• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enhanced Reliability Check (ERC) - Merged

FinnO25 said:
On the application it says they won't contact your current employer if you so wish... I am just wondering if that is actually true or if they just contact them anyway?

Question regarding DND Personal Data Verification
https://army.ca/forums/threads/97476/post-1431064.html#msg1431064
Drew Grey said:
Im in a situation where I kinda don't want my current employer to know Im applying for the Forces.

Forces.ca
DND Personal Data Verification
http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/PersonalDataVerification.pdf
"You can advise us not to conduct a check of your employment background only if it pertains to
your current employer(s)."

FinnO25 said:
I don't think it is a trap, but my current employer is not exactly thrilled that I am looking for another job, i have already gotten heat from them about it. So much so that I would not use them as a reference. So my apologies for asking a normal question on a public domain..

I wasn't trying to climb up on you, it was a simple question. They wouldn't put the contact current employer box on the form if they were just going to circumvent your wishes and do it anyway.

What happens if a former employer gives you a bad reference? will your application be denied?

FinnO25 said:
What happens if a former employer gives you a bad reference? will your application be denied?

Bad reference
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+%22bad+reference%22&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=uRoaWeyNFoON8QeI_YDICw&gws_rd=ssl

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of information.

They don't contact them, they actually call you if you don't put anything there to confirm if you want them to contact them or not. As this would get some people in hot water if their current employers knew they were attempting to leave their current company, they don't call if you don't want them to.

From a CAF Recruiter,

DND Personal Data Verification

DAA said:
Take a closer look at your PDV Form, specifically the very first page where you will see......

"For your employment history, all your previous employer(s) will be contacted; you can advise us not to conduct a check of your employment background only if it is pertains to your current employer(s)."

What do i do if a former employer rejects to give me a proof of employment?

I have online t4 slips and stuff. My RC said they need a government official T4.

FinnO25 said:
My RC said they need a government official T4.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/tax-slips/a-copy-your-tax-slips.html

All is fixed. My career counsellor was given the wrong information back from the 3rd party.  [:) Thanks for the help anyway!
Cheers Guys! 

Hello army.ca,
I've recently applied to the armed forces. I'm lead to believe, having lived in Norway for many years, they'll want a background and credit check from Norway.
I've heard a foreign background check can extend the time it takes to process my application by up to 9 months!

Could contacting the norwegian authorities and requesting they send over said background information speed up my application process? Any other information?

Thanks, Kevin.

Kevin32 said:
Could contacting the norwegian authorities and requesting they send over said background information speed up my application process?

Why dont you call them and ask? Start there.

Kevin32 said:
Hello army.ca,
I've recently applied to the armed forces. I'm lead to believe, having lived in Norway for many years, they'll want a background and credit check from Norway.
I've heard a foreign background check can extend the time it takes to process my application by up to 9 months!

Could contacting the norwegian authorities and requesting they send over said background information speed up my application process? Any other information?

Thanks, Kevin.

Hi Kevin, welcome to Army.ca.

While I don't feel the Norwegian authorities will have a lot of knowledge/feedback on what will or won't speed up your application process for the Canadian Armed Forces, you'd be better off posing that question to your CFRC. We do have some members of the site working/who have worked in Recruiting, but they can be occupied at times and aren't able to respond to all inquiries quickly.

You are correct in that a background check will be required and it will extend your processing time. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot that can be done about that, other than being patient and productive in the mean time.

Please explore the recruiting threads in which you'll find a lot of additional information to answer most of the questions you'll have as your process moves forward. However, please note that due to the dynamic of this site there are specific types of questions that only your CFRC/file manager will be able to answer for you.

Kevin32 said:
Could contacting the norwegian authorities and requesting they send over said background information speed up my application process?

Background Check (Merged)
Reply #50
Kv-super said:
is their any way I can speed things up with the process,

See also,

Speed up Background Check
https://www.google.ca/search?rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-CA%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&dcr=0&q=site%3Aarmy.ca++%22speed+up%22+%22background+check%22&oq=site%3Aarmy.ca++%22speed+up%22+%22background+check%22&gs_l=psy-ab.12...0.0.0.62743.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0.foo%2Cersl%3D1%2Cfett%3D1%2Cewh%3D0%2Cnso-enksa%3D0%2Cnso-enfk%3D1%2Cnso-usnt%3D1%2Cnso-qnt-npqp%3D0-1%2Cnso-qnt-npdq%3D0-45%2Cnso-qnt-npt%3D0-09%2Cnso-qnt-ndc%3D300%2Ccspa-dspm-nm-mnp%3D0-045%2Ccspa-dspm-nm-mxp%3D0-1125%2Cnso-unt-npqp%3D0-15%2Cnso-unt-npdq%3D0-25%2Cnso-unt-npt%3D0-06%2Cnso-unt-ndc%3D300%2Ccspa-uipm-nm-mnp%3D0-0075%2Ccspa-uipm-nm-mxp%3D0-0525...0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0.z_HlMvM8ZFs

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of up to date information.

Hey guys so I know this thread has been dead for a while, but I had a question pertaining to this forms relevance. I have been fired from a job before. And was told by the employer not to put them on a resume or contact sheet, I suppose this is a little more in depth so I am supposed to put them down correct?

Yes Finn025.

It is even more than "a little more" in depth.

Your employment history (just as your residency history) in the Security clearance form is exactly that: a history. There must be absolutely no gaps in it, regardless of the circumstances. Your ex-employers are not used as "references", they may be interviewed by security personnel for info relating to you as a security risk, not employment risk.

You will have to go through this process many times over your career in the CAF, should you be accepted, or if no offer is forth coming at this stage but you re-apply later in life. So here is a little trick: Take the time to completely and properly fill the form and then, always keep a copy of your latest one so that, any time you need to re-fill one, you have a starting point from which all you have to do is add the latest info.

Good luck.

Good to know! Thanks very much, I am actually heading off to BMQ in November so hopefully all goes well!

Back