criminal record or anything serious.

I have great credit and no criminal record. what else do they check for besides the basics.

Thanks

Armstrong said:
A) Credit Check

Credit Check Superthread
https://army.ca/forums/threads/13319.0

Armstrong said:
B) Criminal Check

Criminal Records Check - CRC (Merged)
https://army.ca/forums/threads/12896.0

Armstrong said:
Im just curious what the enhanced reliability check consist of.

Enhanced Reliabilty 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/124560.0

enhanced reliability check..does it take 4 monthes or 6???
https://army.ca/forums/threads/86408.0

See also,

Enhanced Reliability
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+%22enhanced+reliability%22&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=I2dCWvvHA-ufXrGHl_gL&gws_rd=ssl

As always, Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

So just a criminal record check and a credit check is done to receive an ERS

Armstrong said:
So just a criminal record check and a credit check is done to receive an ERS

There is also a reference check made - and typically would include verification of employment as well as an interview with your references.

BCOG

I think the recruiter does the employment and reference checks now at the reserve unit .

Back